Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mookie no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

300 million for a R/R 1B sounds like a recipe for disaster

My guess is that Alonso will want to reset the 1B market, so above Olson’s deal of 8/168. I think he’ll come in third or fourth, somewhere above Goldy but below Freeman

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/snyyankees/status/1722015706554798095?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

He literally needs to be fired lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

24M for a solid 2 declining to 3 over the life of the contract is pretty good imo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Soto deal will end up being something like Schmidt, Vasquez, and one more minor league prospect with Soto and Grisham to New York. Money is such a massive factor in this negotiation that I would be shocked if the Padres ended up with a solid number of prospects unless they also dumped the Cronenworth deal on New York too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

live with fruit posted:

The issue isn't that the Padres have to cut payroll, it's that the only have like $15 million to spend. Theoretically, they could empty out their farm again and put together a team with Soto. The idea that they're going to take a crappy deal, and a trade built around Schmidt is a crappy deal, is just Yankees fans trying to manifest.

The trade returns for star players have almost always been lovely for the team dealing the star. Look at the Betts deal as an example.

The issue is absolutely money and they can't trade the other mega-extensions they have on payroll. They are eventually going to take a bad deal just to get rid of the money

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ultimately this is probably a little more than you want to give up but who gives a gently caress? Juan Soto hitting bombs into the short porch all summer is going to be so fun

Mike King is awesome but his elbow is liable to snap off at any given moment. There will always be another pitcher out there

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

There will always be another pitcher. King looked excellent but you have to do a deal like this every time. A bat like Soto is never available unless under special circumstances

Of course mcmagic would find something to be upset about with getting literally Juan loving Soto lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Incredible work here

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It was literally 8 starts lol. A really good job of selling a guy at the peak of his value

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

700 MILLION DOLLARS???????

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Tbh I’m glad this hosed over Toronto. Yet another addition to Vladdy’s snuff film

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

imo the Angels should be contracted

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I have to think the pivot for the Yanks is trying to pry Dylan Cease away from the White Sox. Since Reinsdorf is cheap, maybe that means eating Moncada’s salary to not send as many prospects

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Nodoze posted:

Cease had a 97 ERA+ last year, 2022 definitely looks to be a massive outlier.

The only person in the org I trust to do their job well is Matt Blake, so putting a guy with those pitch traits in his hands seems like a worthy gamble

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

mcmagic posted:

What the pricetag for him compared to Burnes?

Reinsdorf is legendarily cheap so I’d argue it’s less on the prospect side if you eat Yoan Moncada’s contract next year

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/jeffpassan/status/1741174548991553824?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/shawn_spradling/status/1754895820757840075?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

This is a 100/10 baseball name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Manfred finally getting more balls in play