Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Ruffian Price posted:

Could mess with this forever, again :negative: But you gotta push it out at some point.

:confuoot: MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :confuoot: With apologies to Frost and Steinbeck:

https://mega.nz/file/lRczjIjC#CjbpzU5bCPokkRqt2QOLJLBB45ht2-lFP-lLzGmRdWc

(note to self: don't loving listen to the draft all day if you're planning to sit down again with fresh ears. SynthV Ninezero as main vocals, Kevin and Mai on BGV and shouts)

my spouse's review, in a tone of one exhausted by awful Christmas music:

"gently caress, why is it GOOD"

also one of my cats associates MGR music with her dedicated play time so she got very excited to hear this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And just like that, in the Nick of time (a massive banger, by the way), :santahurr:MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE:santahurr:

North Pole Boys - Christmas Time
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-swanson-150846885/north-pole-boys-christmas-time

quote:

[Verse 1: Santa]
'tis the holiday season, I'm jolly well chuffed
Shovelling mountains of wonderful stuff
Sherry, and carrots, and lovely mince pies
By the end of the night, I'm full up to me eyes
Like wow, I'm fat and I'm old
I'm living in the North Pole covered in snow
Come out every year to spread holiday cheer
Then I sod off back with me reindeer in tow

[Verse 2: Elf]
I build toys around the year
But people only care who brings them there (yep), happ'ly, (yeah?)
Under the tree, do they thank me?
Well, the answer's no (Okay)
Filling the quotas in Santa's workshop (respect)
That’s my fate till the day when I drop (dead)
Just a cog in the production line
And if I stay or go, they will manage just fine

[Bridge: Santa]
I read every letter, they don’t want world peace (what peace?)
Everyone asks for a PlayStation 5 (the brats)
They don't even try
Almost makes my cry
No (Grinch), don't talk to me
Unless you have been good all year
I'm bringing you naught, you'll be amazed to see
Only soot and some coal under your Christmas tree

[Verse 3: Elf]
They ask, ‘Hey pal, are you a garden gnome?’
‘An honest mistake’, I say politely, ‘No’
Watch where you step not to squish me (just a little bloke)
You may need to squint or you’ll miss me (oi, watch it)
Bowl of syrupy crispies, that's me breakfast
They took my blood, and they wanted to test it
It's all sugar, with a spackle of rice
But I don't care 'cause it tastes so nice

[Chorus: Santa & Elf]
It's Christmas time, get your trees out (What?) (Woah)
If you wanna get gifts, sort yourselves out (Right)
It's Christmas time, get your trees out
Do you want a ho-ho-ho from a jolly old man? (Merry Christmas)
If you wanna get gifts, sort yourselves out (What?)
Do you want a ho-ho-ho from a jolly old man?

[Verse 4: Father Christmas]
I said a hip, a hop, a hip (hip-hop-hip)
Your presents going right into the skip, because you've got no chimney
The saddest house in Stickney (disgrace!)
You thought I'd use the door? (knob!)
Old, fat, with a giant sack
Always on a verge of a heart attack
When they complain there's a house I missed
I say, 'Kids, you are on my naughty list!'

[Verse 5: Elf]
I'm a tiny guy with a giant heart
Raised a human child what wasn't mine (Aww)
Wiped his tears when they teased him
Come on, son, they envy your size
Why did I care to keep up the charade?
He left me for his rich prick of a dad
But I'm a happy Christmas elf
Like every other elf, there's no sense of self (ha-ha)

[Verse 6: Santa]
Oooh, what's the worth?
Bringing joy all over the earth
I’m too used to hearing I don’t exist
From parents or even in church
Jesus, it’s your holiday
So please, I ask you for a way
To make them treat me like Father Christmas, ‘cause if not
I can be Grandfather Frost

[Verse 7: Elf]
I’m a fun machine, I don’t know when to stop
I’ve got pointy ears and a hat on top
Green and red with a festive vibe
I clean up deer pellets on the Christmas night (nice)
No Legolas, but we share some genes
Winter’s here all year, and I never sneeze
Bless me? Are you taking the mick?
Here, have a candy cane and give it a lick

[Chorus: Santa & Elf]
It's Christmas time, get your trees out (What?) (Woah)
If you wanna get gifts, sort yourselves out (Right)
Do you want a ho-ho-ho from a jolly old man? (Merry Christmas)
If you wanna get gifts, sort yourselves out (What?)
Do you want a ho-ho-ho from a jolly old man?
[Outro: Elf]
A ho-ho-ho from a jolly old man?

