Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

DoctorTristan posted:

Turning to full lock while stationary? RIP your tyres

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

If you just sit still and turn the steering wheel back and forth you're grinding one spot on your tires into the pavement. If you do it a lot it can wear the tires unevenly and shorten their lifespan.

Yeah, but when you get to a parking spot, the chances of you being at the same spot in the tires as last time is miniscule.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, it ain't on a news program, but the following from UK TV will probably bring joy to many:

https://youtu.be/jl1Zfz-Widc?si=PE0DDSDqnNmCgr2P

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Borscht posted:

How far you reckon it could kick a chicken?

Far enough that it would cook it in the same instant.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Eh, being unrepentant hypocrites in the face of religious commandments must surely be a traditional practice of EVERY community by now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

They had me going with the guy loving up catching the rolling vegetables with the knife - so the actual gently caress up being what it was was nicely unexpected.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Sam Bankman-Fried got convicted of all charges. I guess the haircut didn't work.

A haircut? I'm out of the loop here - I only know him being the head of some utterly moronic cryptocurrency bank that, surprise surprise, ripped off all of it's customers, aye?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh, I do hope we get a vid from Dan about this.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Enderzero posted:

The wild thing is this is a good rendering of her. Check out the photos of her getting out of a car from the last few weeks.

It would help if I knew who that person is, or if there was a link to this picture...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

E: rumours of his death have been greatly exaggerated, he's still alive and posting regularly on Facebook

So, for all intents and purposes he IS dead...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

gbut posted:

loving Kissinger. Had to take Shane MacGowan with him, didn’t he?

Oh my God...

MacGowen's last remaining tooth was the phylactery!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Turns out his toilet was too wide.

It's the logical conclusion to that skibidi toilet thing the youth are all about.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I loathe all birds.

Never trust a feathered biped.

...as opposed to a feathered quadraped...?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

https://twitter.com/antumbral/status/1738253337659871239?s=20

Content: China setting fire to a good chunk of the games industry by bringing down the hammer hard on games-as-a-service monetization.

Hell yeah, China.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

bobjr posted:

https://x.com/chrisgayomali/status/1570384974955560960?s=46&t=CBKJcBX0BD3U5HgUdsqBtw

There was the trend of making your legs longer so you’d be taller, at the cost of being unable to walk comfortably ever again

Wouldn't... That make your legs look disproportionately long in comparison to the rest of your body?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Is this not just plain... child abuse?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

At least we know what repels (king) snakes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah, tarmacadam is not smooth. Sliding along it bareskin is the equivalent of holding a belt sander to your skin, running at the speed the motorbike had been going and with your bodyweight behind it. You don't want that poo poo to happen for even a second.

:gonk:

I remember something similar happening to me as a kid on one of those concrete half-pipe-sled things (cannot recall for the life of me what the name was) when I got rammed into from behind and knocked off the sled at speed onto the concrete while wearing shorts. I wasn't very happy that summer.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Didn't that wacko chud Bill Mitchell go from Trump to deSantis? His brain (what remains of it) must be having a hard time of it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

You're absolutely right, I'd completely forgotten about that.

Yeah, it looks like medibot hasn't posted since 2015.
For some reason the thing that stands out the most to me from back then is the Coldstone Creamery thing, but that thing has long since disappeared off the internet.

Iirc a whole bunch of the bigger LPers left after the Shmorky debacle, namely how Lowtax 'dealt' with it, leading to... I think PsychedelicEyeball saying it was not cool having his daughter be part of it.

Ah, that's probably on the SA history thread.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, there was the one person who had that furry avatar with the huge tits (which I think came about from D&D - but all I knew was that finding out more would bring no joy, so I didn't try to find out why).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

haveblue posted:

My favorite part is how this is the second time a Delaware court has cost Musk tens of billions of dollars

In fact, this ruling plus the twitter ruling means Delaware has (indirectly) cost Musk $100 billion dollars.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What the hell caused that?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Antioch posted:

The foreshadowing of the dude in the wheelchair is perfect.

Chekhov's Wheelchair

I was just going to say that. It's something you'd expect out of a film.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Runa posted:

also I imagine the only reason that cop even resigned was due to sheer loving embarrassment

Him screaming that he was hit was the real pitiful cherry on the poo poo sundae of that case. Hit by what? A breeze? A droplet of his own piss falling onto his shoe?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I have to admit, Don being handed a $350 million+ fine and a three year ban is pretty schadenfreude.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well, re. the $50k fool, I know of someone worse. Someone I'm related to (THANKFULLY via in-law relations) has been subjected to a PoA after they were scammed out of £100k for a mail-order bride/s.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Splorange posted:

More bothered that the thing implies you can't get good coffee in west africa. Like say the Ivory coast. Which patently wrong. Unlike incest.

Well if it's so good there, why isn't it called Côte du Café, then?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Stepbrother what are you brewing???

Very droll.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Drone_Fragger posted:

If you get hit by a cricket ball (which are made of hardened wood, rubber and leather) after someone absolutely wallops it at 100mph, in the balls - and you are not wearing a cup, your balls are simply gone. Flash vapourized.

Now is a good a time as any to post this.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

CainFortea posted:

As a tiny child I once got swarmed by a flock of geese and my tiny little 110lb mother charged in like an avenging angel, grabbed a goose in each hand by the neck and used those geese as weapons against the other geese.

I'm fairly certain that I could defeat a goose if I so chose to do so. Even if i'm not a mother.

Dual-wielding goose flails sounds like something that should be viable in Dark Souls.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

If it's anything like previous buttcoin stuff, it means that the people who are trying to sell their butts are actually a secret evil cabal trying to manipulate the price by selling, and that means that if you buy their coins for the price they're asking you're actually defeating them in glorious battle

How is it that you have people devoted to capitalism without understanding the basic fundamentals?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

GotLag posted:

It doesn't even look like he's trying to pet it, he's... offering his hand? What's he expecting the coyote to do?

A baffling course of action

Even I, a person who has no pets or desire to have one, can recognize that its ears are back, and that is a sign of being NOT relaxed.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ashcans posted:

There’s optimism, and then there is whatever this is

https://i.imgur.com/3PYpdfw.mp4

Man, the live-action adaptation of Stardust Crusaders isn't looking that impressive.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Platystemon posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zus5VoQ.mp4

“Maggie, there’s nothing in the toaster.”

Good cat.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sywert of Thieves posted:

There's even a reply with another video of some idiot running towards the broken bridge. :allears:

Do they reach it?

...what do they do when they get there?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

We Hebben Een Serieus Probleem

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Sally posted:

all cats are based

...on the platonic ideal of a destructive idiot, yes.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I didn't know Cyriak designed cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

This year the Utah legislature passed an anti-trans bathroom bill. It says that people must use the bathroom that corresponds to their birth sex in government buildings. It also mandated that the Utah Auditor's office investigate reports of violations of this law. An online reporting tool was created for people to submit alleged violations. It's going about as well as you'd expect.

tldr is: "We're lovely people who passed a lovely law and people are griefing it by submitting 4000 false complaints over a couple of days which the government is now required to investigate."

Good!