Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

Aew features alot of wrestlers that I find lovely both in the ring and appearance wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CombineThresher posted:

While it can be frustrating sometimes, I like the chaotic feel of AEW programming. It's a natural consequence of weekly live programming that isn't as insanely micromanaged as WWE was at its worst, and sometimes things are overlooked and rushed and burdened by production errors, but the peaks and valleys of live wrestling TV add to the excitement for me. That, along with the match variety and clashes of styles, is what made WCW fun before Russo totally ruined it; there was a spark of madness to it that was missing from wrestling when WCW folded. AEW brought that back for me and it seriously feels like I get to eat ice cream for dinner three times a week now.

I’ve really been enjoying when the next matchb intros actually start while the tail of the last angle is still in the ring or on the stage. Not too often, but it creates a hype moment sometimes

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think it's OK if someone says "I think this person is very handsome/pretty/cute/attractive" or that they looked good in a certain outfit or whatever, as long as they don't start detailing their sexual fantasies about them, or start talking about living in their rear end

I think the iron savages live in rear end 24/7 tho

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm a cis hetero dude and I think it's great that AEW has some openly gay and bi wrestlers on the roster, and they're not treated as jokes or made to do embarrassing "comedy" poo poo because the owner thinks it's funny to punch down at people. :)

“He’s gay” chant (good) is one of the best things I’ve seen in pro wrestling

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard Jr posted:

Edit: dang it my daughter saved her sc and pw to my computer and i signed in the wrong one!

:3:

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

I know you don't like MJF's champ run but that promo was so drat funny especially follow by Dax going if you said one word about my child I will murder your eyeballs

I really enjoyed that exchange

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It sounds ludicrously filthy and yet

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JSmithOTI posted:

Julia and Red Velvet had a fantastic match. Love to see it

Hell yeah

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Red Velvet still wrestling like an absolute psycho was awesome, so glad she's back

Even better than i remember

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

That was one of the best return matches I've ever seen. No ring rust, no confidence issues, she just went out there and kicked rear end.

The extension on the leg lariat :allears:

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

a e w - i like it

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny Nox posted:

gently caress it, it’s getting posted everywhere

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

ibushi ate a brainbuster on a bicycle, then got piledriven on 8 chairs and a sign

:hai:

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Remember when ibushi came into the ring with a shovel and had to be told the match was already over

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fez_machine posted:

loved it

they really leathered each other

This is also my review of rush/dax

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

coconono posted:

I hooted I hollered

i hooted, i hollered, i did the :shepface:

what a drat show

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

I think it'll get lost in the amazingness that was the ladder match and the deathmatch but the three way dance for the tbs title was my favorite womens match of the year and one of the best three way matches that AEW has ever done.

It was so fuckin good

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Clamdigger

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ivypls posted:

good post but lol @ the username 'ratedrcope'

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bryan danielson fired cm punk

lmfao

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hahaha

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

God I am hooting and hollering so much, a fantastic episode. I'm even interested in the Devil story and where it's going. But man, Briscoe vs RUSH is just my ideal wrestling match - what a blend of violence and humor and energy. And that Copeland/Christian segment!!! They didn't disappoint - they knew exactly what Adam's response should be and he nailed it. And I'm so happy Top Flight is back. drat it feels good to be all elite

Every single person knew what the response was going to be and they missed the bleep by a full four seconds lmfao

What a good show

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

That DICK! posted:

i like miro being into the cuckolding stuff because it makes me feel like if i ran into them in real life i could bang lana and miro would be pumped about it and play video games with me after

Bonk

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

It was really funny when Rush was passed out and then got right back up and was pissed off the match was stopped.

I liked that a lot

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I would watch the best friends in a publix parking lot match

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fez_machine posted:

Hooting and Hollerin about how good the C2 has been for AEW even if the execution hasn't been totally to my taste.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen any draws or real upsets yet but we’re still only about halfway through and even the “worst” matchups have been extremely solid wrestling. The best matches have loving Owned

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shard posted:

To me Brody over Claudio and Brody over Eddie were big upsets.

Maybe I’m just really high on Brody! I saw Claudio as a bigger upset than eddie though

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's pretty great because they're both big upsets that in no way should be an upset because "oh yeah, Brody King is a gigantic scary dude"

vibe

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

its jack britt and wardlow

I’m here

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It’s Jack Perry and he’s going to explain his absence by saying he’s been away defending his title all over the world. And then he pulls out the spray-painted X title

Holy poo poo lmao

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

JR sounded great and was an absolute treat to have back for the main

I’m glad he was well enough to do the main event in OK

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

well i aint never seen that and ex made the wrong call then too. it still loving owned bones

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotinaj posted:

I think i heard excalibur actually call it correctly, but schiavone or jr or someone called it a burning hammer loudly first

Someone called it right but they got drowned out, i was specifically marking out because like ten seconds before he went for it, I said “huh, lots of jay driller teasing in this, didn’t mark used to do a sick burning hammer type move” to myself and then it happened

Being unfamiliar with the move in Mark’s arsenal, i did note that it seemed marginally safer than the traditional burning hammer

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

the c2 loving owned and bryd/eddie was loving awesome, holy poo poo

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

coconono posted:

Skye Blue killed that match. Just pure savagery. It’s been a while since I saw Kris scraped off the mat like that

avalanche code blue is fuckin awesome

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this guy ruled so hard, I looked for him every hardcam angle

Hell yeah

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JOE JOE JOE JOE

also the c2 kicked incredible rear end, is 200% legitimate, and was basically perfectly done IMO

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Meaty

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

super macho dude posted:

I'm HOOTIN' I'm HOLLERIN' Hangman's mustache is ROOTIN TOOTIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Seams posted:

They had to pivot so much during MJFs reign. they were clearly gearing up towards Punk vs MJF then Punk got himself fired, then Adam Cole got injured, and MJF himself was beaten up. A lot of the reign was cursed so it’s kind of amazing it was as good as it was (and there were some great highlights)

I would agree with this