Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

psydude posted:

For the record, I do agree that it's probably just the result of how bullets work, but it's notable that the IDF has stopped denying it outright.

surely the idf would have nothing to gain from making stories about their current enemies cast them in a worse light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

i dont understand how anyone could look at those pictures and be proud of what happened there.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

My brain wants to insist those are renders from the next Call of Duty game and not a city where millions live.

well, used to live

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

I'm very...numb to everything going on. I should feel outraged, or disgusted but mainly just resigned to the idea that no matter what level of performative support one puts on social media, the entire Gaza strip is in the process of being flattened. There will not be a stop this time. Cooler heads will not prevail. Nobody will intervene to help the people of Gaza.

Another genocide, available for our viewing pleasure in real time. "Never again" was a lie. The institutions that promised them lied to our faces.

Call me a doomer, whatever. I calls them like I sees them.

cant be a doomer if youre spittin facts

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

iran has some domestic issues right now and i cant imagine they've got soldiers to spare

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

psydude posted:

It really feels like you intentionally omitted the rest of the quote in your block there.

"but since the beginning we have, and continue to have, conversations about the manner they are doing this."

us gov: make sure you dont kill any innocent people, now move outta the way so the dumptruck full of guns, ammo, and money can unload and then you can do whatever you want with it... just please, only hamas fighters :)

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

You could, but you would be wrong.

so is chemical castration not sterilization because it's not permanent? they're giving their population drugs against their will in order to prevent births, it's sterilization.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

BUUNNI posted:

US hegemony working efficiently also sucks for a large number of people all around the world though.

actual related content:

https://twitter.com/elicoh1/status/1718014116231602565

poo poo, we wiped out isis?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

jeez guys, almost like you need to disrupt the enemy's economy during war.

personally, i think attacking civilian supply ships is a bad thing and onpy filthy terrorists would do that. a big country like the us, canada, japan, russia or nazi germany would never sink a civilian suppy ship during a war. thats never happened in the history of shipping, we are experiencing a first.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Gonna reiterate that offing an IRGC-QF commander regardless of collateral damage is a good thing.

:chloe:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Just nuke ‘em in a children’s hospital.

make sure you napalm it first because that one guy really deserves it!!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Oh no, won’t someone think of the poor IRGC general and his compatriots.

ok, so all the people who worked in that buildong deserved to die because they worked in close proximity to an ircg general?

ok bud, the local syrian employees who are definitely doing whatever they can to survive this decade+ civil war deserved to get iced.

israel knows how to take out targets with mininal impact, they have most of the tools of the us military has available to them and can definitely produce quality knock-offs of the ones they dont. they chose not to. israel is realizing they are losing international support because of the whole palestinian genocide thing, so theyre swinging their big dick around locally while they still can, to try to maintain their "you cant touch me" status

My Spirit Otter fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 3, 2024

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

It can be cool and good that an IRCG fuckstick is dead, AND that it was a dumb move bombing a consular building. They should've bombed his vehicle or something.

its not being debated that it was a good thing an iranian general got whacked, what is being contested is that its cool and good no matter the collateral damage, which is a pscyhotic and bloodthirsty statement

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Steezo posted:

Somewhere a red emergency phone rings. A solemn man answers, hands shaking and turns to his assistant, "they're sending in the Waffle House".

the american dessertion rate in the idf goes through the roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

hellotoothpaste posted:

Just a heads up, what happened wasn’t “telegraphed” so much as is was extremely backchanneled. There were a lot more parties involved to sort of box the whole thing in, versus it all turning into another regional actualwar.

Edit: Caveat, may not be boxed in at all regardless.

telegraphing and back channelling are essentially the same in this case. if they wanted it for any other reason than pr, they wouldve just fuckin sent it, no warning/communications.