Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Pontius Pilate posted:

Same, in appreciation and boredom, so here’s the official Blind Pineapple hierarchy of divisions:

AFC West: 89, B+
AFC North: 89, B+
AFC South: 74.75, C
AFC East: 74.75, C

NFC West: 90.25, A-
NFC North: 88, B+
NFC South: 77.25, C+ (barely)
NFC East: 76, C

In order:
NFCW
AFCW/AFCN
NFCN
NFCS
NFCE
AFCS/AFCE

A+ got a 100 because it should and f got a 59 so the pats wouldn’t tank their whole division. Otherwise it was b+/c+/d+ got 88/78/68, a/b/c/d 95/85/etc, and b- got 81 and y’all can figure it out from there.

I appreciate the parity in the AFC. And this looks about right to me. Maybe this pineapple sees more than we think

AFC West is clearly the best overall division as the only one with 3 A scores. Denver is of course loving things up and is reason #2,794 why the Broncos are horrible and should be contracted by the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Realized the other night that this is why I can't bring myself to think of them as anything other than the WFT. Never mind how generic and uninspired the name "Commanders" is, they still just slap a "W" on the helmet and call it a day. There's no logo or mascot representing the name and if they can't be bothered to to go all-in on their stupid title then why should anyone? What even is a "Commander" in this instance? A "Commander" of what?

I guess I get keeping the "W" though, they have a hard enough time finding those.

they're so half-assed that their W logo doesn't even have transparency on most websites

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Alright, I'm bored.

I'm having a hard time disagreeing with any of these.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's the complete opposite of a lot of my takes, but I appreciate the effort and the knowledge that the Eagles current colors are "midnight green."

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the best current unis are the Dolphins’ all-whites and i shan’t take any questions on this

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

they're so half-assed that their W logo doesn't even have transparency on most websites

Perfect microcosm of a tepid, lovely franchise. Just the most anodyne, uninspiring poo poo imaginable.

I grew up a Washington fan via family and have grown to hate them more than the Cowboys.

Commanders? :jerkbag:

Obviously better than the racist thing, but loving yikes what a poo poo name.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They barely even say Commanders on the radio when they're doing scores, in DC.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears desperately need to go back to the all white away uniforms and burn the loving orange helmets

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

LeeMajors posted:

Perfect microcosm of a tepid, lovely franchise. Just the most anodyne, uninspiring poo poo imaginable.

I grew up a Washington fan via family and have grown to hate them more than the Cowboys.

Commanders? :jerkbag:

Obviously better than the racist thing, but loving yikes what a poo poo name.

That name isn’t going to last. It is but the last of the innumerable indignities that Dan Snyder inflicted on a fanbase that used to be loud and loyal.

I don’t know what the future may hold but at least it won’t involve Dan Snyder..

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

predicto posted:

That name isn’t going to last. It is but the last of the innumerable indignities that Dan Snyder inflicted on a fanbase that used to be loud and loyal.

I don’t know what the future may hold but at least it won’t involve Dan Snyder..

I’m happy that Washington managed to shake free of that rear end in a top hat but he so badly poisoned the well for me that I can’t go back.

Outside of memories of watching the hogs road-grade for Riggins and Byner from my grandpas lap, there is no goodwill left.

Maybe I’ll “heal” by adopting another team eventually but I’ve got nearly two decades of pure NFL apathy under my belt.

/derail

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

I’m happy that Washington managed to shake free of that rear end in a top hat but he so badly poisoned the well for me that I can’t go back.

Outside of memories of watching the hogs road-grade for Riggins and Byner from my grandpas lap, there is no goodwill left.

Maybe I’ll “heal” by adopting another team eventually but I’ve got nearly two decades of pure NFL apathy under my belt.

/derail

Yeah it’s brutal.

I went to games at old RFK Stadium with my dad. I honestly have never seen a pro sports atmosphere that electric. And now, everyone feels the same way you do. .

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Burgundy and gold seems like such a great color combo on paper but I can’t recall an uniform with that scheme that I actually liked.

Anybody got good examples?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Burgundy and gold seems like such a great color combo on paper but I can’t recall an uniform with that scheme that I actually liked.

Anybody got good examples?

https://sportpics.photoshelter.com/image/I0000Qt.ziPchY2w

simple and beautiful

(*and no i'm not suggesting bringing back the racist name)

predicto fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 27, 2023

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

WFT was honestly a really cool name and idea. They should have just stuck with it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kirios posted:

WFT was honestly a really cool name and idea. They should have just stuck with it.

Ya I originally ironically liked it, then it unironically grew on me until I thought it was a legitimately fantastic name

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I got asked to do a bunch of concepts that I've thought about posting here or digging up the Farthouse and posting there. One of them was the Boston Redskins / Boston Braves that' seems relevant to this discussion. It was based on both the helmet from the 60's and the letterhead design they used back when the team was still in Boston.

Edited to fix image

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 5, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Darth Brooks posted:

I got asked to do a bunch of concepts that I've thought about posting here or digging up the Farthouse and posting there. One of them was the Boston Redskins / Boston Braves that' seems relevant to this discussion. It was based on both the helmet from the 60's and the letterhead design they used back when the team was still in Boston.

I would love to see more of your mock-ups. Although any new work I hope would be less… uh associated with non-slur team names.

Do you have any other burgundy / yellow color scheme mock-ups?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I would love to see more of your mock-ups. Although any new work I hope would be less… uh associated with non-slur team names.

Do you have any other burgundy / yellow color scheme mock-ups?