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 16, 2023

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I did an exploratory attempt because, well it's a banger.

Based on my meter and reading there are parts of the "I'm going the distance" chorus that make it lumpy but it's not impossible but you will have to rhyme through the whole instrumental at the end to make it all fit.

I do have a whole other song to finish, and I'll take a stab at it myself. I believe in you Brutal Garcon

I used this one
https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43171/a-visit-from-st-nicholas

I've also found that karaoke tracks have backing vocals on the chorus so I'd just rip the audio off something and use the music.

I'm attempting to cut this down to fit (and do something stupid with the shorter lines that break the rhyme scheme) but a) I have a cold, b) I can't sing at the best of times

(In case anyone wondered: The Destruction Of Sennacherib is too short. I checked)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Paladinus posted:

And just like that, in the Nick of time (a massive banger, by the way), :santahurr:MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE:santahurr:

North Pole Boys - Christmas Time
Blimey

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Ruffian Price posted:

Could mess with this forever, again :negative: But you gotta push it out at some point.

:confuoot: MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE :confuoot: With apologies to Frost and Steinbeck:

https://mega.nz/file/lRczjIjC#CjbpzU5bCPokkRqt2QOLJLBB45ht2-lFP-lLzGmRdWc

(note to self: don't loving listen to the draft all day if you're planning to sit down again with fresh ears. SynthV Ninezero as main vocals, Kevin and Mai on BGV and shouts)

This is soo good!

Sombrerotron posted:

MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE

Windows Wonderland

This terrible idea came to me several years ago, but I've finally followed through with it and now you're stuck with it too.

:captainpop:

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

ManiacClown posted:

:siren: My song is under the tree! :siren:

Holidays

Thank you to Grammarchist and my cat is norris for contributing to another Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars effort!

Nice! This came together really well.

Also, Sweet Merciful Christ this year's album has some all timers.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

:black101: My audio drama is under the tree! :black101:

Goons, I bring to you Santa Odin story #5: Little Hammer Boy. I kind of got writer's block with this one but the story finally came together in time, but I admit this one is a bit rushed. I hope the sound is O.K. If it isn't I can make a fixed version but I wanted to make sure I got this in. I plan on doing four more of these for nine stories in total. Now I need to figure out next year's!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ManiacClown posted:

:siren: My song is under the tree! :siren:

Holidays

Thank you to Grammarchist and my cat is norris for contributing to another Gavrilo Princip and the Leon Czolgosz All-Stars effort!

oh poo poo i missed this

it came out so well!!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Rat Patrol posted:

Happy (What's Left of) Christmas

I struggle to come up with songs based on a prompt so I haven't been able to come up with a song for this in like ten years. I was just gonna re-record blond haired blue eyed white baby jesus this year, but I was hit by inspiration last night so now y'all just get this.

Flawless

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

One Last Spur Of The Moment Present Under The Tree

https://soundcloud.com/user-564225923/and-miles-to-go-while-you-sleep

I was inspired by the fruitful works of other goons to just bang this one out to go with the rest of the album.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I need about an hour’s extension for my work due to unforeseen events. Rest assured, it’s almost done.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

It Ain't Christmas Without the Wizard of Oz on TNT

Apologies(?) for my terrible singing - it was a long day and I was already past the deadline.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Soundcloud playlist so far (26/31 contribtions)
Temporary Google Drive folder with all the downloads with incomplete tagging. It's missing album name, album art, track and disc numbers and correct file names.

Just posting this in case it saves Rupert some time putting things together. I'll keep updating them as things go.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Flipperwaldt posted:

Soundcloud playlist so far (26/31 contribtions)
Temporary Google Drive folder with all the downloads with incomplete tagging. It's missing album name, album art, track and disc numbers and correct file names.

Just posting this in case it saves Rupert some time putting things together. I'll keep updating them as things go.

