Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The first thing I see of Eric Karlsson in a Penguins uniform is shattering his stick on a one-timer.

Holy gently caress, that is more red in the stands than there should be.

E- :siren: :laffo: :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The current go-ahead goal has assists from Corey Perry and Nick Foligno.

:lol: Rakell, bitch mode.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: O Captain, My Captain, Inshallah :siren: :circlefap:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Oh wow Jarry out played again? No way. Pens blowing another lead? Heck yea.

You can throw paint on it, change parts, rip out the radio, but...at the end of the day, it's still the same car with 159,000 miles on it and you just gotta give up the ghost.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

i'd rather eat a bowl of hair than watch vegas

gently caress it, horror movie time

I'm only watching this game because I thought it ended like half an hour ago. Time to play Soviet Republic.

e- :roflolmao: the electronic boards going BLACKHAWKS WIN!!!! in a visiting building.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It took until 20 minutes before the game, but I finally feel something resembling excitement for another season watching this dumb team and this mismanaged, unfriendly to Pride nights dumpster fire of a league.

Here's hoping I'm not second screening while watching YouTube in November again.

If Philly wins tonight, at least it gets Torts another win.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Beautiful poke on the backcheck there by defensively responsible center Patrik Laine.

E- hey, whoever that was in PAS that wants Andrew Peeke, where do I sign?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 13, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

yeah.....after he turned the puck over to create the situation.

That's a very lol worthy goal though.

Were you the one in PAS who wanted Peeke for the third pair? Because be my guest.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I, for one, am looking forward to Emil Bemstrom finally, actually, panning out to be anything other than a tweener.

:siren: Lol Bean stole Danforth's shot :siren:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 13, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

He's got the potential to be low-key deadly for years in this league.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Every time I see Cole Sillinger down low, I wonder why a defenseman is pinching that hard. 4 is not a forward number, God damnit.

I don't know who does the graphics for Bally Sports, but there was just a promo for Predators versus Wild Saturday with the Rangers and Jackets' logos.

E- I'm enjoying JD in this guest spot doing color.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 13, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Brock Boeser has been with the Canucks for nearly a decade now and I still can't accept that #6 is a forward's number

2-6 are hard no's. 7-9 have been somewhat normalized as numbers for either position and so I can live with those.

It's kind of like how goalies should be in the 30s, but I've grown to accept multiples of 10.

E- I know Taylor Hall was Cole's favorite player growing up but, when you saw his hangman and spelling skills, you can see why 4 wasn't a good choice.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 13, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PP1, Gaudreau/Laine/Marchenko/Jenner/Werenski is a good-looking unit that played like the highly talented group of hockeymans they are.

PP2, Fantilli/Bemstrom/Texier/Provorov/Severson, is not.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why is Ric Flair in the building?

Oh, yay, let's start the IR list out of the gate!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The mics were hot on the Columbus feed and someone was addressed with "because you're a loving piece of poo poo".

I'm going to assume that is aimed in the general direction of Garnet Hathaway.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hi Torts! You ain't got to like it, but it happened.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Remind me why I even bother with this trash league.

Columbus will get to make Gudbanson useful shortly, though.

E- Bobby Break sounds like the name of someone who's going to go with Ric Flair in a cage match for the World Television Title strap during the intermission.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 13, 2023

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Andrew Peeke gently caress off please

He needs to go run Hathaway in a hit which doesn't injure him, but prompts the NHL to suspend him for 10 games so a better defenseman is forced into the lineup.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I mean, if Hathaway had to need a defenseman on that shift, why did it have to be THAT one?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I knew right away who scored that empty net or when he absolutely ripped it into the empty net from 20 ft away.

I've seen that move before.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Columbus' coaching staff being Pascal Vincent, Mark Recchi, Jared Boll, and whoever the gently caress Josef Boudemienne is is fitting. Totally random.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

triple sulk posted:

Just checking in mid-baseball to say: The Columbus Blue Jackets are dogshit garbage

:siren: Patty :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yes, Jeff, remind me of the coach that I wanted versus the two that we got.

E- Jesus, Bread looks like he needs to be committing war crimes in a well-fitting tracksuit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jesus Christ.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

Chytil is gonna have a crazy year

That won't count toward it, though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: BOOOOOOOOOOOOne :siren:

Good effort by Marchenko to get it to net-front. Dude had four assists all year last season but has at least two now.

E- It's three.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1713335245397721229?t=ZJz8hw6YA2IcwnhyzhIO3A&s=19

:laffo:

Cole Sillinger looks a hell of a lot better this year than he did last.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That one's not going to count toward his point totals, either. :roflolmao:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's for costing Gavin Bayreuther a two-goal game last year, Lavi. :argh:

* which I only remember because that was the one game I went to last year and it took the air right out of the building.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: PATTY :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Truly, the dumbest game.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Douchebag posted:

Just disallow every goal this game. WTF.

What’s the record for disallowed goals in a game?

Going to go to the shootout and have a potential game winner in the 16th round overturned because it didn't have enough momentum to cross the line completely

:hfive:.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Now taking bets on what the justification for this review will be! :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Gaudreau. Goodrow.

Ketchup. Catsup.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Holy hell, I'd forgotten how dynamic Texier could be. He faked passing it between his own legs to dish it to Laine

May never be a top line forward, but very nice to have in the middle six.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I don't want to see Erik Gudbranson try to clear the zone ever again unless there is no opposing skater within 200 miles.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: BOONE JENNER NATURAL HAT TRICK :siren:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

OldSenileGuy posted:

Rangers look so good and now losing 3-1

hockey's back baby :c00l:

If not for doinking one off a Columbus player's leg, it's 3-0! :science:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: DAVID JIRICEK FIRST NHL GOAL :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/DylanTyrer/status/1713353591413485937?t=WFjm0UV_zs0WExNePWzScw&s=19

Gonna need David doing the fly by with his tongue stuck as far out as it will go as an av someday.