Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was some good fukken anime right there.

I thought the music reminded me of Violet Evergarden and sure enough, same guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Honestly "demons are just people with horns or even just elves" is such a common "twist" in Japanese fantasy I thought this was a pretty interesting take. They're not even evil really, just predators.

It also helped that it's a bit reminiscent of Peter Watts' vampires.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 20, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh that's why her nickname is guillotine. Seemed odd it was that instead of Scales or something

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The comically tiny sickle absolutely killed me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Fun fact: the ring chapter won a recent poll for fan-favorite chapter.

That MV taught me this show has a lot more shots of characters' feet as they walk than I remember.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That cut was so smooth and perfectly on model I was wondering if it was 3D, guess not!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah I prefer the new OP, though neither actually matches the story the way the ED does.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
In this episode, Frieren meets an ongoing yuri anime

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Kind of cute how the two killers immediately locked onto each other

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Nebrilos posted:

If demons have existed in this world for hundreds of years and humans have been at war with them for at least a hundred years, wouldn't you think that most people would already know what demons are like by now? For us readers, who are outsiders to this fictional world, we need it to be demonstrated what demons are like (ie, utterly amoral killers who use the fact that humans have empathy against them, but don't feel empathy themselves). But for characters who have been living in this world that has demons in it and were probably told all kinds of folktales as children about how demons trick people by acting like people, but they can literally never be trusted, shouldn't they know by now what demons are like? How are demons still tricking people, like those diplomat demons and that child demon?
What, you're going to murder a helpless child because folktales say you should? That's hosed up bro.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Everyone is so cool

Except that guy who wants to murder Frieren's new friends

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"As one who seeks battle, you cannot kill the Demon King" is a very interesting line I'd forgotten.

I love how you know what's going to happen the moment the examiner mentions someone's been analyzing the barrier.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Stark and the wizened old master is such a great gag

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If only Denken knew all he needs is a mimic.

Sense's reaction face to Frieren and mimics was fantastic.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The whole party was overleveled by the time they reached the Demon King and it was honestly a pretty disappointing fight so they don't talk about it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That brief shot of Frieren and her clone moving their shields to follow each others' aim was rad as hell

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Still surprised they didn’t beat the replica with a mimic
Far too risky. 50/50 chance of friendly fire

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

She just wants to see the world and meat people

Adbot