I GREATLY appreciate this. I'm likely going to be collecting everything, tagging them properly, and trying to put together a cohesive flow that is throughly destroyed by the shuffle function tomorrow or early next week. Y'all still have time.

Beautiful work, everyone :kiss:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I GREATLY appreciate this. I'm likely going to be collecting everything, tagging them properly, and trying to put together a cohesive flow that is throughly destroyed by the shuffle function tomorrow or early next week. Y'all still have time.

Beautiful work, everyone :kiss:

What a relief! I've noticed I hosed up levels on backing vocals, such as they are, so if it's no trouble, please use this version for mine.

https://mega.nz/file/sxw2zDpD#6wCqVM-DscQM1St1k26kWSOc5SSzQzcyT-vquwa7DrM

Or I guess I can delete and reupload to soundcloud if it's better for the playlist.

Also, I'm catching up with submissions, and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this one (a lot).

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 16, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Paladinus posted:

What a relief! I've noticed I hosed up levels on backing vocals, such as they are, so if it's no trouble, please use this version for mine.

https://mega.nz/file/sxw2zDpD#6wCqVM-DscQM1St1k26kWSOc5SSzQzcyT-vquwa7DrM

Or I guess I can delete and reupload to soundcloud if it's better for the playlist.

Also, I'm catching up with submissions, and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this one (a lot).

Honestly, if you have a better version, it would be best to kind of scrub the old version from any and all locations, so it doesn't accidentally get used. :shobon:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

this has been making the rounds and is so much in the spirit of this thread that i had to share it here, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddz-VT97tvA

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Honestly, if you have a better version, it would be best to kind of scrub the old version from any and all locations, so it doesn't accidentally get used. :shobon:

Okay, done!
MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE (again)

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

For the archival versions that get volume normalized to the other tracks, will just the .wav be enough or should I post direct links to the Audacity projects for even better mastering?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

Goons, I bring to you Santa Odin story #5: Little Hammer Boy. I kind of got writer's block with this one but the story finally came together in time, but I admit this one is a bit rushed. I hope the sound is O.K. If it isn't I can make a fixed version but I wanted to make sure I got this in. I plan on doing four more of these for nine stories in total. Now I need to figure out next year's!
I don't know if this is you explicitly asking and I don't know what software you're using, but this denoiser plugin does a decent job removing 60Hz hum and a bit of hiss without destroying the rest. Those are more noticeable in the audio drama because there's no music covering it in the pauses. I hope this is helpful and not, like, rude.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Edward Mass posted:

It Ain't Christmas Without the Wizard of Oz on TNT

Apologies(?) for my terrible singing - it was a long day and I was already past the deadline.
… aaaand this has given me an idea for next year: Tree-N-Tree, with apologies to AC/DC.

Flipperwaldt posted:

I don't know if this is you explicitly asking and I don't know what software you're using, but this denoiser plugin does a decent job removing 60Hz hum and a bit of hiss without destroying the rest. Those are more noticeable in the audio drama because there's no music covering it in the pauses. I hope this is helpful and not, like, rude.
Oh, poo poo! I forgot to do a noise removal in Audacity! See, this is why I said something. Thank you. I'll fix it and post when I have. Is there significant noise in my other tracks? I've been playing around with where my microphone's mounted so it's not on the same shelf my computer's on, which I know was causing it significant hum.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

Oh, poo poo! I forgot to do a noise removal in Audacity! See, this is why I said something. Thank you. I'll fix it and post when I have. Is there significant noise in my other tracks? I've been playing around with where my microphone's mounted so it's not on the same shelf my computer's on, which I know was causing it significant hum.
Some hum is audible but not significant in the others when listening for it. But the only reason my ear got drawn to it in the Odin episode is because the sleigh bells sample doesn't have it, lol.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Flipperwaldt posted:

Some hum is audible but not significant in the others when listening for it. But the only reason my ear got drawn to it in the Odin episode is because the sleigh bells sample doesn't have it, lol.

O.K., good. I ran noise reduction on all dialogue tracks and re-exported it. Here's the.wav.

Other .wavs:
Holidays
Santa Scabies
Sound of Snowmen
Work

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

O.K., good. I ran noise reduction on all dialogue tracks and re-exported it. Here's the.wav.

