Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You can go to jail for decades if you're in any way associated with donating to an organization the US Government declares to be terrorist whatever you're intentions were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land_Foundation_for_Relief_and_Development

So I don't blame Jeffery YPOS for permabanning ekunn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

freeedr posted:

I get “you are using an adblocker!!” pop-ups despite not having an adblocker. I don’t use the desktop much so I don’t have one installed and when I click a news site it will load the page that is absolutely full of visibly not-blocked ads and then warn me to disable my adblocker to continue.

Youtube was pulling that bullshit on me despite me having already disabled my ad blockers for youtube already for like two days then it stopped.

I blame people thinking computers are smarter than themselves which is a really dumb thing to think, ironically.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/NipseyHoussle/status/1715417377435762987?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

freeedr posted:

I said something about landlords sucking poo poo at work and then found out one of our providers is an Airbnb landlord. Then someone that rented his place for six weeks squatted for free afterward by using legal technicalities, probably inspired by news stories about the same.

If you want my opinion on landlords, just read Mao. (Who didn't actually say they should be killed, he encouraged working with them during the revolution, he just said they should not in any circumstances be given any sort of political power).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is anecdotal from a friend who does like trains, but almost certainly isn't on the spectrum (or learned enough coping mechanisms very early on that no one could tell from childhood) that some train museums have autism awareness pamphlets for kids parents whose children are a bit too much into trains.

I think it's much less common in America just because we largely have a completely poo poo rail infrastructure compared to most of Europe and Asia. Does Chicago have "El Spotters?"

edit: I can't type well

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 08:31 on Oct 24, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mauser posted:

Is it really proofreading if it's only two words?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TVzeKZ2X-A&t=317s

relevant par starts at 5:17 if the time stamp doesn't work

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GotLag posted:

Having worked at a signwriting company, the people there definitely do not notice the mistakes

I believe it, I just like the bit.

I left the t out of "part" and that was absolutely not on purpose and only noticed when you quoted me

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/ostonox/status/1717592054417563829?s=20

You do sorta have to wait for the end, but I'm not gonna blame anyone who listens to like 5 seconds of this woman and stops.
Lady was drinking way more caffeine than she thought she was

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Like it's successor Four Loko, Sparks was alcoholic

I my local gas station a tall can of Sparks was also cheaper than a can of Monster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

QR Code Geass posted:

Things you need to card for at a gas station now: CBD drinks, Kratom, Vaaaaaape pens, questionable glassware from behind the counter, LIGHTERS torch and otherwise.

What is Kratom? I see signs saying "we sell Kratom" but I have no idea either what it does or what it's supposed to do.

Remember when you could buy loving Salvia without an ID? How many teenagers experienced ego death because of that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

derp posted:

I worked nights at a gas station when sparks came out and the number of teens who tried to buy it and then pretended they 'didnt know it was alcohol' when I carded them was so high that it must have been working for them somewhere

When I was in highschool we lived near a pretty busy highway that went straight through town , so there were gas stations every couple blocks. If we wanted beer we'd just try them and if we got carded we'd say we left it in the car then drive three blocks and try again. Usually didn't take more than three or four attempts before we got to someone who just didn't give a poo poo and wouldn't card.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rotten posted:

I have a friend here in Washington that took his mom’s car when he was 18 and him and his friends went up to Canada to drink. He got caught cause at some point I think they ran a red light and the ticket got sent back to his house weeks later.

Unless they changed it, drinking age in British Columbia is 19, not 18.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

credburn posted:

I found out that I, and like a lot of people my age grew up with a grandfather claiming his great-grandmother was some Apache princess or something

Yeah, but this one is that she was specifically born to Cree parents and adopted by her white parents when as near as anyone can tell those white people are her biological parents. And having your great great great grandmother being Apache or whatever generally doesn't qualify you for recognition by the tribe as a member. Like we have a little family lore that one of our ancestors had to flee England because he was one of the members of parliament that signed Charles' death warrant, probably not true, but it's a good story and I don't claim it makes me English aristocracy. if I had a family story that 6 generations back I'm a direct descendent of an Apache princess I might repeat it, but I wouldn't use it to claim rewards specifically set aside for First Nations people.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 19:42 on Oct 30, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone have the compilation that's either that guy, or a different guy operating the same ride, just doing variations of that over and over again?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

At this point it's probably standard practice at most rides.

I would assume, I just know long one was posted in this thread or it's precursor and wanna see it again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I kinda think either those people did something to piss the elephant off or people in a similar looking car, maybe the people who rented it before them did something to piss the elephant off.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

If that elephant was angry that would have been a very different video. Or possibly a non existent video.

Not angry, annoyed, like maybe the elephant was blocking the road and they honked at it. I just figure, that's a paved road, elephants are smart enough that it likely knew cars would be on that road and smart enough to have some idea of what happens when they sit on a car.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Nov 2, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah right next thing you’re going to tell me professional wrestlers are actually highly trained athletes who know how to perform these stunts safely

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh no, they do it on unsafe levels of cocaine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Never have I been more disappointed there's no sound.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Siffl posted:

The rag, it did nothing~

That idiot just torched his whole hand. My driver's ed teacher warned the entire class about opening your radiator when the engine is hot/overheating, describing this exact event. Lord knows what the temp of that steam was.

Yeah, I assume correct procedure is just wait for it to cool down naturally, right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I get the feeling that guy's being yelling "here, dog! C'mon!" at increasing pitch and volume for about an hour

Yeah, he's in his underwear and I assume he didn't show up to the park with his dog dressed like that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

As a cat owner I both love and identify with this video, but it's not what I'd show someone who doesn't own a cat if I thought they should get one.

https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1721799697956766033?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vapor Moon posted:

I wish my country had elephants around to just randomly gently caress things up because elephant.

