Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/1729957394287907232

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

If there's one thing I'll give Elon Musk credit for, it's being able to live the real American Dream: to be rich enough to tell anyone who might try to hold you accountable to gently caress off.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

And he is SO not mad.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

If there's one thing I'll give Elon Musk credit for, it's being able to live the real American Dream: to be rich enough to tell anyone who might try to hold you accountable to gently caress off.

He's not there in this situation. X is essentially dead without a lot of advertising money. He's not going to pay the loans and running costs out of pocket and his boot lickers don't have that kind of coin either. A sex trafficker pledging a totally real and legit million a month in advertising isn't gonna cut it.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
He thinks that this is his out. He didn't bankrupt the company - an advertiser boycott bankrupted the company. Therefore he isn't a bad CEO. It's the woke mob that cancelled him that's ultimately responsible.

I gotta say, I don't think this is a smart move (duh). Going after various institutions openly and directly is going to create a lot of friction for Elon and his businesses. It'll be interesting to see if this results in any kind of regulatory blowback, or just further boycotts of his companies.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Except he forgot the second step: not care what said people say/think/do after they're told to gently caress off

but alas

MrMojok posted:

And he is SO not mad.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grip it and rip it posted:

He thinks that this is his out. He didn't bankrupt the company - an advertiser boycott bankrupted the company. Therefore he isn't a bad CEO. It's the woke mob that cancelled him that's ultimately responsible.

I doubt he's capable of that kind of self reflection at this point. The classic can't fail, can only be failed thing. He bought into the savior of mankind thing that some really good marketing genius was cultivating.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It is my new head canon that Rosalyn Carter's final earthly act was to reverse whatever demonic spell was binding Kissinger's soul to his body.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/11/29/henry-kissinger-dead-obituary/

Kissinger's dead, he's finally dead. gently caress him and someone find Bourdain's comments about him

Edit: “Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia – the fruits of his genius for statesmanship – and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević.”
― Anthony Bourdain

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 30, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Discussion Quorum posted:

It is my new head canon that Rosalyn Carter's final earthly act was to reverse whatever demonic spell was binding Kissinger's soul to his body.

son of a bitch, she found the phylactery

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Holy gently caress, someone actually killed the beast :stare:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/obituaries/2023/11/29/henry-kissinger-dead-obituary/

Kissinger's dead, he's finally dead. gently caress him and someone find Bourdain's comments about him

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Biden killed Kissinger

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

loving finally

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Was Rosalyn Carter the final horcrux? loving figures he’d hide it in her somehow.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Rest in piss you evil gently caress.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Basticle posted:

I'm not entirely sure how this is possible but it just occurred to me this is the first time I've heard him speak before.

I heard Sam Altman in an interview for the first time last week, and I understood immediately why he gets the money bags. He sounds like Elon.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Something I just wondered about, hasn't Trump had donation drives and Go Fund Mes for taxes and legal fees? How has he not raised enough by now with his loyal base (who are, admittedly, often poor)? Do those who donate ever notice this poo poo and ask a question or two about Hair Fuhrer?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

fknlo posted:

He's not there in this situation. X is essentially dead without a lot of advertising money. He's not going to pay the loans and running costs out of pocket and his boot lickers don't have that kind of coin either. A sex trafficker pledging a totally real and legit million a month in advertising isn't gonna cut it.

Someone like Microsoft or whoever could probably pick up the wreckage for a bargain price, flick the NO NAZIS switch and make it immediately profitable.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Rest in piss

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Leave posted:

Something I just wondered about, hasn't Trump had donation drives and Go Fund Mes for taxes and legal fees? How has he not raised enough by now with his loyal base (who are, admittedly, often poor)? Do those who donate ever notice this poo poo and ask a question or two about Hair Fuhrer?

Sir, may I introduce you to megachurches?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also, Jimmy Carter outlived him :unsmith:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I understand that Kissinger was a controversial figure, however please keep in mind that he was also a person with a family and

Nah just kidding gently caress that ghoul.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1730042319540281397

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I got a nice bottle of Vietnamese plum wine I've been saving for a special occasion.
It's in the air tonight

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
About time. It’ll be a holiday in Cambodia

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I dunno I think you need to apply the Tim Kreider ApproachTM in a situation like this:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sensible chuckle at the thread title

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1730051242934575277

Average American please, I am begging you, please go and learn more about Kissinger

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Another note:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1730048272453235129

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

It's perfect

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That Works posted:

Good point.

But then you have to consider Kissinger being a vibrant, healthy human and well

Carter health theory looking better already.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4hOxBSG4fW7tYbNuLq-R8kU8Kx9z8Bva&si=dcJpwOBHcB_xGMJ1

23 for me

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/jtbthought/status/1730047335508713829

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What a loving wild day

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lemon, it’s Wednesday.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also, Jimmy Carter outlived him :unsmith:

Legit laughed and smiled that's kinda cute. I like the rose found the horocrux angle too. Brought down by the carters, incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Meanwhile Elon Musk told advertisers to go gently caress themselves on live TV with Linda the Yacc in the audience. So things are going great for X the everything app.