Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I don't have a ghost of a chance of learning this complicated-rear end game but I'm already having a great time just following along here in the thread. (And you haven't even really started playing yet!)

Aero737 posted:

Approaching the west coast of Chile. Fog fills the fjords due to the marine layer.

You can tell this C-17 mission is backstory, because the moon wasn't that phase on Feb. 11 2010. Assuming it happened in the past month, it'd have to be somewhere around January 25th, about two and a half weeks prior. :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Yooper posted:

I have modelled two of the three Chinese surface groups using best intel.

Speaking of which, what's the origin of our information on enemy movements? Are we entirely dependent upon recon missions by our own forces (radar/visual/sonar/etc.) for this, or are our allies to the north providing us with spy satellite intel?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Mederlock posted:

:siren: :catdrugs: CALLING ALL THREAD LURKERS, LINE PILOTS, OBSERVERS, AND THE REST WHO DON'T FLY WITH US :catdrugs: :siren:

What are your thoughts on the Army's tactics and strategy thus far?

Honestly, I could really use a good recap/catch-up of The Story So Far. I was following along closely at the beginning but as time goes on I've been checking in more and more sporadically, and at this point I couldn't say I'm really aware of the overall state of the war.

So that'd be my request here: please briefly recap the overall war and summarize how things stand now. (Or if there already is such a post, please link it and leave me to my un-observant shame.)