Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Master Stur posted:

I think the Chargers are making a mistake if they don't attempt to trade up for MHJ. You already have Herbert why not try to pair him with a generational #1 wr for his career? Look at the Bengals exploding when they got Chase for a recent example

Yall sleeping on Odunze. He'd be a better pick than bowers for.the chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Diva Cupcake posted:

Daniel Jeremiah's first mock. 3 QBs followed by 3 WRs.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1748418124154863762?s=20

Hmm i don't think the seahawks take a guard at 16. If that's their plan they will trade back into the 20s to get him

C- mock draft. Doesn't even conjecture where fields would go if the bears pick Williams #1

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lawrence was the number 1 recruit in country coming out of high school, won a national
Championship his first year starting, went back to the national championship the next year after an undefeated regular season, improved each year in college and has prototypical size and arm strength.

He was legitimately a generational prospect, he looked the part at basically every stop. Sometimes guys just don’t live up to their potential.

Nice hair too

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Mccarthy on the 1st to the seahawks is just so lazy. It reads like "don't know who the coach will be and geno is not the long term answer so here's a QB I guess"

Mccarthy is like the definition of JAG at the NFL level and who thinks he wouldn't be available in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway??

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

TheGreyGhost posted:

I’m waiting for people to watch enough Drake Maye tape to realize he’s a candidate for the Jake Locker “gently caress it I’m out” award for guys who do not protect themselves and take away all their actual advantages with stupid decision making and nonsense scrambles. Wanna find out what Josh Allen does if he isn’t a giant indestructible cyborg that got retaught how to play football? Sign here!

JJ is just the ultimate football guy horoscope. There’s no sample size for any throw on his tape so pick whatever you think is real. At all. Deep layers? Like 2-3. Hard outs? A few here and there. He literally never had to do anything and basically avoided putting outt bad tape by not putting out anything. If I had to guess, he’s more interception prone than we see, solely off of his motion doing a bit of aiming the ball like Watson or Zach Wilson. He has the tools to do quite a bit, but I hate his footwork on the run, he just kind of jumps and submarines himself into balls when he gathers, which works until someone cuts their grass differently and your cleats make you miss a guy 10 yards short into an NFL safety.

One of you needs to suck it up and draft Rattler. He’s still way too arrogant deep, but he’s going to throw some sick vertical concepts in between getting screamed at for turnovers

I did a few mocks during lunch and was able to get rattler in the 3rd a bunch. A good shot imo and if the hawks can't move up for Daniel's I'm all for rattler in the 3rd to sit behind geno for a year (as.of.jan 2023)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

No Butt Stuff posted:

Raiders just trade their first for Justin Fields. So simple.

Honestly wayyy better than taking mccarthy at 13

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If the hawks aren't gonna make a play for Jayde Daniel's I would love a magical trade down and drafting of sweat. We need a big ol boy I'm the center so bad

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

https://x.com/RayGQue/status/1753214153798332766?s=20

I'm 99% sure this is the QB of the future for the Vikings.

Future seahawk. Get him in the 4th. Sit him behind geno as the hawks clear à bunch of cap this year. Let's gooo

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

BlindSite posted:

I still just don't see JJ going before the 3rd.

Also thanks for the recs for the small school guys to look into.

Seattle ESPN radio is already manufacturing consent for JJ at 16. I personally would hate it for the start of the post Pete era

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

IcePhoenix posted:

This just gives me a little extra hope that the pats decide to take MHJ or Nabers to throw the draft into chaos

I think they are a prime trade.down candidate could sidering their roster sucks and they need as juch as possible. Some team might be willing to give. Ahaul for maye/daniels

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

trevonte sweat weighed in at 366 (!) And he prepped for the combine. How often was he playijg at 400 at Texas

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Green Bay is trying to trade CWat. It'll probably take a 3rd or future 2nd-round pick. He can be so good, but his hammy's man.

Why are they trying to trade him? Who else do they have at WR??

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

QBs should definitely go 1, 2, 3, and 4

This feels almost 50/50 happening now. Depends on the cards. Hard to pass up any of the top 3 WR and WR is a total.need for them

All I know that whoever is going to get odunze is getting the best WR. Dude can do it all. I'm so hyped to see him in the NFL and herbs throwing to him would be choice

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Grozz Nuy posted:

It would be so hysterical if the Broncos took Bo Nix 12th overall... because the Vikings beat them to taking JJ McCarthy

I'm aurprised he didn't have the raiders take penix

6 qbs in the top 13 lesss goooo

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SKULL.GIF posted:

Draft the weed guy

I'm very much "draft the weed guy" avoid " the DUI Guy"

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If MHJ wasn't named Marvin Harrison junior then Odunze would be rated the best WR in this draft. I'm UW Homer and I don't even think this is ghat big of a Homer take

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

If odunze somehow made it to 9 and the bears don't draft him then lmao they are doomed to fail.

Caleb Williams throwing to odunze, dj Moore, and Allen makes them an instant 10 top offense

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Play posted:

Yeah yeah, I really do know all that. It's still surprising to me, somehow. The fact is that teams have access to a lot of information that the media and the general public do not, which you would think would give them a huge advantage. Knowing these prospects personally, private workouts, meetings, whiteboard sessions, etc. etc. But they're really, actually not any better than if you just compared them to a standard consensus big board. Or barely better, perhaps.

