Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

Can Newton getting strip sacked by Von Miller in that Panthers Broncos super bowl

Antonio Brown getting Vontaze'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

mannerup posted:

since this is the wrestling page

Shockmaster got done dirty :mad:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

this thread has rehabilitated Shockmaster's career trajectory it's a GBS miracle

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

I googled it and she claimed she was getting $25-50k per episode for Mandalorian. Considering she didn't even show up in the majority of episodes, that might have been like $150-200k per season tops. So assuming she was being honest (and that does track with the stuff I've read about Disney's pay practices) that would be good money by working joe standards, definitely not get-rich-quick money.

She was getting starring lead in her own Star Wars show that was already in pre-production when she blew everything up

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gatto Grigio posted:

Doja Cat, an extremely mid-tier pop star going through an edgelord phase in a desperate attempt to stay relevant

More like Doja Uncle-Tom-Cat lmao

Doja Cat has been an internet edgelord since before she was famous, that's part of how she got famous in the first place

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I mean it killed her career in anything remotely plausible and she fell into the right wing grift circuit as a result

https://twitter.com/thymetikon/status/1131702577878503425

lmao this one is an all-time banger

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lt. Cock posted:

I used to live with a bunch of film industry people. Publicly badmouthing a project was always brought up as an easy career suicide. It takes an army of people to put together a movie or tv show, and when you run your mouth they all turn on you.

yeah that girl in the Snow White live action remake is firmly riding that Heigl trajectory right now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ElectricSheep posted:

Kristen Stewart? I thought the problem was that she was TOO nice to the director

no, the one Disney is making

the one whose press tour about being cast as Snow White by Disney is to tell everyone how much she hates the story and etc.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Graham Fury posted:

Normally winning an Oscar is a nice boost for an actor's career but I haven't seen Will Smith since he won his. Did something else notable happen that night?

He finally entered the new Willennium

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 10, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

the holy poopacy posted:

He's actually been working pretty steadily the whole time. Either he's got the world's biggest coke habit or he just loves the acting business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh1kmVwS4Hw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

well why not posted:

I figure he’s a theatre kid that just Loves To Perform

It's this, watch his episode of Star Trek for proof

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

bradzilla posted:

Yeah this was definitely the moment where people began turning on him en masse

yeah it was wild to see just how bad a decision that post was in real-time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

quote:

Titled “Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?”
Jesus Christ Waters, shut the gently caress up. Go be up your own rear end in peace, like Syd's family asked you to do 17 years ago.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i must compose posted:

I would say Michael Richards at the laugh factory but he's still getting work and had a funny callback to it on curb your enthusiasm so I'm stumped.

lol JB Smoove Farrakhanifying him was one of the highlights of the absolutely excellent Seinfeld reunion season

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Gina Gershon is loving great in Showgirls

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lt. Cock posted:

I like Akroyd way more as an openly insane old man selling glass skulls full of booze.

I'm looking at one on display in my living room at this very moment.

Dan Aykroyd legit believes those Herkimer diamonds (quartz crystals) he filters his vodka through are magical

kind of like how he believes Ghostbusters is a documentary

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ah, the ol' "I support Israel in the USA and am therefore the most marginalized of all Jews in history" act

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Torquemada posted:

Impossible to conceive of it being worse than what actually hit the screen, but no rational person would conclude it would be a lost cinematic treasure.

the lost Ayer cut is like an hour of Leto Joker + the rest of the movie

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

HateTheInternet posted:

Did anyone mention Don Imus yet?

Yeah but nobody ever mentioned when Marv Albert's poo poo broke

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

Then he made Bright, was revealed as a massive sex pest and an actual rapist, and even said that his crimes weren't that bad because he "wasn't a real celebrity".

I wish someone who isn't a giant piece of poo poo would find a director who isn't an insane primadonna and make a good Shadowrun movie not starring Will Smith :sigh:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

They were then offered a Star Wars movie trilogy by LucasFilm, so they started focusing on that instead of giving Game of Thrones the attention it needed to bring it in to a competent ending, and then because they cocked up the ending to Game of Thrones and became radioactive overnight, Kathleen Kennedy fired them and scrapped their Star Wars trilogy, delivering the formal deathblow to their careers.

lol watching the cast of GoT do everything they could to not talk about the final season of the show or the last episode was real :kiss:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

didnt one of them commit sucide like a couple years ago or something depressing.

Rob OD'ed on pills right after their Behind the Music gave them a redemption arc, but it was in 1998

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

GRRM is busy doing things like raking in money from Meow Wolf and fine dining in Santa Fe

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

And, like a lot of CANCELLED people, he just wrote a book.

and Richard Ayoade summarily ate poo poo for enthusiastically endorsing it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

they speedran the ending in the most incomprehensible way possible on the show but lol if you didn't think he was setting up the ur-Targ princess of the story to succumb to the family curse and go full Targ

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

And the 20 other things she's done since then.

Yeah Winona is totally over that poo poo and has been for a long time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Busters posted:

Hinsion has said far more offensive jokes than that. He just finally said the wrong thing in a venue where people didn't know he was joking. Poes law got him.

Sure man

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

emSparkly posted:

:yeah:

I can't believe I didn't watch Squidbillies until this year. Show kicks rear end. Glad we can watch it without him getting any royalties (I think).

Adult Swim didn't give C. Martin Croker or Carey Means jack poo poo, I can't imagine they're paying anyone else.

poo poo, Dana Snyder did a cameo about slurp juicing apes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I just watched Gym Jordan's career die 2 days in a row on C-SPAN.
Sure, he'll be in that seat until he dies, but he's ensured that he'll never move past it, his little terrorist caucus is rapidly losing their relevancy on the floor of the House, multiple people in it are probably losing their jobs in '24, and he will continue to have never introduced or passed any legislation in a nearly-2-decade-long career.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Tarkus posted:

I like to describe sexual relationships with my kids friends outside of my marriage as 'entanglements'

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Cassette Moodcore posted:

Kevin Smith was recently on the Blank Check podcast talking about Die Hard and I don’t know much about him but he seemed like a fairly down to earth dude for a Hollywood guy

i mean, did you read that tweet? any goon in gbs could have written that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I wish they made the Nic Cage Superman so Tim Burton's comeback streak would have been delayed a while

Big Fish was good though

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

git apologist posted:

GoTASoIaF was always garbage, it ending like poo poo was totally on brand

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

John Bonham was a good, tight drummer; greatest of all time is a real stretch though. Especially don't say that to Buddy Rich's ghost if you ever meet him.

You pinpointed when Bonham's career died, though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

all the guys I played with and all the guys I try to play like think Peart is the poo poo so

not a giant Rush fan but I love 2112, Peart is killer

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao its been a while since I heard fergie sing the national anthem

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

man I saw buddy guy on his farewell tour last year and he didn't even pretend to still care about playing guitar or singing more than he cared about talking story, and it was funny as poo poo

that Frankie Valli video is just sad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sadly, the chicken of the sea turned out to not be the chicken of tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

George Lazenby walked so Daniel Craig could take a bunch of criticism and then make one good, a couple bad and a couple decent-ish Bond movies, then transfer into the role of a gay Southern gentleman detective married to Hugh Grant

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 26, 2024