Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
According to the show's Twitter, the ED will be performed live at the end of tonight's broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
YOASOBI have said that the video for the song will drop after the broadcast, so at least we have that.

https://twitter.com/YOASOBI_staff/status/1707535225046303012

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
That was...

Sublime. :)

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I had an infestation of onion ninjas. Or ninja onions.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The "X years have elapsed" is indeed part of the series, part of how it punctuates times passage.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm aware that the overall course of the story will eventually give more nuanced discussions of the demons as a race.

But this particular quartet?

I'll be as upset with Frieren & crew giving them a dirt nap as I am with whoever dropped the barbell on Jeffrey Dahmer.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Milk Bone brand demon snacks?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

chiasaur11 posted:

Frieren's anime is getting amazing ratings.

Thought this was good from when the manga started, but I never expected it would go this far.
I did. After reading the manga & seeing who was working on bringing it to life, I knew that if they did a good job it would get great ratings. And they've done a fantastic job so they deserve the popularity.

Things may drop back for a week or so because of "The Apothecary Diaries" and "Pluto" (maybe not this since it's been dropped all at once and may not be counted the same way), but it's almost certainly going to stay in the top five the rest of the year.

Meanwhile, the demons have just realized they're climbing Bandini Mountain and have to go back down without skis.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

GloomMouse posted:

It certainly is nice to have a minor character like Graf not be a blithering idiot

Yes, very much so. I am so glad they avoid the ridiculous trope of the hero being accused for doing things anyone with two working braincells would realize they were not responsible for. For comedy, it's slightly understandable, though even then it's become a very hackneyed cliche. But when your dramatic story requires that all characters besides the hero have the rational ability of a pile of dryer lint, it gets really loving boring really loving fast.

Having read the manga, I'm glad the true meaning of the title is finally sinking in to the anime audience. When it comes to demons, Frieren is a stone cold killer. Seeing everyone's reactions to next week is going to be fascinating.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Shipping Frieren & Doomguy?

Nah. :grin:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Another excellent episode, and dear god are they going HAM on the fight sequences.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

GateOfD posted:

When Aura mentioned Himmel’s name, Frieren didn’t react much, but you can tell she’s pissed.
Oh, when I got to that part in the manga, I thought "That's it, bitch, you gon die nasty, now."

But then the anime came along and when the moment happened I was all "Is it me or did the room just get 20 degrees colder? A century from now, all they're going to find is a little sign somewhere on the battlefield that reads 'This is where a really stupid person pissed off the wrong elf.' Not even a name, because they'll know which elf, and won't care which idiot it was."

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

She really doesn't like demons.
For damned good reason.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Aura's Titanic ran into Frieren's iceberg. Now you see why her name is even more appropriate.

Didn't even look back. If it had been an explosion, she would have been that badass in an action movie who lights a cig as they walk away. Colder than ice.
\/\/\/\/\/

Doodles fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 10, 2023

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
That plus hiding her total power so he'd think she would expend it too fast.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Fernburgers, coming to a neighborhood near you.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Ranzear posted:

Unrelated:

:discourse:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Lt. Lizard posted:

I really liked the little detail of Fern helping to repair the fortification that got destroyed in her battle with Lugner. She is a good girl. :3:

Who can demolish a demon OR a Five Guys in nothing flat.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Took me a few minutes to stop laughing when they gave Frieren an Anya face. This series...

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If someone cooked me a giant good boy burger for my birthday I would be soooo happy

Fern's gonna start demanding those for her birthday from now on.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Das Boo posted:

I had to draw this dumb joke out of my head.

This is why I still come here. :lovebird:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

M_Gargantua posted:

for peats sake
i c wat u did ther :magemage:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The Fern plush needs a hamburger.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
In short: :lovebird:

PS
TOHO released a new MV of the ending song, and you'll understand why they waited to do it until this episode aired. IOW: Spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv5R6C3hz54

Doodles fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 8, 2023

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Eisen has an itty-bitty baby nose.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The midpoint of today's episode was hilarious. "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? Yes you are! Yes you are! You get a biscuit!":cheersdoge:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The series soundtrack is being released for download on the 22nd (Fri), but I don't see a listing for the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8W3vXlFbys

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Whatever you do, if you haven't already read the manga past today's episode do not watch the new trailer that dropped today! It's spoilery as all hell for you.

As for the rest of us... We're gonna be eatin' GOOD this Winter. :discourse:

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Within the first 10 seconds you find out Sein leaves the party (yes, I know it's reasonably obvious at the end of today's episode), so yeah, I'd say that's something to wait to see.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Mordja posted:

A very brief intro to Best Character this episode.

With the second-best beard, first being Old Himmel.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Yeah, but do any of them know how to turn grapes sour? I think not.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm just expecting the Stile to go "MEEP MEEP!" before it takes off.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Is it just me, or did Siere sound a bit like a mob boss? "...this is how you say hello?"

If she gives Frieren "an offer she can't refuse," would we be expecting a beheaded hamburger in Fern's bed later?

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Lt. Lizard posted:

Denken's answer to running out of mana is "Yes.....and?" :allears:

Denken got hands.

Meanwhile, "She's just using basic combat magic." Yeah, and the U.S.S. Missouri just used guns...

Flamme knew that the Demon King would just keep growing in power to counter what anyone like Seres came up with, fancy magic or no. That's the reason for her telling Frieren to stay in secrecy. To let her keep pushing upwards in power to become the greatest weapon possible.

Hell, she wasn't the Missouri. She was the Manhattan Project.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

chiasaur11 posted:

Oh, she was Himeno in Chainsaw Man and Inamoto in Dynazenon. Explains why I recognized the name.

She's also Satoru Gojou from JJK, Reg from "Made In Abyss," and Stocking. A very comprehensive resume.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

GateOfD posted:

Kraft could probably break the barrier by just punching it, because he probably is that alpha
And then he'd ask if anyone has a creampuff.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Kibibit posted:

It's fine, she knows "Making stone furniture feel like a plush pillow" magic

If Fern gets to be a 1st Class, this is what she should ask for. Or a spell to make condiments for her hamburgers.

What spell would any of you want? I'd like a spell that keeps carpets clean and fresh without vacuuming or shampooing.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Sindai posted:

Sense's reaction face to Frieren and mimics was fantastic.
Up to that point, we hadn't seen her react to anything. Even when Frieren blew the barrier, she looked as nonchalant as always. But her disbelief at seeing this legendary mage turn out to be the fantasy equivalent of a gatchapon addict was priceless. Seriously, Frieren Frog Tanks would make a fortune.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Jerkface posted:

acting with absolute certainty when there's a 1 percent chance
Pretty good odds, if you play Genshin Impact.

In the distant future, Frieren will invent gatcha games and become the richest woman in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If Denken and co can actually beat this copy Frieren that mirrors her powers and abilities, does that mean we start calling her Fraudren?

I saw a comment elsewhere calling the clone Cop-ieren, then someone else mentioned that "kopieren" is German for "to copy," so Kopieren it is.