Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

davidspackage posted:

This would make a good first person dream logic horror game, where you have to pee but can't find the toilet despite following the signs.
It's very "the backrooms but irl"

Backrooms Bathroom~

Just needs that Hollywood "Mexico" color grading to be spot on. Remove the audio and put that spooky music from the alien invasion movie I can never remember the name of and it's golden.

/e: Annihilation (2018) "The Alien"

stringless has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Oct 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Back when I had a car, I got an OBD-II bluetooth plug so I could hook into the diagnostics stuff with my phone, it was neat. Wasn't ever particularly useful for anything but checking what the check engine light meant.

Aramoro posted:

Right so one of the best business plans I've ever heard was someone in orlur city would wanted to setup a pizza van business. Fine, nothing exceptional there, pizza oven in a van job done. Now the USP was they would drive to your house and make the pizza on your doorstep. Which sounds great until you think for half a second how this works as a business. Either your pizzas are like £40 each or you go bankrupt.

The solution? Maybe they could make the pizzas on the way to the house? I wish more than anything else in this world that they did not get talked out of doing this and they had livestreamed a guy trying to make an artisan pizza in the back of a moving van.

No one who suggested this idea had any food business experience you'll be shocked to hear.
This is just the opening to Snow Crash

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Numa numa guy recently did a rerecording of his original thing and seems to have just taken it to be the fun internet thing that it was.
Aw, that's sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKm1MBsTbk

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The plants are called "spurge" because they're used for purging.

Though I can't attest to anyone actually trying the pure extract directly.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That my problem with super hot stuff - so often they taste like poo poo.

They're designed for macho idiots to show off to other macho idiots. Man, I just want some tasty hot poo poo.
My variety 5-pack from Humble House should arrive today. I got their Puya & Pasilla hot sauce randomly a while back and it is fantastic while also being relatively mild.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Happy Landfill posted:

Author tried to blame it on a friend of hers in the Reylo fandom(complete with fake Discord messages where she confronts her friend) but nobody took the bait and pointed out how fake the whole thing looked.
Also, and I'm going from memory of when this was brought up in a different thread, said author was known for a reylo esports fanfiction based on discord chats or ... something. point being she was already known for faking discord chats for fiction. also esports somehow, i haven't looked into it past that summary.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Because I like watching streamers who're chill, and not having a contentious or toxic relationship with the chatters is usually a pretty good indicator.
I'll recommend HokiHoshi (racing games, primarily Forza), EliminateHQ (EDM producer, memey, held the Crank Dat speedrun world record for a bit), and LetsGameItOut (of youtube fame)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao dont remember that scene but immediately assumed it was a leslie nielsen movie
Noir bit, "she had legs that wouldn't quit" iirc?

/e: nope it just goes without comment lmao

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:40 on Dec 28, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

There's a clear break in the median. For a crosswalk lmao

The bigger question is: why was it being filmed?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Splicer posted:

Even ignoring how common dashcams are or someone in a car deciding to film a cool bike, a lot of motorcyclists have helmet cams.
Yeah, but it's being filmed from the opposite sidewalk!

Looks like there's a car dealership on the far side of the street though, this may not be that rare of an occurence.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The General posted:

All Cats Are Bastards.
All Cats Abuse Bongs

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Perfect for either of the two thread stalwarts but especially the one.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Between ad-blocking and an ad/malware blocking DNS, I haven't had any issues with ads at all except I think with Pluto TV where it would occasionally think it was playing an ad so if it hosed up where I was it was a hassle to get back.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

wash bucket posted:

Believe it or not it really is a reaction that some people get. I know because I used to get it all the time when I was a little kid. Episodes of Painting with Bob Ross would trigger it for me and I would get this weird sensation of pulsating "relaxation" that would start on the crown of my scalp and pass over my entire head. I would just be completely zoned out and zombified. My parents thought it was weird at first but then figured out they could use it to make me calm the gently caress down when I was being annoying.
The term for this is "frisson".

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

I almost just said Billy, cause that's what he gets called in the movie. But I second guessed if his name was Judge Reinhold because God drat that's a stupid name
The Honorable Judge Reinhold? Preposterous.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I dunno, it almost seems worse to do it without even thinking about it than it does to have done it deliberately. At least there might have been a reason if they were tossing it at someone with purpose.

Plenty of stupid regardless, of course.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

holtemon posted:

Just to be that guy, when a fire alarm goes off in most commercial buildings the magnets holding the door open release so they can close and try to contain it a little more
I mean, as long as they don't then immediately lock, I guess...

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Absolutely not, imagine rage-rear-ending and you killed Jesus!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

As a pool player, I recently looked at a place and thought "this loft area would be perfect for a pool table if it was possible to get one up here." Then I looked down at the tile flooring on the floor below and went "lol nevermind"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Really, I'm just hoping someone in this 100,000 pool of generally smart people might have dealt with an issue like this before, and can throw me an answer.
That's the Hard Mode launch site.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I like how it lets go and immediately gets the other leg.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

clove-hitched with twine

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kinda hosed up to theme a gate on the penultimate joust in A Knight's Tale.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

EasilyConfused posted:

That totally got me
I was going :ohdear: the whole time because the ice was clearly way too clear to support a vehicle of the size one assumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Azhais posted:

Tell that to the guy getting carjacked
Who?