Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you agree?
Yes, you are hurting the content creator's™ feelings and future
No, youtube is infringing on my rights with anti-ad blocker ads
Just click out and suck it up OP lmfao
I watch videos on dailymotion instead
Goku using incognito mode
View Results

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I guess I'm kind of inbetween. I tolerate ads on my phone because the app is simply too convenient but I would never use the general internet on my computer without an adblocker and that includes YouTube. Even without this new war on adblockers, I would consider buying the no-adds subscription for YouTube if it was more reasonably priced. Like, $8-$10 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Lol people who think they can tune out ads make advertisers in the wild salivate.

This reminds me of when I used to use the free version of Pandora. There'd be an ad that started with "Want to listen without ads?" I'd say "Yes" and take out my earbuds for 15 seconds.

I eventually got the paid version (specifically Plus) in a free promo from my phone company and could never go back. So I guess they win? But that's only $5 which is an amount I'm willing to pay for a service.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Apparently YouTube adds a 5 second delay to the loading time if you're running Firefox. Because that's a perfectly normal, none evil thing to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/17ywbjj/comment/k9w3ei4/

Hah that's funny, I've been experiencing that. Google having a normal one.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Space Kablooey posted:

Yt premium always included yt music

FWIW even if you exclude the ~$5 of my Pandora Plus membership, YT Premium is still more than I would pay for what it offers.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

TaurusTorus posted:

Lol why would I need anyone to save "Password1"

I forget if it's Password1 or PasswordOne sometimes, okay? :(

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

All my ads are "Buy furniture you hollow waspy gently caress" and robot voice "You can fix your craggy anus with this one weird trick" which I assume is a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

I did something similar but mostly because it felt weird to do it through YouTube and effectively download it each time. I just found replacement tracks rather than the one I'd been using because I had no loving idea how to rip the audio out of YT vid.