I'm glad we don't, just because I like elephants and I know this country would hunt them to extinction for blocking traffic let alone actual property damage.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bad Wolf posted:

Speaking of Youtubers and Schadenfreude, The Escapist just got turbo hosed because all their video guys, including Yatzee, just quit after they fired their editor-in-chief.

I mean, good on them, but I haven't watched anything from escapist in years. I watch a lot of videogame poo poo on youtube and they don't pop up in suggested videos.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Splicer posted:

I reject all of this knowledge.

Let me tell you about the benefits of a magnetic bracelet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The idea of climbing down a hole to rescue a cat shirtless is insane to me. Like, if it hadn't pulled that ninja move it would have clawed the poo poo out of him while he was trying to help it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's what I keep saying, and yet the police won't stop with their questions

My "Sometimes things explode for no reason" t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my t-shirt.

Fake Edit: Now I kinda want to get that t-shirt.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ocean does not give a gently caress about your day drinking and/or social influencer posting. Also, probably tidal charts could have told you this was a bad time to swim there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Assemble pizza on stone > put stone in oven > turn oven on

That seems to have offended the Pizza Posting Pals but it always comes out tasting pretty good to me :shrug:

Yeah, you're loving dumb as poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

One time our cat swallowed a length of thread that was still attached to a spool. My wife was out of town at the time which sucked because he's very bonded to her and she might have been able to help him more easily despite his agitation. I only noticed when there was a weird clinking sound coming from one of the cat's usual cozy corners. The spool was hanging out of his mouth since he had swallowed enough of the thread. I knew he was either going to choke on the spool eventually, or the thread could bind up his guts. So I had to don thick work gloves, corner him, and grab the spool from where it was dangling an inch out of his mouth. When I got a hand on the spool, it came with about two feet of nasty, slimy thread.

He also punched my hand three times in the second it took me to grab the spool. He didn't use his claws but he managed to bruise the back of my hand through the work gloves. Dang cat hits like a truck apparently. The cat is usually pretty chill and I had never seen him get mad or scared enough to smack the poo poo out of anything. It was a reminder of how much cats are lil' killing machines.

Yeah, I think the only difference between a domestic cat and a tiger is size.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Investing in NFTs is so loving dumb I don't feel that bad about them losing money on that, but there should be a reasonable expectation that you can go to a concert and not get blinded

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CainFortea posted:

It's all part and parcel though. It's a show put on by people who think they're hustlers. Being attended by people who wish they could be/think they are hustlers. It's like going to a con artist convention and then buying merch.

I would go to a loving tuperware party hosted by a cryptobro because i'd probably end up poisoned by the cookies.

Money is inherently an impermanent thing, you only have it so you can spend it. Vision is a pretty different thing. I don't want to dismiss blind people (though I doubt many will read this) but I'd rather be poor and have my eyes than rich and blind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

raggedphoto posted:

This would've been before that but yeah.. On a similar note my dad was telling me how the TV show "The Ranch" was being canceled because one of the actors was a victim of the me too movement which caused me to die inside. Had to educate him on what a "victim" really is.

Also the show wasn't cancelled over that, Masterson got fired and they had a full season without him.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

I don't know what open enrolment is, but I'm going to guess it's an obtuse and expensive process overseen by capricious invisible bureaucrats whereby "things don't get worse, at least" is the best and also least likely outcome
e: also if you get it wrong, your doctor visits now cost $3,000

Yeah. It's deciding what healthcare plan you want with no foreknowledge of what you healthcare needs will be beyond already having a spouse or a kid. As a single man with no dependents unlikely to need healthcare, the cheapest options are like $100 bucks a month and if you actually need a doctor for something you're hosed. If you have family you need to also to get healthcare for, it's a lot more money and if you chose the wrong one you are also completely hosed if they get seriously ill.

American Healthcare has to be the worst system of healthcare in what's generally described as a first world country. Every single country anyone would describe as a first world country you are more likely to live and not go bankrupt if you get cancer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

They were trying to eyeball phenazepam, a drug so potent a pinpoint's worth not pinhead's worth could gently caress you up, and they were trying to "eyeball the dose", by "putting the dose on their eyeball".

Dude was trying to put incredibly powerful benzos straight into his eyeballs? This is definitely the thread for that kinda story.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Assuming that's America, not only is that a felony to let your kid that close to a marine mammal, it's incredibly dumb to let a child get that close to a 500-2,000 pound animal of mostly muscle.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

An oncoming car decided to overtake on a blind bend and forced this driver off the road, where he overturned and then proceeded to be extremely British

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTKL-WERvWw

Note, the guy who comes running up and apologies at the end wasn't the guy who ran him off the road, he was the driver who was being overtaken. The guy who caused the accident panicked and sped away

E: I found a youtube video instead of a crappy portrait-mode gif

The Yaris didn't have airbags in 1999?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He's smart enough to cover up his face but he parks in the driveway and, since they're blurred out, I assume he didn't cover his license plate. Everyone with a ring cam is going to have a recording of that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I get drinking one out of shear dumb curiosity. But just save the rest to sell to dumbasses when it's obviously going to be discontinued do to massive liability for possibly poisoning the customers. If it's $75 per bottle now, wait a year and you can get $100-$200 when there's no other way to buy it.

Also, I've made beer, I don't know how you gently caress up that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Are you not familiar with Elons entire back catalogue?

But with all his other stuff you need a lot of highly trained people doing different things working together. Beer you just need a guy from a brewery, or really just a random person on your engineering staff with that as a hobby. I can't build a car, even if I had the money to do it. Like, how do bottle tops rust? Was he demanding weird bespoke bottle tops? I've had bottles sitting in a closet for a year or two and the tops weren't rusted.