Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

love the new tiny tim album and i haven't cut my hair in two years. hey it's me posting in the 1970 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

no! noo!!

i wish i could go full remote and move to ft davis or some poo poo. there are more people in austin that moved here than when i was born and so basically everyone's a transplant to me. every person in my friend group was born out of state but consider themselves natives beacuse they've been here since 2006. everything changes every six months lol it's so awful

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

a flock of 22-30 year old product managers, software developers and ux designers from loving Ohio or whatever are going to come for you

for me it's indiana. like half my friends

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

who cares if a place is nice to visit

don't come to austin. if u come to austin i'll huck things at your airbnb

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

i wanna see the weird, where are you keeping it, spill it fuckre

a secret hideout we call The Oasis

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

its not even the best San

san antonio is better than san francisco. sf doesn't even have a riverwalk

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weed Wolf posted:

central market (and hell, HEB) beats out gus' any day. Texas Supremacy

those lil bbq places they're putting inside are incredible for the price

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

i had to turn the heater on the morning of July 4th. I think the high this summer was 83? Maybe? gently caress Texas Forever.

the pacific ocean can suck my loving dick. it's unnatural to make things cold like that

texas isn't bad if you keep your ac at a crisp, cool 79

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

nah 60F is very natural. 113F is not. texas is awful. the weather is dogshit. mediterranean climate rules. i should never be 113F outside in a city where people live.
mediterranean? brother you're oceanic until a few miles inland. people shouldn't have to dress in layers to walk a hundred yards

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s entirely fine as long as you don’t actually go in the water but I’ve been to Texas and I’ll be damned if I’d go in the water there either
never go in texas water, even the lakes

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Any place in the world: "Yeah it's cool."

Texans: *Frothing in rage*
you've just made an enemy for life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I'm from Los Angeles. Get in line with all the other Haters. Texas ain't special. You're just the second loving biggest state in the union.

when i was a teen i went to alaska to build houses and a local teen greeted me by saying "what happens if you cut alaska in half? texas is the third-largest state" and i got owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

And then give Texas back to Mexico Spain

move the capital of coahuila y tejas back to saltillo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

nobody in texas has ever walked a hundred yards
not true, sometimes when it's 110 outside you gotta find a tree in the giant parking lot to park the f150 under and hoof it inside

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

a reasonable premium to not have to live in Dallas/Houston/Austin

honestly, denver is almost as expensive as SF, with a lot less to offer. our old place was a 775ish sqft studio and i just found out rent is going up (again) to $1740 in november. we’re paying 10% more per square foot in SF. there just aren’t enough people who have that kind of money and want to live in denver. we couldn’t even find a sublet at the current price. i’m praying for a reckoning.

it was $1100 a month in 2014 so lol

i think things are kinda collapsing in austin? like look at this poo poo, if i didn't have six more months on my lease i'd jump on this in a heartbeat

https://www.padmapper.com/apartment...3434%2C30.29793

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

couldn’t happen to a nicer place. i was there last in late 2021 and it was even cornier than when i saw it in 2009 before tech bullshit really hit it

corny is a great word for austin now yeah

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

biceps crimes posted:

wtf. thought you were doing a bit but i went and looked and they tore it down

they paved paradise,

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

yeah it's an active construction sight as of last update (10 minutes ago when I picked up my gf from school)

what grade

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

congrats to senator breed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RedScarlet_Red/status/1707807726527496281

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i will never give someone money to go sovcit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a friend drives up from coahuila to humboldt every fall to go process weed so he thinks all californians are white methhead slave-driving entrepreneurs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think he goes to a semi-legal grow, extra acreage not listed in the official books

there's definitely a glut. in texas prices are down like 75% in the last decade

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That’s wild. I know Oregon the entire industry is teetering on collapse from over production but I thought that was mostly just because there’s no legal export market. Didn’t realize it was having an so much effect in states still criminalized. Pretty funny that 20 years ago the conventional wisdom was that legalization would be the panacea for California’s budget crisis

yeah it's pretty crazy. I'm part of a telegram group that sends some college kid to my doorstep with 1g vapes for $20 apiece

keep in mind that NM and OK are legal states so we're getting absolutely flooded

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

Its mostlt overproduction and inability to export. The top weed growing county in CA is.licensed to grow more weed then the entire states demand, and theres like 3 or 4 counties with just as many licenses. There was originally supposed to.be a cap on licenses but the state didn't do that and now there's enormous megafarms in old strawberry growing infrastructure with like 30 licenses per owner. And weed can store for a while too. Distros are still selling weed thats been in storage since 2020

lol jesus. it's incredibly easy to send a box of 144 vapes cross-country in the mail, but I don't understand how they can just fall off the back of the truck like that. flower seems easier to fudge in the accounting

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does the cyan part mean it bruises blue

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

once every couple years I like to check in on the crack thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

shrike meet shrike-wife

lol

Adbot