Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

president cheese burger is leaning on baby hitler to do a temporary cheese fire

hi I'm burger moron and this is the nightly news. for our first story of the night I'm going to tell you how china repatriating taiwan is a genocide

tvol stays winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

burger sounds good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

burger sounds good

always

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

even the cold, emotionless heart of the machine craves that greasy goodness. it has no mouth and it must burg

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
squished burger at the end still is more appetizing than any plinkey food pictures

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Smythe posted:

tvol stays winning

not according to life, but I'm glad you believe in me

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

not according to life, but I'm glad you believe in me

May the spirit of the burger shine its blessings upon you

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

burger is love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20A0H3P1o3w

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
the 18th burgaire of louis napoleon:

Hegel remarks somewhere that all beef patties appear, so to speak, twice, with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

men make their own history, but you can’t always Have It Your Way.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
had a burger

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

retvrn to tradition

https://twitter.com/ArkansasFred/status/1583163534145630208?lang=en

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
ive seen that one so many times and its still mesmerizing

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Ultra Carp

jesus gently caress

Weka
May 5, 2019

I love the lemon action, like a gangster in an old movie pushing the gun forward when they shoot

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
does offal really have to be insanely wet

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I think the fountain is to discourage flies

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ohtori Akio posted:

nothing like a trench of wet guts on a 112 degree summer day to cool you down

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

Why would you want dry offal instead of that nice fresh sopping stuff?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ooh beef tongue and tripe gimme

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%27O_pere_e_%27o_musso

The Italians are at it again

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

that's 'O pere e 'o musso, from naples. boiled calf snouts and pigs' feet, sometimes served with intestines or rectums. since it's already cooked, I think the water is probably to keep it cool since it's supposed to be served cold with salt and lemon. sanitary!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

This isn't anti-Italian, it's classism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its probably delicious tbh

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Ultra Carp

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ooh beef tongue and tripe gimme

Gimme the beef tripe free (?) of soil
I wanna eat slop with lemon and oil
in a little tray

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the wops are truly beyond redemption

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

personally not a big fan of tripe because the villi freak me out but all other organs are fair game

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

pigs' feet and veal snout is almost certainly better than the stuff that goes into hotdogs and processed meat like the connective tissues, hosed out hog skulls, boiled bones, etc. my wife had some of that stuff in italy and she said it was great. I'd chow down on a bunch of lemony boiled meat bits, big deal!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i wouldn't. mad?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Al! posted:

personally not a big fan of tripe because the villi freak me out but all other organs are fair game

tripe doesn't really have much flavor either.
now this poo poo, Kokoretsi I really wanna try:

it basically looks like a big piece of poo poo, but it gets worse:
Kokoretsi or kokoreç is a dish of the Balkans and Anatolia, consisting of lamb or goat intestines wrapped around seasoned offal, including sweetbreads, hearts, lungs, or kidneys, and typically grilled;

i want it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

i wouldn't. mad?

no but it's none of my business what offal is appealing to you

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Al! posted:

I like it in pho but when I tried it at a dim sum place I could really taste the kind of "musty" (Not sure if there is a better word to describe it.) taste I associate with organ meat and I was not a fan

The sauce and even the texture of the tripe was fantastic though

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Hatebag posted:

pigs' feet and veal snout is almost certainly better than the stuff that goes into hotdogs and processed meat like the connective tissues, hosed out hog skulls, boiled bones, etc. my wife had some of that stuff in italy and she said it was great. I'd chow down on a bunch of lemony boiled meat bits, big deal!

Pig feet are loving delicious :china:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Pig feet are loving delicious :china:

got 3 of em in my freezer to make jokbal once it gets cold. unbeatable dinner.

also if a taco truck has lengua its probably the best thing on their menu

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Hatebag posted:

tripe doesn't really have much flavor either.
now this poo poo, Kokoretsi I really wanna try:

it basically looks like a big piece of poo poo, but it gets worse:
Kokoretsi or kokoreç is a dish of the Balkans and Anatolia, consisting of lamb or goat intestines wrapped around seasoned offal, including sweetbreads, hearts, lungs, or kidneys, and typically grilled;

i want it

Kokorec is, in fact, good

but the stands always give you an absolute massive bread loaf to eat it in. think like 2-3 times the size of the thiccist hoagie loaf you've ever had. so I usually only get it when it's paired with a durum place and I can get them to put it in a wrap, or if it's not busy I'll tip em well to carve some of the bread off (and pay to double the filling since it's already ultracheap). there was a place that would put it in asian style steamed buns but they shut down :rip:

if your in the former ottoman cuisine zone also look into kelle-paca (literally head-foot) soup. ultra cheap source of pure protein.

Weka
May 5, 2019

The unofficial burgerposting thread: something offal

Hatebag posted:

Lol American food sounds like it's just the worst in every possible way.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Kokorec is, in fact, good

but the stands always give you an absolute massive bread loaf to eat it in. think like 2-3 times the size of the thiccist hoagie loaf you've ever had. so I usually only get it when it's paired with a durum place and I can get them to put it in a wrap, or if it's not busy I'll tip em well to carve some of the bread off (and pay to double the filling since it's already ultracheap). there was a place that would put it in asian style steamed buns but they shut down :rip:

if your in the former ottoman cuisine zone also look into kelle-paca (literally head-foot) soup. ultra cheap source of pure protein.

i found a greek place that sells kokoretsi so I'm probably gonna get that this weekend but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to get kelle-paca. they don't have it at the georgian or persian places i like, or the greek/turkish/cypriot/armenian/etc. might be hard to get in the us, people don't eat a lot of heads here and that seems like a soup you have to cook a long time. may have to just make that myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Weka posted:

The unofficial burgerposting thread: something offal

Lol American food sounds like it's just the worst in every possible way.

Have u tryed burger?