Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
The thread title is correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

AndrewP posted:

The Steelers drag you into the mud and drown you in it

It's an incredible talent

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Agreed. I harbor no hate for the current version of the Steelers and Tomlin pulling out win after win with whatever the hell they are doing on offense is impressive. I heard them described as successfully pulling off what the Pats want to be and that feels about right. Although much like the Pats lost all hope when Gonzalez and Judon went down, if they ever lost TJ Watt it feels like that could be curtains for Pittsburgh, too. If their opponent can score 3 TDs they're in a world of pain

It's not often that you can say that a defensive player is keeping a team afloat, but man TJ Watt and Myles Garrett are both doing it in the same season.

Hell, to a lesser extent Maxx Crosby is, too, and now he no longer has McDaniels around to blow games

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

I wish the Jets and Steelers played because they’re essentially the same slopfest team that’ll play everyone to a 1 score game.

The game would end 2-2 or be a crazy shootout where both teams forget how defense works, no in between

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Nodoze posted:

Easy to say the 10 minutes when you already have multiple millions

That was my immediate thought as well lol. As long as Lamar or whoever manages his finances isn't reckless, he and his family will be set for the rest of their lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Febreeze posted:

It's really strange the Jets didn't go out and try to sign a different cheap backup over Zach Wilson. They were screwed when Rodgers went down but Wilson is one of the worst backups in the league and you'd think they'd have realized that after last year and picked up somebody like Trevor Simian or something. Hell even Josh Dobbs. Someone different they could throw out there. Nor did they try to pick one up at the trade deadline after it was clear Wilson still sucked rear end

So how much of the Jets not picking up a QB is on Rodgers? If there's one QB even he wouldn't be threatened by post-injury it's Wilson, so I can imagine him going "look, I'll be back sooner or later, Zach's fine, don't bother with that Dobbs guy" and using whatever influence he might have to help squash any QB moves so that he can come back and play hero once he's cleared.

Obviously the Rodgers contract is a huge reason why the Jets stayed out of the QB market, but knowing what we do about Aaron, I can't discount him being secretly thrilled by how bad Zach is