Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

PupsOfWar posted:

Pitts had really bad draft timing luck

What could he be doing if the Falcons had a QB

It was absurd when Lamar became a free agent and the Falcons FO immediately went WE ARE NEVER GETTING THIS GUY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES in a bizarre way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao Marcus Peters is not in anyway interested in taking contact.

dude shied away from contact from loving Tyler Scott.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i can't believe this actually happened after the game. it seems unbelievable

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The ref uses too much starch, imo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

epic bacon posted:

I can believe it. I can even believe that they hugged and kissed a little.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
So weird that the ref was wearing two sets of stripes that day.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

never seen players on the same team trade jerseys.... looks like somebody is a fucken fool who had a funny idea but hosed up bad when it came to engineering. you're hosed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Zurreco posted:

So weird that the ref was wearing two sets of stripes that day.

Excuse me but wow. This is gross. See the american flag right there? Thats for September 11th.

Remember it?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Excuse me but wow. This is gross. See the american flag right there? Thats for September 11th.

Remember it?

Of course I remember Ed Reed’s birthday!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Amy Pole Her posted:

Remember it?

:rip: vilerat and the greatest chargers tat of all time.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ljby3431pA

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

I think all these teams are happy other than the Chargers.

I'm not happy but it has nothing to do with QJ

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not saying it's easy. Obviously they're trying to slow him down.

But like... you know where he's gonna be!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MJeff posted:

49ers didn't get refballed in that one. You guys gonna figure your poo poo out or what? You got like, the fuckin' Jags and Bengals and Seahawks all coming up, y'know.

What if it’s a skill issue and it’s like some League Pro getting shithoused by a low rank because the Pro was expecting some level of competency, and has no idea how to counter someone who doesn’t have a plan or an idea of what they’re doing

:hehe:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kidcoelacanth posted:

the only sky judge i need is my lord and savior jesus christ thank you very much 🙏

*scores a touchdown, goes to knees and lays down his head and hands to give thanks to Allah, gets a flag for excessive celebration because he was on his knees*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husain_Abdullah#Kansas_City_Chiefs

quote:

An unrestricted free agent after the season, Abdullah re-signed with the Chiefs on March 12, 2014. During a Monday Night Football game on September 29, 2014, against the New England Patriots, Abdullah intercepted a pass, returning it for a touchdown. He was given a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for sliding on his knees, then bowing down and giving praise in Islamic salutation.[3] The next day, the NFL said the penalty was a misapplication of the relevant rule, and should not have been assessed.[4] The penalty created much controversy on social media, including beyond America.[5]

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

Did Kirk have anyone like JJ and Addison in Washington?

His leading receivers were dudes like Pierre Garcon (man I had forgotten all about that guy) and Jameson Crowder. So, no

Jordan Reed was a good TE but he was injured like 98% of his career so Kirk didn’t get to take advantage much.

MikeCrotch posted:

It was absurd when Lamar became a free agent and the Falcons FO immediately went WE ARE NEVER GETTING THIS GUY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES in a bizarre way

Yeah that was super weird to urgently run to the media and proudly announce gently caress LAMAR JACKSON the instant free agency opened

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 24, 2023

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Docjowles posted:

urgently run to the media and proudly announce gently caress LAMAR JACKSON

This should be celebrated imo

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

it should be celebrated because thanks to that he can continue to poo poo on the Browns literally and figuratively for the next half decade

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Why get Lamar Jackson when Desmond Ridder could be an all pro!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think the owners just didn't want to set a precedent for guaranteed contracts and knew that even if they did do that the Ravens were going to reluctantly match so it'd be shooting themselves and everyone else in the foot. So nobody did.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I think the owners just didn't want to set a precedent for guaranteed contracts and knew that even if they did do that the Ravens were going to reluctantly match so it'd be shooting themselves and everyone else in the foot. So nobody did.

Possibly but you can do that without immediately putting out a press release explicitly saying so, which is more or less what Atlanta did

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1716691369488773355#m

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hard act to follow. Here's my shot.

