Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Barudak posted:

It reads like a goddamn japanese light novel title.

lol

"That Time I Reincarnated as an Owner of the Washington Commanders and Lost to the New York Football Giants 31-19"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Shinji2015 posted:

lol

"That Time I Reincarnated as an Owner of the Washington Commanders and Lost to the New York Football Giants 31-19"

These Isekais are getting ridiculous.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

"That Time I Reincarnated as an Owner of the Washington Commanders and got pounded in the butt by the New York Football Giants 31-19," from 2 time Hugo nominated...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If Denver beats Cleveland and Houston, they have a great chance at the playoffs! Thats nuts considering they looked like one of the worst teams ever at the start.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
From the second quarter of the Washington game through the third quarter of the Chicago game (10 quarters, which includes 70-20), the Broncos scored 53 points and allowed 130; in the other 30 quarters this season they have scored 164 and allowed 138.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

a neat cape posted:

I don't have words.

Somehow this will get blamed on herbert because he isn't a winner

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1726347920222626248?t=2JJV_KQGrkK80yeqs2bQ0w&s=19

I know he's a rookie but as someone watching the game he might be the worst WR playing atm :smith:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

feller posted:

Josh McDaniels
Mike McDaniel

The easy way to remember the difference between (Mike) McDaniel & (Josh) McDaniels is that the extra "s" is for "suuuuucks."

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

The easy way to remember the difference between (Mike) McDaniel & (Josh) McDaniels is that the extra "s" is for "suuuuucks."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1726631054734495861?t=fjfsj4j7WcS-LRl5jg2rZg&s=19

My dude is trying to decepticon himself into a missile before impact. Jackson is on a whole other dirty plain of existence.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1726631054734495861?t=fjfsj4j7WcS-LRl5jg2rZg&s=19

My dude is trying to decepticon himself into a missile before impact. Jackson is on a whole other dirty plain of existence.

How was that not flagged

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Target locked

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

haljordan posted:

How was that not flagged

It also caused a turnover which led to 3 points, which would have swung the game to the Vikings!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

Target locked

Take the dog to hell.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cognac McCarthy posted:

It also caused a turnover which led to 3 points, which would have swung the game to the Vikings!

Looks like the ball is coming out before he makes contact.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

suspend that headhunting moron forever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Looks like the ball is coming out before he makes contact.

would the penalty still impact that as it happened before the recovery? idk how the timing works there

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

haljordan posted:

How was that not flagged

Even the announcers and Terry McAulay said it should have been flagged

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also it seems like launching yourself head first like that is a great way to break your own neck

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I wonder how much the bounty Payton put on Dobbs paid out

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

haljordan posted:

Also it seems like launching yourself head first like that is a great way to break your own neck

Nothing ventured nothing gained

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Traxis posted:

Gregggg is not on staff, 2/10 joke

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Traxis posted:

Nothing. He's just an overachiever!!! :downs:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Gonz posted:

The Steelers have gone 58 straight games gaining fewer than 400 total yards.

It is the longest streak in the league.

Does Matt Canada have some sort of blackmail material on the ownership?

He's a nepotism hire that Tomlin can push around and the owner is extremely cheap and never fires anyone mid season.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So does this mean that their defense is elite to be able to hold teams at bay? Because in that context can you imagine an actual offensive lineup

The defense stinks and is going to get much worse as the season goes on and injuries are starting to pile up. The only thing they do well is create turnovers which is somewhat luck dependent.

The team emits an aura of trash that causes temporary insanity in pretty much everyone they play so they do the dumbest poo poo possible all game long. Those that don't get affected by that aura just blow them out. The Steelers are the Iowa of the nfl. This team absolutely sucks to watch play every single week

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This sort of thing is what makes me roll my eyes at defensive players complaining about taking out things like hip drop tackles. They wring their hands all “golly gee how am I going to stop someone now” when half the time instead of just tackling someone they throw themselves bodily at them hoping for ????

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1726669235760382043

What is this team doing to herbie

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sane thing they did to Rivers

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

i dont actually mind his dumb homerism that much (other than him carrying water for an already dead roethlisburger the one season and then crowning pickett during training camp), a lot of it is clearly played for laughs in the afcn whiparound. he's just a really bad writer - his articles are like middle school level prose.

the big thing was the athletic also used to have ed bouchette for the steelers who was really good (they poached him from the pittsburgh gazette similar to zrebiec getting poached from the baltimore sun). he unfortunately retired just last year, though, so now its literally just kaboly

I haven’t been thrilled with the Pats beat writer either. After the Buffalo win he poo poo out this article about how we all need to hold our horses, maybe Mac Jones and late stage Belichick really ARE exactly what this team needs and it’s all about to come together.

Then they proceed to lose 3 in a row culminating in that dogshit Germany game and Mac gets loving benched lmao. The Athletic seems to be struggling.

Gonz posted:

The Steelers have gone 58 straight games gaining fewer than 400 total yards.

It is the longest streak in the league.

Does Matt Canada have some sort of blackmail material on the ownership?

Every time the question of why Canada is still employed comes up they double down and promote him or increase his role even further somehow. It’s really something.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Quality of Athletic has decreased noticeably last couple years

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Quality of Athletic has decreased noticeably last couple years

Yeah, I cancelled my subscription when they cut a bunch of beat writers. They sold it initially as a place where you could get into the weeds on any team you wanted and now it’s getting closer and closer to being the USA Today sports section.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

HER ERT

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

The Athletic should have kept to its original premise: pay for good quality sports journalism. Then they brought in ads. Then they started consolidating local coverage. Then they sold to NYT. Then NYT fired their sports team. Then they downsized The Athletic writing staff again.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Freaquency posted:

Yeah, I cancelled my subscription when they cut a bunch of beat writers. They sold it initially as a place where you could get into the weeds on any team you wanted and now it’s getting closer and closer to being the USA Today sports section.

The comments section is :yiikes:

I have access thru my NY Times sub but it's definitely not anything I'd pay extra for.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 21, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Omne posted:

The Athletic should have kept to its original premise: pay for good quality sports journalism. Then they brought in ads. Then they started consolidating local coverage. Then they sold to NYT. Then NYT fired their sports team. Then they downsized The Athletic writing staff again.

That doesn't attract enough business. As much as people hate it the ESPN model is the most successful and the thing fans respond to most.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My Natural Tackling Motion

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Doltos posted:

That doesn't attract enough business. As much as people hate it the ESPN model is the most successful and the thing fans respond to most.

It absolutely attracts enough business so long as you’re not capitalism brained into believing profits have to go up at ever increasing rates in perpetuity.

It’s super frustrating to watch good businesses set up successful systems only to get bought out by a conglomerate that ruins the original product in a search for ever greater profits.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It absolutely attracts enough business so long as you’re not capitalism brained into believing profits have to go up at ever increasing rates in perpetuity.

It’s super frustrating to watch good businesses set up successful systems only to get bought out by a conglomerate that ruins the original product in a search for ever greater profits.

Boy that'd be a terrible way to run something like say hospitals.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Does Pickett know you're not allowed to throw the ball to the white parts on the side of the field? Steelers could improve dramatically if someone tells him what "out of bounds" means.

Or he'd throw more picks.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Asproigerosis posted:

Boy that'd be a terrible way to run something like say hospitals.

Shush you filthy hippy, you’ll die from an easily treatable illness after being driven to bankruptcy and you’ll like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was kind of under the impression that the Athletic was always structured the way it was, pay top dollar to attract top tier sports journalism talent and make yourself an elite name in sports coverage as a loss leader, with the intention to get bought by some bigger entity and then parachute the gently caress outta there the instant the ink was dry.