Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

golden bubble posted:

Oh, that's not an observation tower.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/10/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-security-failure.html

Those communication towers had no human defenders nearby, meaning thelinchpin of Israel's border wall was only defended by automated and remote systems, which turn off when the towers go down. They were armored against rockets and RPG fire from all sides, but had no armor on the top. So if a few small snubfighters quadcopters manage to drop grenades right down their exhaust ports communication tower open tops, the entire front line defenses turn off, and the warning system for the human soldiers on the second line also gets knocked out.

This is such a colossal failure that it's almost unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i thought the point of this thread was to very explicitly not have d&d style slapfights and gotchas and similar bullshit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ok

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

journalism has always been vulnerable to prioritizing sensational reporting but with the maturation of the information age it's gotten way worse as attention becomes the most valuable commodity

facts matter less and less as the Oh poo poo! Factor becomes more and more important

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

great. lovely. wonderful. as if we needed more loving misinformation.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Grip it and rip it posted:

You think they're intentionally injecting graphic ads into children's cellphone games? To what end?

coordinated efforts to gently caress with children have been a thing for a while

it can be about seeding propaganda, or it can be about just wanting to hurt kids, or a secret third thing that only the freaks who do it understand

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

both things can be true

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

not directed at any one poster but:

reigning is ruling.

reining is pulling on a lead, like the reins of a horse.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Regardless, the whole thing leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

dietary adjustments can solve that

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Voyager I posted:

I'll recognize that moderating an I/P thread is a fraught proposition so I'm not trying to put you on blast for being quick on the draw, but I will state my agreement with the others.

:agreed:

they're only sixers so it's not really anything to get up in arms about but those posts were relatively innocuous

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

nothing like indiscriminate hostility to spice up a conflict

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

it coming up in the news would involve white people remembering that native americans exist

they don't like doing that for some reason

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

well that problem solved itself

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I was told Joe was the "harm reduction" choice

unfortunately, yeah

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

oh absolutely, a huge portion of the circumstances that led to the oct 7 attack were directly trump's doing, like the movement of the embassy. escalation and accelerationism are his loving specialty

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

At least it's not another loving veto.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

kelly is a loving force of nature

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hello d&d refugees, please remember that things are done differently here

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

boooo

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Oh no, won’t someone think of the poor IRGC general and his compatriots.

disgusting

Kith posted:

yes but those are ACCEPTABLE losses, killing innocents is acceptable if i get to hurt the people i don't like

every single time

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

you have been poisoned

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

god please help me posted:

I don't know if this is the right place where I can ask, but is Israel really pulling off a genocide?

they're doing starvation, direct mass slaughter via military action, indirect mass slaughter via bombings, widespread destruction of property and heritage, forced relocations, and purposeful elimination of rights

any one of these could be considered genocide and israel is (and has been) doing all of them

e: oh and they're killing kids. just so many dead kids. and they're gleeful about it, too. there's an infamous picture of an IDF soldier holding up a child's sock in some rubble like "haha look at what i found!!!" that someone bought for a few posters in D&D

Kith fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 2, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Don't phone post from bed while sick and barely awake, kids.

you got it, i'll mark that down

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Personally I just want Iran to nuke Israel and Israel to nuke everyone else in the region and we can just loving finally write off that part of the world forever.

these are the kinds of thoughts you should keep to yourself, bud

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

so now that i'm back from the joyless void that is ohio

Personally I just want Iran to nuke Israel and Israel to nuke everyone else in the region and we can just loving finally write off that part of the world forever.

for anyone wondering, the above sentiment is so overwhelmingly callous that it's actually a dangerous pattern of thought. dehumanizing millions of people and framing countless human rights violations as mere annoyances because they're not "fun" or "interesting" to hear about is the same exact mindset that led to the holocaust getting as bad as it did.

shim, if you genuinely think this and aren't just saying it out of exhaustion and frustration, you probably should not post in this thread ever again. i have no idea what you've been through (i know it's Some poo poo, but i've never seen you talk about it before) but nothing can justify actually believing that. if you do, something is really wrong.

e: shim has PM'd me to clarify that he does not actually believe/want this, it was said out of exasperation. which... yeah, with how everything's been going, that's completely understandable. still a horrific thing to say, but at least it's just venting.

Kith fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 12, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Grip it and rip it posted:

Its an old joke from this forum. There are probably dozens if not hundreds of posts discussing wanting to vaporize the planet or praying for nuclear fire to cleanse the earth.

"Nuclear fireball burning bright, bathe me in your cleansing light" is a joke.

"I want the middle east to nuke itself into oblivion so I don't have to think about that part of the world anymore" is not a joke, and even if it is, it's a really poo poo one to whip out in this context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

said interference put trump in the white house and trump is why the current situation is as dire as it is so i think the kvetching is justified personally