Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

shrike meet shrike-wife

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I've changed my mind, sf is good

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Xaris posted:

shrike meet shrike-wife

women want to date hot guys? wtf?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Xaris posted:

shrike meet shrike-wife

favorite district- fidi

BULBASAUR has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Oct 3, 2023

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
CS started attracting gunner shitheads who would have just gotten finance degrees prior to 2009 instead of just the most powerful autists.

one thing i did notice immediately here were the groups of ~4-10 dudes all clearly making good money going out together on the weekends and getting zero pussy. its endless tiki bars full of guys fresh out of some Ivy, MIT, Purdue, Case Western or whatever that have never had a conversation with a woman they werent working with or related to. trying to find a guy who can 1) hold a conversation and 2) afford to live in this city has got to be impossible

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
always fun seeing first dates where the guy is rambling on about his company and she just has the thousand yard dead eye stare

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

BULBASAUR posted:

always fun seeing first dates where the guy is rambling on about his company and she just has the thousand yard dead eye stare
no end of insanely elite/elitist women, either. tons of i went to school around boston types. i cant imagine how much more chill this place was before tech money started attracting all the psychos

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Let's come up with a new slogan for San Francisco. Here's my attempt.

San Francisco: why are you here?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LuxuryLarva posted:

Let's come up with a new slogan for San Francisco. Here's my attempt.

San Francisco: why are you here?
San Francisco: its literally Death Wish 3. tell everyone at the Aspen Ideas Festival and the Stanford CS Department!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I'm here because my friend said Pride is a great place to pick up chicks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

good luck picking those chicks up lol. you some kind of bodybuilder? =D

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Smythe posted:

I went to trans pride like two years ago in san francisco and there were a bunch of naked old men who were clearly not trans they were just there to be naked for some reason.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LuxuryLarva posted:

I went to trans pride like two years ago in san francisco and there were a bunch of naked old men who were clearly not trans they were just there to be naked for some reason.

im glad for them.

san francisco is cool

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Smythe posted:

I was posting in jest, but back in tje day my friend really did try to convince me to go to pride to pick up chicks (hes gay)

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

LuxuryLarva posted:

this is a thing old men simply love doing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this is a thing old men simply love doing

hell, same

the best thing about being old now is its legal to run around naked

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TenementFunster posted:

no end of insanely elite/elitist women, either. tons of i went to school around boston types. i cant imagine how much more chill this place was before tech money started attracting all the psychos

if youre going to san francisco... make sure to put your diploma on the wall

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TenementFunster posted:

i cant imagine how much more chill this place was before tech money started attracting all the psychos
much better and much more down-to-earth communal, straight up boho 'starving artists' even when you could get a decent loft in pier 70 for like <$800/month. there was much more minorities like mission was a lot bigger and had more multi-generational latino households and stuff. the kinda where actually lots of people would know each other instead of being a city of strangers.

still, it's not like it was roses either, definitely wasn't homogenous and 'poor areas' used to be worse and more poorly served. there's some good things, like biking in sf is much better now than it was years ago.

if you listen to TrueAnon, yung chomsky's series on Tiny Telephones was also pretty good at hearing the slice of life from not that long ago

Xaris has issued a correction as of 02:30 on Oct 4, 2023

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

titty_baby_ posted:

same except folsom street fair

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I've only been to the airport so in my expert opinion it's the worst city on earth. nothing is open, everyone is pissed off, and customs is basically the refugee camp scene in children of men

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Detroit though, fantastic place

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

LuxuryLarva posted:

San Francisco is good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bro Dad posted:

I've only been to the airport so in my expert opinion it's the worst city on earth. nothing is open, everyone is pissed off, and customs is basically the refugee camp scene in children of men

what i love about sfo is having to go through security again to connect to another domestic flight because they wanted to make a Starfleet Academy rear end airport

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

San Francisco and late stage capitalism loving rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6mmBdCgac

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
That's a hostel, like for ski bums

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LuxuryLarva posted:

I went to [...] san francisco and there were a bunch of naked old men who [...] were just there to be naked for some reason.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Gresh posted:

San Francisco and late stage capitalism loving rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb6mmBdCgac
lol holy poo poo how does the young turks have that many subs. i am so out of touch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFdEU-qolEA

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I learned from the movie Airborne (1993) that Californians are fine.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It's all good from diego to the bay your city is the bomb if your city makin' pay

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

San Francisco is good

I was also naked.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
our peaceful bay is marred by symbols of military-industrial overspending this week

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

LuxuryLarva posted:

I was also naked.

Good. Naked folks should be just hanging out and being naked and making me unsure of where I should be looking so that they don't think I'm staring at their dick or trying not to stare at their dick

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Does no one remember when the city banned nudists a decade ago? Of course they're gonna represent: permitted events are the one place they are not persecuted.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Does no one remember when the city banned nudists a decade ago? Of course they're gonna represent: permitted events are the one place they are not persecuted.

For some reason I just assume that got overturned because it's not like the naked guys at Castro and Market ever stopped being naked at Castro and Market

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
at some point you go to an event and stop mid sentence to exclaim- where are the naked old guys?

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

BULBASAUR posted:

at some point you go to an event and stop mid sentence to exclaim- where are the naked old guys?

Goon meet.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
San Francisco loving sucks, and so does San Diego now thanks to all these SF Patagonia-wearing dipshits buying multimillion-dollar "weekend homes" down here during COVID. The entire Bay Area can't get razed by a 9.0 earthquake soon enough.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

San Francisco loving sucks, and so does San Diego now thanks to all these SF Patagonia-wearing dipshits buying multimillion-dollar "weekend homes" down here during COVID. The entire Bay Area can't get razed by a 9.0 earthquake soon enough.

Good new for San Francisco, it is on a strike-slip fault, so it will never fall into the ocean like conservatives hope, it will instead end up sitting next to Portland some day (another city which is good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

It would be very funny if that tilting luxury tower tilted even more and chunks started falling off of it.