Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

HookShot posted:

I know this isn’t the GDT but Edmonton just pulled their goalie on day 1 lmao

The oilers are back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Lmao but also my lord

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

shyduck posted:

These are terrible

Bahstan Wicked is all time terrible. More embarrassing than MLS names

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The players refused to wear kevlar ankle guards after Karlsson's (I think) achilles got ruptured - there is no world in which they accept mandatory neck guards unfortunately

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Mr. Kite posted:

The Oilers sucking was not on my bingo card for this season.

The oilers are back baby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

fisting by many posted:

The EDM-CGY series was worth everything.

They broke the Flames organization in a way that will probably be felt for a decade+ at this point

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The oilers are back baby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Cocaine Bear posted:

He was the one with the absurdly large shoulder pads, right? Didn't he have some weird legal issues a while ago? Either way, rip it down.

That may have been Roman Turek? He was around at the same time and i remember him having larger gear

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
News: There's an article on sportsnet saying mcdavid had nothing to do with bringing in Knoblauch, because he doesn't think he should be treated any differently than his teammates and he doesn't even value his own opinion. Then it states Knoblauch 's plan for the team is splitting up mcdavid and draisaitl and emphasizing accountability (defence)

Views: the oilers are back baby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I love how horrible all the coaches are in the NHL. They all hate their good players and love third line grinders. Any deviation from the norm must be stopped. Congrats to Columbus on blowing up their relationship with their new stars, and to Minnesota for relying on this dumb rear end in a top hat for years with nothing to show for it. And the Leafs for, welp lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Experienced coach Paul Coffey will coach this out of them

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't understand why he's in Cleveland, he is obviously too good to be in the AHL (like 14 or 15 points in 9 games or something? and he's 21?) and they need the help in Columbus.

My theory: Pascal Vincent and the Jackets org are trying to punish the young players for pushing back on Babcocks bullshit. Also the coaches think they need more grinders, play more d, get pucks deep instead of fancy offense like Gaudreau and Laine.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
N: Wild fired Evason

V: Futurama Fry not that shocked meme

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Jhet posted:

This is somehow worse than I expected. Not that Coach Creed is gone, but that Minneflowta has hired some guy that looks like a knob head and has no salad. Who's also a bad coach.

E: It's also about 6 games too late.

Yeah it sucks. I hate being a Minnesota fan, but I am stuck with these assholes and Guerin's awful management. Guerin has spent his entire time as GM explaining how hard it is to get a #1 center rather than doing literally anything about it.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
For an organization with high moral standards like the Blackhawks to do this, well

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

abuse culture. posted:

Turns out Corey just got too drunk at the office Christmas party (Seravelli so it’s probably legit)

That's not enough to have him essentially exiled from the league overnight, especially with the old boys network loving him and his resume

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Blackhawks are probably particularly sensitive about the optics of having lovely people in their franchise for longer than they should

He passed waivers so every other team passed on him, and word would certainly be out among those teams management

So either it is the mom thing or its something so horribly offensive but still legal (maybe whoeever guessed he walked on the logo is right)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/jackrichrdson/status/1730797066366968186?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

At what point is the loser culture too ingrained into them from the coach and they gotta start over fresh lol

To answer your question, Edmonton"s Oil Change show was a decade and a half ago lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Arivia posted:

i'm sorry but i can't help but feel guiltily glad this happened

Looks like he can't remember how to stop

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

The little “huh?” hand gesture every player gives when they’ve obviously committed some sort of suspension-worthy offence kills me every time

It's up there with wiping snow off the bottom of the stick blade after missing a wide open net for funniest little gestures

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Canada didn't look like a very good team this WJC and they just got eliminated by the czechs scoring with 11 seconds left in a QF

Verdict: always funny when canada doesn't get a medal and TSN has to scramble

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Starsfan posted:

Minnesota is really the most fun team in the league to cheer against and it's a shame that more people don't realize this. They have the golden trifecta for entertainment of a roster full of unlikeable thugs, huge sore loser energy and a very pronounced tendency to choke in any important game.

Marc Andre Fleury is a cool guy though, too good for that franchise in my opinion.

Minnesota is the most middle of the road team in every way in probably NHL history, just nothing notable or outstanding but also never a bottom feeder. And i say that as a doomed wild fan

Way more fun to cheer against the Oilers (who are back baby)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Russo is up there for most annoying team journalist because he pretends so hard to be a Friedman style generalist but then does this poo poo

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Torts is going to hate Drysdale

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Just lmao at $190 USD

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The weird Calgary-Vancouver player exchange pipeline stays winning

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
When you get the chance to get Joni Jurmo, you jump on it

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Someone please post the treliving/reaves gif

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

the only thing I remember about Wideman, who played for multiple teams I follow, is that unforgettable shootout move he did when he was on the Blues

I remember the awesome tsn headline "Wide Man signs Wideman" when he signed with the flames

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

neoaxd posted:

that was actually a photoshop i made lol

Oh my god I legit thought that was TSN since then haha. That has popped up in my mind occasionally for years and has always made me laugh. Good job goon

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

deoju posted:

The next player to get an easy ENG against the Leafs better wind up a huge fake slapper and then just give it a little tappy tap in.

The sens leadership and coaches apparently got mad at Greig and told him it was uncalled for, which is a massive lol. So thats unlikely to happen

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Powershift posted:

He'll probably be at a goal per game in the playoffs too, and all 4 will be highlight reel goals.

Lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
the oilers are back baby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

It's hard to get mad at Vegas for pushing every edge they can. The salary cap is fake nonsense and it's funny that they are openly daring the NHL to do something about it.

That not one of the other GMs has the guts to do anything except*what they have always done* is hilarious. Go Vegas, push the boundaries and try to win.

Kraken punting on the entry draft for no reason except the old boys club is not looking so smart

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The oilers are back baby

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

At least the Leafs know how to Play The Right Way

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Begging any NHL GM to have an original idea or try anything new

Actually, the sabres need to Get Tougher and Play The Right Way

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Vegas are heroes because they swing for the fences each season instead of complaining how hard it is to make moves.

One hundy p, baby

Kraken showed the alternate route for an expansion franchise and the rest of the GMs show how to never do anything and be surprised when nothing changes

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Halstol sucks? drat, maybe they should have figured that out before completely blowing the chance to create a competitive team at their expansion draft and blowing it on lovely nobodies, and also hakstol sucks anyway so he made the awful roster play worse

Also can't wait for another hilarious leafs game tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
GMs and coaches in the nhl suck so loving much lol