Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Goodbye schad thread. Now that's it's gone from GBS I will rarely see it and therefore not contribute often.

It was a good 4 year run.

:smith:

I feel the same way about GBS now, never gonna see that forum again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

derp posted:

is schadenfreude really just 'enjoying bad things happening to people'? I thought it was more specific than that. maybe because I became familiar with the word from reading the bitcoin thread back in the day. whatever the word is for people who have bad things happen to them specifically due to their own arrogance, overconfidence, hubris, that's the flavor of schade that i love best

I think a good time to debate if something is schadenfreude in the schadenfreude thread is "always".

Never seen it go wrong.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Tiggum posted:

OK so what did they expect to happen? Because the thing collapsing seems to comes as something of a surprise to them.

It was supposed to just drop 12 feet straight down and stay upright like a cartoon

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

deoju posted:

I've heard that darker skinned white people in the US used to claim Indian heritage because it was seen as less shameful than African American or Latino. Like a few generations later your 1/4 black grandma might tell you that your great grandma was a Cherokee princess or some poo poo.

Okay but why did my hella white hella dead grandmother pretend to be Native American? Nowadays I just let people lie about it but from grade school on through high school I would straight up call kids liars about being Native American. It's such a popular lie it's mind boggling

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I don't give a gently caress if it's staged if a pizza place served pizza like that I'd go there once a month.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

They're full

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

bad_fmr posted:

None of these prom stories involve any good nut shots :confused:

I had an ex that I think was trying to make me jealous...? And during prom the year we broke up she made it a point to do some pretty dirty dancing and making out on the dance floor next to my date and I. My date and I had a lovely time and ended up dating for a year or so. My ex apparently went to the bathroom with her date and had sex, got knocked up, missed most of her senior year, got abandoned by her baby daddy right after high school and decorated cakes at the local grocery store for the next 20 years. So I guess that was a pretty funny nut shot inside her.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I once believed people threw scooters into rivers to be jerks then I saw a woman in an electric wheelchair unable to use a crosswalk because a scooter was in the way. Since then I've thrown a total of 3 scooters in rivers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"Squirrel gram! Squirrel gram for Mongo!"

https://i.imgur.com/8LfUMQ7.mp4

LOL dude never saw the squirrel he must have been confused as gently caress

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

A good chunk of the population are completely illiterate. These same people also have no spatial awareness.

Just bumbling around in a haze for 75 or so years.

These people somehow have jobs, drive cars, and even wear hats.

Imagine how stupid the average person is. Half the world is stupider than that.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah, tarmacadam is not smooth. Sliding along it bareskin is the equivalent of holding a belt sander to your skin, running at the speed the motorbike had been going and with your bodyweight behind it. You don't want that poo poo to happen for even a second.

:gonk:

Huh, learned what tarmac means today.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Imagine if someone gave me a red text avatar lol like that's crazy what would it even say lol but like just imagine

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Kids will not listen to a teacher for any number of reasons, I don’t see why this would make them any harder to handle than the teacher having a lisp or an unusual visible birthmark or any number of things.

E: I’m the parent of a two teenagers and I don’t think any of their social circle would give a poo poo about it, tbh

It certainly depends on admin, school, district policies and how well they're enforced, but yea kids are ruthless and cruel, I didn't read to see what ages she's teaching but one time I had a female teacher drop off some copies to me, a male teacher, and they would not shut up about how we were obviously hooking up.

Oh one time they found my Pinterest and that was another half a class lost. I didn't even have anything on it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I can beat most animals in a fight as long as they are asleep when the fight starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Schadenfreude on the dude playing the weakest D since Donald Trump and also the idiot calling travel

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4MGZefxAJ3/?igsh=ZjR6NDAwNzE1MTg1