Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Swilo posted:

The ending song not only fits the show better, the animation choices are very stylistic and memorable; it looks and feels like the kind of fairytale the main story reflects. The opening song and animation are both very generic and boring, they already feel dated and out of place which is a shame.

Going for reggaeton beats in the op made it obsolete, nobody listen to that kind of music nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Azran posted:

What kind of reggaeton do you listen to? I hear reggaeton on a daily basis due to where I live and I never thought 'for sure, this reminds me of reggaeton'. Also it's very hard for me to hate on a YOASOBI OP so I might be biased.

Random summer pop poo poo that ran on the radio here in Italy a few years back, in 2019 it was pretty much constant (hell even parody rock grups like Nanowar did raggaeton as a joke), nowadays it's super rare.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Rody One Half posted:

He's a guy from Demon Slayer who screams a lot.

Also tends to act incel like, jumping on unwilling girls. I feel the sex offender part is worse than the constant crying.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Frieren does look like someone that would yank a lanyard along with the owner to open a door.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
The demons thinking like doomguy (for mana instead of guts) is a cool idea and frieren crushing aura as squashing an ant while walking is pretty awesome to close the episode/arc.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Omnicrom posted:

"but what I do have is a particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you drop dead right now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you." - Frieren, probably.

Frieren is Neeson age equivalent after all, it fits.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tabletops posted:

the tiny tub and sickle killed me im a loving ghost

I didn't understand the joke but i guess there is some reference i'm missing out, what was the point of the tiny items?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Cool episode with nice vibes all around, be it Sein getting praised by milfs, nutcracker Stark, princess Fern or Frieren hogging the sweets buffet.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

JUST DATE ALREADY

I felt that, Sein.

I despise tournament arcs but anything that provides any hope of the focus moving away from those two bickering is preferable to me.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Mirage posted:

Stark has the anime musculature type where he normally looks unimposing, but if he ever took off his shirt he'd be so unbelievably ripped that you wonder how he ever fit in those clothes.

He's like Michio from Dumbbells.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Denken breaking bones instead of using magic was the best part of the episode.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Fantasy stories need more

:science: You have ran out of magic/mana/whatever great mage, now you are doomed!

:clint: I am now going to play your rib cage as if it were a xylophone with my fists until you switch to liquid or gas states

moments.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Fluffdaddy posted:

lmao i dont think anyone actually cares

Also i don't think there is a real 50 cal in the whole of Japan, that's airsoft at best with smoke added in post.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

ChronoReverse posted:

I have to think Denken has a plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

GateOfD posted:

a current series that seems to have good action animation that a bunch seem to not talk about is Ninja Kamui, only saw the first episode though, but thought the fight scenes were entertaining.

The second episode goes even harder with the blink and miss it fights, also has a lot of anti-epilepsy filtering going on which might distract from the action.