Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:
Will Kansas City hang over 60 points on Denver? Do they serve kneecaps at the Tampa Bay Cheesecake Factory? Will Billy Five Aces be fired if he loses to his former OC Josh McDaniels? Why are we getting a third London game?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Jags have had so many London games I did a double take when it was announced that Ravens/Titans are playing there next week.

I'm genuinely curious how Belicheck's meeting with Robert Kraft will be this week. Or next week if they lose again.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Funny considering Stapp is a Marlins fan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fof40yqaW1U

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'd be happy if Lions/Buccs ends in a tie.
_____________/_________

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I almost feel bad for Max Jones considering he's had multiple OC's since the start of his career (Josh McDaniels, The 2-headed disaster that was Matt Patricia & Joe Judge, and now Bill O'Brian)…

…Almost.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

lol

also he's a cheap shot guy if that helps

:lol: thanks autocorrect.

And what? 'Bama QB's being dirtbags?!?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Was Lizzo singing about T. J. Hockenson?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AndrewP posted:

this showed up on the ole’ algorithm. Russ throws a legitimately sick tailing two-seamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J7cUkkcifU

Maybe Colin Kaepernick should pull a Tim Tebow and pivot to baseball. :v:

Also Eli throwing while holding his daughter. :kimchi:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I want to see the list of NFL players that played other sports besides baseball, basketball, or wrestling.

I wanna see the player that also played tennis. Or ran cross country.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Right now I'm trying to figure out if anybody wants Mac Jones as a backup and the only team that has a worse QB is likely the Jets.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Remember, kids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IUR4gkPIE
Had to look it up and is there a more New York Football Giants QB name than Tommy DeVito?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Going all Highlander mode until there's one New York team left.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Looking at the Lions schedule the only "real" threats are @ Chargers and maybe @ Cowboys.

Maybe the Vikings too if they keep blasting Creed in the locker rooms before games.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hope Brown can do something with that offense.

Then leverage that to be a HC somewhere.

Considering there's only three other black HC's in the NFL, it's something that Brown gets a chance.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Genuinely curious if any team will take a flyer on Fields, even as a backup.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Phobeste posted:

I think a more generous framing is the nfl taking advantage of “stick to sports”. If you’re forming an opinion about what a team can do in the front office for the laundry to win this year, then the incremental cap dollar spent on rb/safety/dt/lb is less efficient than same on wr.

But if that sounds like a thing an insane short term focused robot who doesn’t care about people’s lives would say, well, yeah. The sports media complex builds analysts that focus on this, teams employ analysts and limit their roles to those kinds of mathy calculations without thinking about the health of the league, and then the only people who are supposed to be thinking about the long term, the owners and the PA, are just out for their own money.

It’s kinda like the nba and player rest I think, it’s the difference between what’s optimal for this team in the context of the sport (winning, this year or in the next couple) vs what’s optimal for the people who play it (equitable distribution of money) or the league itself

fake e: which i guess is to say, you're right about the union and the rookie wage scale, but i think the media analysis part is a product of "stick to sports" rather than active ignorance or malice

Funny enough a study by the NBA is saying load management doesn't really do anything. Yeah it's a study by the NBA and the new TV contract has the head honchos wanting players to play at least 65 games a year, but it's still an interesting thing to note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://i.imgur.com/wRpNKZH.mp4
Views: