Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
As someone who did not like AW but loved Control, 2 chapters in I am enjoying this, but in this moment, the between chapter music interludes 😭😭

E: the save system is total horseshit tho

site fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay need some help, just after the first boss we're on the shore with alan, the optional objective is to investigate the area but all i've found is the one cult stash. i've run all up and down both sides of the beach and haven't seen any other interactables. what do i need to look for?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh jeeze, i thought it meant the beach lol thanks

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This game is fun and all but it'd be great if I could loving save

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Playing Alan Wake 1 will help before playing Alan Wake 1. You'll be better at it for sure

The gameplay mechanics of aw2 definitely are not complicated enough that you would need to replay aw1 first

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lmao I need more coffee how did I not catch that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

exquisite tea posted:

Playing Alan Wake 2 before Alan Wake 1 however will make you sincerely question what "Alan Wake 1" even is.

I played aw1 first and I question that too

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay can someone tell me if i did this wrong? i wrapped Local Girl with Saga and saved right before i went back to bright falls. which kicked off the attack on the hotel with alan and casey called...No Chance i think it was. so i loaded the previous save and did We Sing (which was hilarious and amazing and i loved it btw) which right into Initiation 5 Room 665.. is this the right order? am i supposed to be doing this part before going back and starting No Chance or is Room 665 after that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

lines posted:

a setup for Control 2. Apparently the latter will star Alan and Saga.

What the gently caress

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess Sam lake gets to do what he wants but how can you look at the response to control and decide to get rid of Jesse

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:doh:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It looks like Nvidia made an oopsie with its newest driver and there's a memory leak or something when playing Alan wake 2. There's a hotfix driver out to fix it

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-releases-geforce-546-08-hotfix-driver-addressing-alan-wake-2-and-windows-10-bugs

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'd play it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
even having jesse in charge only goes so far, as we see in aw2 you still have on location staff doing goofy poo poo like trying to make stories about a woman falling in love with a bear be willed into reality

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
this senior living home has a disturbing amount of ammunition laying around

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just go down the stars behind ahti. take the right and there will a door to the balcony, use the light to change the room

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Alex Casey isn't downing entire bottles of opioids every 2 minutes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
absolutely outrageous that i can ask rose if she's been the one leaving the lunchboxes, but i can't bring up her fanfic

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
and?

she's left em in like 5 different boxes, there's no way i can't not read em at that point

site fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 5, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Caidin posted:

If you read that many what questions do you really have left to ask about the subject matter?

I mean, saga could rib her a little about it and suggest or ask about what Rose is planning for next and how she's looking forward to it. Have some imagination

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay i'm stuck i need some help in alan's story, i'm in the back alley behind the movie theater. using the cult of the word thing i'm told i need to get to the roof because someone died, but i can't figure out how? the back door to the theatr is locked, i can't climb back up to get back into the theater, i don't see any ladder, what am i missing?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

thebardyspoon posted:

You set it to the cops plot point and then pull the light from the cop car and then move into a space the car headlights were pointing at where there was a barrier, a physical one, not a darkness one around the passage you need to go into and then put the light back into the cop car and that lets you move further in and up.

Hel posted:

I got stuck there as well, switching on and off the police car Light also opens up an area behind the neon Light i front of it. it's behindthe wall so very east to miss.

oh boy i think i soft locked myself, i don't have a cop plot point or have a cop car in the alley. where do i find that plot point?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

thebardyspoon posted:

Hmm, I don't know how you got into the alley without the cop plot point. I figured it was required. I think to get the cop plot point, it's either, when you first go into the cinema, then you get the cult plot point pretty quick and use it to get into the back room of the main lobby before you go into the auditorium you find an echo and it gives you the cop plot point... I think? It's either that or it's examining the bloody badges at the top of the stairs to the projector room. The door up on the catwalk up the stairs should let you back into the upstairs of the lobby in the cinema, if it doesn't then yeah you might be a bit hosed?

Lol well I'm super glad I use multiple saves. What I did was saw the back of the concession stand was blocked. so looking for another way I noticed the double doors into the theater were briefly open when switching scenes. so I switched scenes once to get me behind the debris, and then a second time to sprint through the double doors before they were closed again

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I enjoyed the short film but drat, let Alan sit down so I can have a better view

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's what it looked like to me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hey you know what's a great idea? not having a single manual save for the last 2 hours of the game

also here's where saga clipped through the ground in the (i hope) final area and i decided to quit

site fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 6, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

veni veni veni posted:

Is it better to play one character and then the other or should I be switching regularly for any reason?

It's really more like 3 Alan's for every Saga

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Okay, so did the bullet of light ever get mentioned anywhere before Alice is like get this from my shoe box 5 minutes before the end of the game? saga tells Alan she has the bullet like me and Alan are supposed to know what it was

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No I mean like the importance of it and why saga needs it. The clicker is obvious but thebullet is just a second thing mentioned offhand real quick. Was there a manuscript about it or anything?

site fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 7, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I already beat the game. That's why I'm asking

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

I think it's just kind of self-explanatory What can kill/stop the Darkness? Light, and Alan and Saga are fighting it using contemporary, conventional weapons, so hence a bullet made of light. I think Alice is just cutting through the bullshit by virtue of her art being able to be more expressionistic.

yeah that's pretty much what i gleaned from what what little there was too. it's just that in a game that's fairly concerned with explaining stuff, repeatedly and often in roundabout ways, i figured i must have missed something about it because it's just there

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

poe meater posted:

I think the combat was serviceable enough especially once you realize you can just use your strongest weapons since supplies are everywhere/refilled. You can also sneak by enemies with Alan. Not really sure how much the perk helps though.

i maxed the sneak perk and, besides the enemies that are scripted to spawn and attack after you do certain things, i was able to run or at least walk past like 90% of the enemies in alan's levels even when they were right next to him

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
why is This Road the only chapter song not on the spotify soundtrack playlist 😩

at least someone put it on youtube

e: i don't think i ever heard the night springs song during my playthrough

site fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 7, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I like where you're going with it, but wasn't that first interview very specifically called out by name as Sam Lake, the "actor", who plays Casey in the "films"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Unlucky7 posted:

I kinda liked the jump scares, speaking as someone who isn’t a horror head, because i think they serve better as a shorthand for encountering or getting closer to something that is touched by darkness. Like a primal lizard brain sense going off that “this place be hosed, get out now”

Okay, I swear I'm not trying to make light off it, but when people are referring to jump scares in this game, are we talking about the quick cuts to the scratch video clips or something else? Because none of that ever got me even a little but I want to be on the same page as everyone else

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Unlucky7 posted:

Basically, and honestly I do not think they are that bad. It’s basically the game occasionally going “OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!”

One thing that confuses me slightly is that (late spoiler)i thought that altered world events were more or less localized, but by the end game the story had even effected David (a legit brutal scene), and he was supposed to be in Virginia, clear on the other side of the country? Granted it could be because that the Dark Place is REALLY powerful

Personally I questioned whether she may not have actually been talking to David at all in those last couple phone calls due to the intervention of the dark presence. But that's pure speculation.

From the past few pages I feel like I actually need to give quantum break a try

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Revitalized posted:

Whoops, I need to rewatch it. I thought she said she accepted being a hero. Maybe I misunderstood or misheard.

she does, but Alan interjects that he is also the hero and thus he can be the sacrifice

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it's been a couple years since i played it, but wasn't it the implication by the end of aw1 that they are reincarnations or avatars of a sort of the norse gods

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I could see him going by another name (and Sam getting a guy named David to play a guy named David haha) but I would hope saga would recognize her own husband when she contacted him through the mind place though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sam always dropping hints for stuff years in advance

^^^^ being saga's dad seemed like the implication, yeah

site fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 8, 2023