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1716490750962159973?t=4n6IoTNRkS6xX4p_LZSEUg&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh god. I still have flashbacks of Miami doing that delayed-drop thing with DTs all game in 2021.

engage the linemen just enough that they have to account for you, then drop into coverage while someone screams in off the edge

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 24, 2023

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I still think the Ravens win that famous TNF disaster if Sammy Watkins just keeps running for that beautiful deep ball would be TD. Let's the pressure off for the whole rest of the game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That's why we need to make a roster move and win right now. Because next year MacDonald will be a head coach somewhere. Maybe even Monken and we'll be stuck with whoever Dunce cozies up to. Plus a lot of guys on one year deals or with one year left like Queen, Stone, Madubuike, Clowney, Van Noy, and probably others. We have to try to win right now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

MikeCrotch posted:

I wonder if they were over-correcting for the prior year where they courted Watson via trade and extension, which led to Matt Ryan being justifiably pissed and the trade to the Colts.

Not that Desmond Ridder is in any way a QB on par with a 10+-year veteran and co-face of the franchise like Ryan. The swift release of a declaration of zero interest felt like a "Nope, no way, nuh-uh, fool me once..." preventative measure.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I still think the Ravens win that famous TNF disaster if Sammy Watkins just keeps running for that beautiful deep ball would be TD. Let's the pressure off for the whole rest of the game.

they should have gone back to it 10 times. throwing over the top is a great way to beat that scheme and it actually worked. absolutely maddening

Kawalimus posted:

That's why we need to make a roster move and win right now. Because next year MacDonald will be a head coach somewhere. Maybe even Monken and we'll be stuck with whoever Dunce cozies up to. Plus a lot of guys on one year deals or with one year left like Queen, Stone, Madubuike, Clowney, Van Noy, and probably others. We have to try to win right now.

If he does then say hello to the new Ravens DC Anthony Weaver

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does Monken even want to be a HC? I imagine between his past OC experience in the NFL and then in Georgia, he'd already be a top candidate if he had any interest.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Does Monken even want to be a HC? I imagine between his past OC experience in the NFL and then in Georgia, he'd already be a top candidate if he had any interest.

I said that too but apparently he interviewed for one of the jobs

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mega64 posted:

Seems like it, I think this Ravens job is to put him firmly in that conversation. Otherwise why leave Georgia? That’s a cushy gig.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd be really luke warm on Monken as an HC candidate. His scheme is solid but nothing revolutionary. Mostly just the type of things you'd want to do with Lamar Jackson as long as you weren't an idiot who thought he's a bad passer.

MacDonald is great and all of your bad teams should want him as your coach.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I mean, I'd be totally cool with Monken as HC. Guy managed to make Winston entertaining to watch (for better or worse), obviously succeeded well in Georgia, and seems to have unlocked new heights with Jackson and his WRs. If nothing else, his offensive capabilities are fantastic, and it'd be neat to see how he approaches being a HC.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd be really luke warm on Monken as an HC candidate. His scheme is solid but nothing revolutionary. Mostly just the type of things you'd want to do with Lamar Jackson as long as you weren't an idiot who thought he's a bad passer

lol that Greg Roman could not clear this very low bar

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I mean, I'd be totally cool with Monken as HC. Guy managed to make Winston entertaining to watch (for better or worse), obviously succeeded well in Georgia, and seems to have unlocked new heights with Jackson and his WRs. If nothing else, his offensive capabilities are fantastic, and it'd be neat to see how he approaches being a HC.

According to Kurt Warner our passing game is still awkward and clunky, just Lamar is playing out of his mind.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Greg Roman was trying to zag on an 11-personnel obsessed league and make the greatest running team of all time. It worked for a few years, then the league adjusted and he couldn't adjust back. We'll always have 2019 though

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Greg Roman was trying to zag on an 11-personnel obsessed league and make the greatest running team of all time. It worked for a few years, then the league adjusted and he couldn't adjust back. We'll always have 2019 though

I think it worked because we had two all-pro linemen and another pro-bowler at RT on top of that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

epic bacon posted:

Eagles fans have yet to embrace that their team gets ref help and is insanely lucky to boot. It's so much easier to have fun with that then try to defend that the Eagles get away with 50 holds a game on offense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Docjowles posted:

Roman believed in Lamar the passer, he's just under replacement level at pass game design. Add that to a year in year out awful WR corp and you get what they got. Which was still a pretty good offense. What Roman can get out of the line, run game, and a mobile QB make him worthy of an OC spot somewhere in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I think it worked because we had two all-pro linemen and another pro-bowler at RT on top of that.

wow all it takes is two great linemen to have a historic offense, who knew

seriously that 2019 offense had a skill position group that would make Bryce Young grimace

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 24, 2023