Evaluating human beings, even in one very specific area, is very complicated it turns out! Who would've thought.

And agreed, the whole conclusion of that paper is trade down as often as you can, especially if it's a small trade down but accumulates an extra pick. And even more especially if you can get future picks, which are consistently undervalued.

Volume will result in quality eventually, through both skill and luck. Or maybe it won't, because it's so random that a string of bad luck could ruin every single pick you got for trading down.

In conclusion: nothing matters get your guy

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

As someone who watched or listened to every single husky game last year, penix is a definite "gonna huck it to prevent a sack" guy which definitely impacts overall completion percentage but also a lot of those was because inside pressure forces him off his spot.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

A lot of smoke that Jets want to trade up for a WR.

Insane. Be happy with bowers or take a tackle

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pron on VHS posted:

Happy with any receiver, don't want an OT at 32. Intrigued by a risky trade up to grab someone sweet

Seahawks will be your huckleberry

(To trade up with)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

kiimo posted:

Penix okay?

I wouldn't be mad at the 32nd pick but his floor is the raiders at 13 imo

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Daniel Jeremiah's Final Mock Draft:

1. Bears: Caleb Williams
  2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels
  3. Patriots: Drake Maye
  4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr
  5. Chargers: JC Latham
  6. Giants: Malik Nabers
  7. Titans: Joe Alt
  8. Falcons: Dallas Turner
  9. Bears: Olu Fashanu
  10. Jets: Rome Odunze
  11. Vikings: JJ McCarthy
  12. Eagles (Trade): Taliese Fuaga
  13. Raiders: Michael Penix Jr
  14. Saints: Troy Fautanu
  15. Colts: Brock Bowers
  16. Seahawks: Terrion Arnold
  17. Jaguars: Quinyon Mitchell
  18. Bengals: Byron Murphy II
  19. Commanders (Trade): Amarius Mims
  20. Steelers: Tyler Guyton
  21. Dolphins: Johnny Newton
  22. Broncos (Trade): Bo Nix
  23. Vikings: Chop Robinson
  24. Cowboys: Graham Barton
  25. Packers: Cooper DeJean
  26. Buccaneers: Jared Verse
  27. Cardinals: Laiatu Latu
  28. Bills: Brian Thomas Jr
  29. Lions: Kool-Aid McKinstry
  30. Ravens: Nate Wiggins
  31. 49ers: Xavier Worthy
  32. Chiefs: Adonai Mitchell

This draft sucks. Seahawks stick and pick a fuckin corner ??? The Seahawks are trading fuckin back to someone who wants to take a corner at 16
Chargers don't take the WR2??? BEARS DONT TAKE ODUNZE?

Draft is this dudes life and he just shits this poo poo out??? God I wish I could get into his grift

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

No trrion will be there at 16 for the eagles to trade with the seahawks. You will pick Nix at 12 and like it

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

There are almost 400 pepeiple reading TFF right now but only the same ol 15 or so running their mouths in this and the other threads. Show yourselves lurkers post your hawt draft takes.

Here are some of mine:

Still believe penixs floor is number 13

JJ McCarthy is manufactured consent and has strong Mac Jones vibes and will not be good

Odunze is the WR1 (Homer take)

There will be no running backs drafted until the 3rd round (probably my hottest take)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Loving the Byron Murphy pick for the seahawks. Mcdonald has been quoted as saying he wants the defense to be "a wall" and I day BUILD THE WALL

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

R.D. Mangles posted:

The hype for Williams is insane considering that every single bears quarterback draft pick has failed.

The Williams odunze first round haul has to be an all time great at face value. Can't believe odunze fell to 9.

All around tremendous draft. A lot of fun. 14 straight offensive players was nuts. Big penix energy. 6 qbs in the top 12. Amazing. A draft that we will talk about for many years. Which 4 qbs flame out and which 2 ascend to stardom?

I still think bo Nix at 12 is worse than penix at 8. The broncos roster has nothing. Did they think the raiders were gonna take Nix at 13?? Also poor raiders. The Bowers pick looked like "uh poo poo literally everyone on offense we wanted is gone. Bowers I guess"

Also surprised first defensive player off the board was broken neck guy. Like you can pick ANY defensive player and you take broken neck guy?? No worries here. Allowed the hawks mto get Murphy who is gonna be Aaron Donald lite

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Broncos also said Bo Nix was their QB3 and they were the team faking trading up to 10 in order to force the Vikings to trade up.

Why? Who knows. Only the Jets gained on that one.

https://twitter.com/dailybroncos/status/1783916378015035773?s=46

Then puppet master defense for picking bo nix

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

10 UW huskies drafted is loving dope

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Mega64 posted:

I hope one day my team can get an A+ draft endorsement from PFF.

Someone post the A+ PFF drafts from 3 years ago and let's see if they hold any water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

A Sneaker Broker posted:

2021 A+ Draft Grades from PFF:

• Bears
  • Patriots
  • Chargers