Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/38550277/jim-caple-former-espn-national-mlb-writer-dies-61

Jim Caple died, apparently of ALS. I used to really enjoy his articles because they were pretty lighthearted reading. He was 61.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Do you all engage with the guy covered in his own poo poo on the train? Just ignore him because nothing is going to change.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Let the manager have 1 ball / strike challenge, but thats it. They don't get another just because a call got overturned.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

lol thanks Dallas reporter for reporting something absolutely no one else is reporting

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I...did not see that coming. Holy poo poo.

I guess this means we're gonna be active in the FA market. Although it would be the most Cubs thing to give a guy the highest managerial contract ever and then do fuckall in signing players.

I look at it as the opposite, ownership thinks the current group of players is adequate and they just need better leadership. Cheaper to higher one to manage 25 than to pay to get a better group of 25...

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Cashman's player rating sheet has two columns, grit and TWTW.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Now there is literally no reason for me to listen to WSox games next year. gently caress Reinsdorf.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

gently caress Jerry Reinsdorf, but also I'm going to start donating negative money to campaigns and just retire from the 9 to 5 job.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

e: honestly someone needs to just option Soroka to the broadcast booth, he's really good at it

Good thing the WSox have an opening there! Also gently caress Reinsdorf

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Pickles shooting their shot

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Chief McHeath posted:

Which makes it even crazier that Shohei Ohtani is signing with the Chicago White Sox!

And Reinsdorf immediately relocates to Nashville. Also gently caress Reinsdorf.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

For 700M, I think Roberts could have released a secretly video taped recording of Ohtani's meeting with the Dodgers and it wouldn't have mattered.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I can't believe he signed with the Angels cross town rivals

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Siri show me a take so bad I actually root for the cheating Astros.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > Sports Argument Stadium › MLB N/V 2023-24 Offseason: The 700 million dollar man (Annuity?)

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Please move this thread to the proper forum https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=200

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Man, I don't follow baseball like I used to, but I have no idea who Corbin Carroll is. Arizona might as well have said Bobson Dugnut.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Craptacular! posted:

I don't want to fight over this, but your list only aligns with the data if you sort by property crime. If you sort by violent crime totals, San Francisco is 37, Los Angeles is 32, and Chicago is 17.

In far more offensive takes:

Eeesh. What'd that poor battery do to you. Especially if your model is OLED.

If you sort by violent crime, it does at least show which city definitely has the worst fans

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

euphronius posted:

My man is enourmous

God drat I did not think Los Angeles had open carry

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Jesus Christ wake me up when Reinsdorf is dead

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Trevor Bauer quasi apology tour starting.

What team is gonna sign him?

I already have my gently caress Reinsdorf post queued up.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Seems like this idiot thinks Beltre's biggest sin is not playing for either Boston or NY.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bravesword posted:

There was certainly nothing at all unusual about the 2020 season or playoff format whatsoever that might cast doubt over any results it generated, no sir, purely a fandom pissing contest

This is apropos of nothing, but at work I usually browse with avatars off so I interpreted your username as "braves word" which caused me to interpret this entire discussion really differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Mike_V posted:

for the first time in its history, the NHL is ahead of other sports leagues

Hell, Alibaba is ahead of MLB at this point.