Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Imagine spending your last ever column writing about bears draft rumors. A fitting end to the terd that is Peter king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Combine was relevant up until the era of widespread televised games and internet. They should retool it to focus on small schools and lower divisions who for all intents and purposes still exist in that pre internet world where there is no tape on them or national exposure.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I would be a bad football guy cause I'd immediately take any player that's out there talking flat earth, antivax, homeopathy off my board completely. I will not brook dummies on my squad.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Smart move to use the hotel lobby wind advantage for your sizzle reel.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The only stat that matters is winz, don't know why so many morons think they can conjugate the perfect stats formulas.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

Sports are about fun first and the vast majority of fans prefer to cheer than analyze. I don't fault people for only paying attention to mock drafts and the potential #1 pick. It's not fun to watch hours of one guy running snaps over and over to make a guess on if he's worth the hype. I've also never gone full draft nerd talking to people in real life I just say yea man Calebs great.

Fun? FUN?

Sir...

Tell me about lineman 40 times

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

a neat cape posted:

If the Chargers trade out of 5 with MHJ on the board I'm jumping off of the San Diego Pier

Why would you drive all the way from LA just to do that?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

Sam Hinkie is one of the worst GMs in history and alienated every agent and player from ever joining the Sixers in an attempt to run his team like a madden franchise.

Presti is a great GM that's a bit shoddy at drafting but wheels and deals better than anyone.

You're just mad that this year is finally the year embiid lifts the big trophy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I still think the falcons taking Kyle Pitts was one of the absolute worst picks for team and player in recent years. Absolute waste of an incredible talent on a team so incredibly hosed up roster wise.

Doltos posted:

Good lord knows anyone can be a HOF center now if they have a podcast and wore a funny suit one time

Forever mad about my legendary mediocre center :smuggo:

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 23, 2024

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Calidus posted:

Eagle getting CB1 at 22 is dumb

I assure you the eagles have no loving clue how to use secondary players, haven't for decades.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Jokes on you though the paradigm has shifted qbs now aren't good until they hit their 30s, you want that old.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

I think Quinyon was far from CB1 and a project boom/bust pick.

I don't think the eagles have ever drafted a project secondary player and it worked out, in my entire life.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

mcmagic posted:

You can't be upest about drafting o line pretty much ever.

You can when it's a 26 yo guard from canada

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lmao this. either they didn’t realize how much they’d love Penix, they found out Kirk is more broken than we think, or they’re so shell shocked from having no QBs that they paid $100M to Kirk to be a bridge QB

Usually you meet the player you draft in the first round in my experience.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I don't know much about college football but a kid I taught in eighth grade got drafted to the Bengals so that's cool

Edit: oh no apparently he's a bad person uhhhh well I didn't teach him that I just taught him how to write essays

This is a HIPPA violation

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I love draft grades because it's the dumbest garbage and they are always funny. How can anyone look the bears being consensus best boys at drafting by virtue of having #1 and 9# overall while completely handwaving the punter pick in the 4th round and say yep this is a very serious and meaningful endeavour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

kiimo posted:

Washington: let's hire Kingsbury to run an air raid offense!

Also Washington: but hell no do we want a QB that has experience in two different variations of an air raid offense. Let's get a running QB instead

dumb teams staying dumb

hey maybe kliffy learned some new tricks over in thailand.