Other .wavs:
Holidays
Santa Scabies
Sound of Snowmen
Work
Awesome, all replaced. If that's the Audacity noise remover, I'm impressed with the quality of that.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Flipperwaldt posted:

Awesome, all replaced. If that's the Audacity noise remover, I'm impressed with the quality of that.

It is! It works well when I remember to use it.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

I Greyhound posted:

:siren:MY SONG IS UNDER THE TREE:siren:

A Lofi ASMR Christmas (Clean Ver.)
https://soundcloud.com/user-592589921/a-lofi-asmr-christmas-clean-ver

This made me laugh! Great job :lol:

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

I Greyhound posted:

Took a stab at this. I'm out of time to tune it in fully before the deadline, but this is a brilliant concept and would love for someone with better musical ability to do it true justice.
But if there are no other versions submitted
My Song is Under the Tree. (Provisional)

Santa's Going the Distance
https://soundcloud.com/user-5925899...=social_sharing

Karaoke may have happened at me tonight and a lesser version of this this may have emanated from me. And despite messing it up in the middle, I may have ended in sync. And it may have absolutely slain.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Am I correct in remembering a song from previous years that kept sounding like the intro's to Christmas songs? The song sounded like it was about to start into the first verse, but it never does...does anyone know what I'm talking about and if that's an actual thing or something I imagined?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Ulillinguist posted:

Am I correct in remembering a song from previous years that kept sounding like the intro's to Christmas songs? The song sounded like it was about to start into the first verse, but it never does...does anyone know what I'm talking about and if that's an actual thing or something I imagined?

It's real and it's brilliant. Was track 1 of one of the years. I'll scare it up in just a sec and edit it in.

JossiRossi in 2015 "Christmas Hype Intro Unplugged"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99SbSsZKX4

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 17, 2023

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I Greyhound posted:

It's real and it's brilliant. Was track 1 of one of the years. I'll scare it up in just a sec and edit it in.

JossiRossi in 2015 "Christmas Hype Intro Unplugged"

Thank you!!! :neckbeard:

Edit: Thanks to everyone that puts in the time to make songs. Even though I don't post, I enjoy this thread every year.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 17, 2023

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I loving love these albums everyone just kills it

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I wrote the lyrics for another christmas song and made the robot poo poo out sounds for it.
https://soundcloud.com/sharkcheese-890071423/broken-lights
I wanted to write something less silly. Not a submission, I don't actually want to dirty up the playlist with more AI stuff, but it turned out kinda nice.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I can't wait to make my coworkers listen to these latest permanent playlist entries, you're all the best.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I wondered this morning as I was lying in bed awaiting the will to rise: what tracks beyond Ho Ho Ho, It's Christmas Time have goon children come to sing as "real" Christmas songs?

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

ManiacClown posted:

I wondered this morning as I was lying in bed awaiting the will to rise: what tracks beyond Ho Ho Ho, It's Christmas Time have goon children come to sing as "real" Christmas songs?

We Wish You an Adequate Festive Period is probably their favorite. C H R I S T M A S TIME is up there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ManiacClown posted:

Taco Bell Christmas

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

My kids LOVE Taco Bell Christmas.

The only other ones my 9 year old daughter likes is Little Drummer Girl (because that was her), and What Meow is This.

My 15 year old daughter is probably just biased, but she likes mine (at least the ones I've let her listen to. You can probably figure out which two Pastor Ned songs she hasn't heard) and a plethora of others. I have raised her right.

My adult son doesn't listen to Christmas music much.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Canned Panda posted:

My kids LOVE Taco Bell Christmas.

The only other ones my 9 year old daughter likes is Little Drummer Girl (because that was her), and What Meow is This.

My 15 year old daughter is probably just biased, but she likes mine (at least the ones I've let her listen to. You can probably figure out which two Pastor Ned songs she hasn't heard) and a plethora of others. I have raised her right.

My adult son doesn't listen to Christmas music much.

It's kind of funny that you have a kid who's the same age as this annual project.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

ManiacClown posted:

Taco Bell Christmas is a good one.
I will bust out Christmas Mummy from time to time but my kiddo is terrified of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

Paladinus posted:

Thank you and thanks everyone for the kind comments. I love this project and am happy to finally contribute something again