Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I'll say it. I don't like Ferns dress. It needs a belt or something because she looks like she's just walking around in her pajamas. Like she's showing up at the Burger King still in her nightgown at 2 in the afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Frieren has lasers, Hummel had anime sword sanic speed, Eisen is the hulk but short. What the hell did Heiter contribute? Maybe I forgot but have we even seen him like , Turn Undead or anything? He’s just throwing away the parties funds on booze.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Mimic teeth can’t be terribly sharp with how little injury Frieren seems to sustain from constantly being chewed on.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mirage posted:

At first I thought she was punching him in the nads.

To me it looks like she’s zapping his balls like her pointer finger is a taser.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Hero party really needed some walking sticks and backpacks or a pack mule or something because visually they look less like they’re on a continent wide journey and more like they’re on a leisurely stroll down to the pub. Frieren’s new crew have staffs and suitcases and stuff strapped to their backs so they look a lot better suited for this.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
FYI The oldest still inhabited city is Byblos in Lebanon which has been a proper city since 5000 years ago. The oldest city period that we know of is the ruins of Çatalhöyük in Turkey which was around 9000 years ago.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Maybe she killed the proctor in a way that everyone knows she did it but there’s no evidence so no one can prove it. Or maybe there was some kind of scandal/coverup involving the proctor and the murder was swept under the rug to avoid something unflattering being made public.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I personally didn’t like how “human” Aura was. It was at odds with the whole “Chinese Room” vibe her henchmen or that flashback little girl demon or the trio that Flamme murked had which sold Frieren’s description of how demons work. Instead she just kinda seems like a smug rear end in a top hat. A jerk yes, but more in a “spoiled evil princess” way than a “T-800/1000 in infiltration mode” way.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Kwyndig posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about in order for Fern to progress, Ubel has to survive. I'm sure that'll come back to bite somebody in the rear end, even if it's not our two mages.

This is only stage 1 of the exam right? I’m sure the later stages won’t be team based (tournament arc here we come!) After all we’ll have to find some way to shed all these test takers who don’t appear in the OP or otherwise have “generic background character” designs.”

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Mordja posted:

Why waste time on learning new combat spells when you could be learning one that helps you find lost sewing needles instead? (She doesn't sew.)

Calling it now, next test is finding a sewing needle in a giant haystack (the haystack is a mimic).

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

VideoWitch posted:

I love Fern just straight up lying to Wirbel. Fern and Frieren's unbeatable tactic of "just loving lie to your opponent"

One weird trick, Shonen Battle Manga Villains hate her!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Now we know why there are so few elves. They’re apex hyper-carnivores like tigers that the ecosystem can only support a small amount of. Fern and Stark are lucky that Frieren hasn’t realized people are made of meat too.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

nice, the second test is getting the animation budget it deserves

Feel bad for those two other teams whose designs scream “I am a redshirt and am only here to get killed by that sick nasty looking gargoyle.”

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
We identify with Himmel because he too failed to get a girlfriend.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Lol that it turns out Ubels superpower is that she’s too dumb to know something isn’t possible.

Also fun connection, both proctors for the test so far purposefully made “luck” part of their test. Frieren told Serie they only beat the Demon King because they got lucky.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I for one am shocked, shocked that somehow Sir Generic McMustacheman passed the test over actual characters with names. Dude’s from the background of a crowd shot and is out here walking among the titans.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Also if I were a mage and had to make Burg take a step back I would use all my stinky spells instead of attack spells

I immediately thought “Richter would ace this he’d just flip over the earth he’s standing on” and realized that was probably the entire point of the test. Robe guy was probably all self satisfied thinking about how he’d created such a clever puzzle only those with truly first class intellects will solve right before he was cut in half.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The Mage Association is basically a compromise. Serie said “Fine I’ll do what you want and run a system that teaches everyone magic, But I’m going to make everyone compete for numbered ranks so everyone knows who’s a virgin and who’s a chad.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Something someone in this thread set off my tinfoil hat tendencies and made me think something about Ubel. Someone said something to the effect that Ubel doesn’t think like a human. And I’m thinking maybe that’s exactly what it is. Especially with how the flashback hid the upper half of her sisters head. And the whole scene where she meets Kraft and he figures out her weird plot to go on a murder spree but only in self defense. Or the contradiction of her having difficulty empathizing but having empathy powers. It’s almost as if she’s some kind of human-demon hybrid created as part of some plot who ran away. So she has the demon kill drive but the human ability to choose not to indulge in it or at least try and find ways to not feel guilt over it like the aforementioned “Kill bandits in self defense” scene. Maybe there will be a reveal where we see her sister had horns. That or I’m reading way too much into the girl being edgy.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It’s funny that the OP has this shot that shows the first class mages as these ominous silhouettes like they’re going to be the numerically ranked mini boss squad (one’s the giant stupid one, one’s the creepy serial killer, one’s the “beautiful” dude, etc). Instead they seem like a rather well adjusted group of folks some of whom are pretty nice. Only the guy proctoring the first test was really an rear end in a top hat. And no one actually had a boss battle. It’s like the author isn’t even trying to make a tournament arc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So Ubel 100% asked for a spell that lets her always know where the real Land is didn’t she?