Honestly, Washington could have avoided a whole lot of nonsense by just going with the 60's helmets and calling themselves the Arrows or something

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

There were a couple of people who saw what I had done with the defunct NFL teams and had requests for something similar they could use for their fantasy football leagues. I got quit a list. Pottsville Maroons, Rock Island Independents, Muncie Flyers, Duluth Eskimos, Racine Legion, Oorang Indians, Milwaukee Badgers, Hammond Pros, Newark Tornadoes, Miami Seahawks, Los Angeles Dons, Frankford Yellowjackets, New York Bulldogs, New York(Tonawanda) Kardex, Portsmouth Spartans, Los Angeles Dons, Decatur Staleys, Portsmouth Spartans and New York Yankees (football) were all ones I had done some stuff before. Some were real NFL teams in the same format, Houston Oilers, St. Louis Rams, Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins. That left Chicago Cardinals, Boston Redskins, Memphis Hound Dogs, Hartford Blues, Brooklyn Lions, Evansville Crimson Giants, Detroit Wolverines, Boston Bulldogs, Chicago Tigers, Detroit Panthers, Washington Senators and Cleveland Rams as new designs.

I did get paid for this.

One of the teams I used as a stealth concept for the local high school team. The high school uses a clip art tiger and I've wanted to replace it for a long time. The current helmet decal is a simple "C". The Chicago (and Carthage) Tigers is a rework of something I was going to use for the Brooklyn Tigers but abandoned.

Here are the NFL Variants, Cleveland Rams, Chicago Cardinals, Boston Redskins (although I prefer Boston Braves), Portsmouth Spartans and Decatur Staleys.

Two of the teams came from the AAFC, the league from the 40's where the Cleveland Browns and San Fransisco 49er's got started. The Miami Seahawks, Los Angeles Dons and New York Yankees.

New designs were Detroit Badgers (the design I like the least out of all of these), Washington Senators, Evansville Crimson Giants, Brooklyn Lions, Boston Bulldogs, Hartford Blues, Detroit Panthers and Memphis Hound Dogs, a potenial NFL expansion team that never got going.

By the time I got to the Bulldogs I was getting tired of drawing animals and just made the logo the initials. I will say that just making helmets made things easier this time.

E: Size

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 5, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Those are very pretty darth brooks and I hope you got the money you deserve and the sense of satisfaction that comes from a job well done :)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's almost 2024 these should be tier lists you buncha olds :colbert:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
that's freaking cool, Darth Brooks. thank you for sharing!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A) Hell yeah, go Evansville, but B) Even though it's "crimson," that's a brown that I think would look a lot better than the more yellowish browns we usually get. Like, that might be the difference-maker, add some red to those browns, make it look better.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Steelers bumblebee uniforms are a great idea completely ruined by tan pants, the color rush blacked out look with yellow block letters and shoulder stripes is top tier though

Dolphins A-, A+ if they put the helmet back on the dolphin

Anything the Seahawks do is A- at least, highlighter uniforms are A+

Buccs Creamsicles are A

Browns color rush from a few years ago were pretty good, B+

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Those are nice designs but the New York Football Yankees helmet made me physically recoil

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The Yankees were a real football team and they were owned by the guy who owned the MLB Yankees at the time.

Both of these logos were designed at the same time.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Darth Brooks posted:

The Yankees were a real football team and they were owned by the guy who owned the MLB Yankees at the time.

Both of these logos were designed at the same time.

Doesn't make it any less cursed

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I'd pick and choose some favorites in those helmets to praise, but they're all really good.

Glad you got paid for doing that, lol.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Doesn't make it any less cursed

I used to post a lot on the sportslogo.net forum but it's gotten to the point were 90% of the posts are "Here's the logo from a basketball team but on a football uniform" or "Here is my Green Bay Packers concept" (looks exactly like the current Packers uniform) "I balanced the colors and unified the stripes."

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Darth Brooks posted:

I used to post a lot on the sportslogo.net forum

adding to humblebrag.txt

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It's not like there's a fee you have to pay to post there.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

Edited to fix image

This is lovely. One minor suggestion - that color (with the slight brown undertone) maybe looks more maroon than burgundy. Burgundy has a slightly more purple undertone.

https://www.thecolorency.com/maroon-vs-burgundy/

I admit that is some serious nit-picking by me, and my vision may be just off a little bit.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Here’s my uniform tiers. There’s something I like about every teams uniforms, with one notable exception.

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 8, 2023

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blind Pineapple posted:

Alright, I'm bored.

Broncos: Fell into the navy trap of the late 90s and still haven't gotten out. They've tried to use orange jerseys more since the Manning days, but it's probably the worst shade of orange in pro sports. D

The Broncos need to go back to their old orange and blue colors. They were brighter and popped more than this muddy orange and navy combo. The helmet logo needs a "D" in it again, but the old horse on it was like a bad cartoon. I didn't hate the "Snowcapped" look, and the white bronco logo looked better on a white helmet.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The new horse logo looks more like a Xenomorph than an actual horse.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

biceps crimes posted:

Here’s my uniform tiers. There’s something I like about every teams uniforms, with one notable exception.

Entire list is invalidated by having the Raiders uniform mid-tier somehow. Been in a car crash lately or something?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Raiders look cool in the all black but ruined by the aways

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Raiders standard home unis are the best in the NFL by a country mile.

I like that the Cowboys’ home silver pants and road silver pants are nearly imperceptibly different, and that neither really matches the silver helmet.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

General Dog posted:

Raiders standard home unis are the best in the NFL by a country mile.

I like that the Cowboys’ home silver pants and road silver pants are nearly imperceptibly different, and that neither really matches the silver helmet.

The blue of the numbers doesn't match the blue of the star, and it annoys me every time I see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Black Lighter posted:

The blue of the numbers doesn't match the blue of the star, and it annoys me every time I see it

But I forgive it all every time I think about the tiny Dymo tape label on the back of each player's helmet (which is also probably a slightly different blue than the other stuff).