Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

RBX posted:

Are we sure she isn't still injured and waiting til DoN for that reason

That's the prevailing theory in the thread, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All I know is Mercedes hasn't had a good segment yet and so far nothing is really doing her any favors

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah so where are all the people who are drawn to watching her on tv because they sure don’t seem to be watching AEW right now

I think it's pretty obvious that you killed all of them so you could come make your little posts in this thread. Pretty messed up thing to do. I dunno. I personally wouldn't kill hundreds of thousands of people just to say a wrestler isn't a draw.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MJeff posted:

I mean, was that the only date they could get at the TD Garden between now and Memorial Day weekend? Not like it’s gonna be in much demand after the Bruins’ annual first round flameout.

👿

😔

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the sasha stan army was a server farm in stamford

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

👿

😔

Better than the Wings' annual "entire last two loving months of the season" flameout.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jade is everything you want in a wrestler. Freak body, big moves, empty head

hair flip pump kick jaded pay me. Shes the best and i very much enjoyed her matches

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

blunt posted:

Jade chat reminds me that I miss Smart Mark Sterling. Has he been banished to the internet promotion?

Currently he's only managing the Premier Athletes (Tony Nese and Josh Woods), who haven't been focused much lately, but they've had airtime at Supercard of Honor (adding Ariya Daivari) and at the following show.

Uh...yes. Though RoH is good and you should check it out!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jade was good. Wish she had a higher ceiling but I liked seeing her do a cool move and win.

MJeff posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that you killed all of them so you could come make your little posts in this thread. Pretty messed up thing to do. I dunno. I personally wouldn't kill hundreds of thousands of people just to say a wrestler isn't a draw.

Really hosed up that he would do this :/ Almost as hosed up as CM Punk refusing to gain those 300 lbs. so he could be a physical match for Joe. Sad times we live in.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

MJeff posted:

Jade is a good stander.

She is not a good wrestler or talker.

I don't know, she did once tell Tay Conti that nobody cared about that karate poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
She has some good lines occasionally, I liked "That Bitch" and "Cut the poo poo, Tony." a lot when she came up with them, but it felt like she was always a few steps away from putting it all together into consistently good promos. The "Cut the poo poo" line got suuuuuuuuper run into the ground by the end of her run.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jade is everything you want in a wrestler. Freak body, big moves, empty head

If you like Sid you have no reason not to like Jade.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jade never screamed WHYYYYY MEEEE WHYYYY MEEEEEE so that's one reason.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I unironically love Jade Cargill but not enough to regularly follow her WWE career. I wish her the best and hope she tours Stardom or NJPW after her WWE run.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jade owns but now she will never wrestle again she's like female brock lesnar she shows up once a year buries someone and vanishes back to canada

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

C. Everett Koop posted:

If you like Sid you have no reason not to like Jade.

Big boot from the top rope that shatters your own leg vs. Big boot that connects with your opponent's thigh because you have the flexibility of modern day Matt Hardy.

It's a close one!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
whiny city riot

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

MJeff posted:

fake hater

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just have too much love for God's creatures to beat even a single C*dy fan to death. I'm sorry.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

MJeff posted:

I just have too much love for God's creatures to beat even a single C*dy fan to death. I'm sorry.

This is what's wrong with America these days 😔

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm watching Dynamite and have actually now seen the Punk segment in full (as opposed to clips) and omg so bad. It's so much worse than I thought.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm watching Dynamite and have actually now seen the Punk segment in full (as opposed to clips) and omg so bad. It's so much worse than I thought.

yeah he looks like a loon right

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah he looks like a loon right

Punk is an absolute muppet who in reality shouldn't have "won" the situation, but I can absolutely see why he and his fans feel smug after that segment.

The FTR promo was much more enjoyable but I still don't like the referencing other promotions nonsense. I don't think I've ever liked it. The rest of the show has been pretty good.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

The Punk tape backfired because Tony Khan sadly overestimated the intelligence of 85% of wrestling fans.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He was trying to pop a quarter and he did. You can argue the short-sightedness of that, but I think he knew what he was doing.

The more I think about it, I think they should've aired the footage and brought Jack back on the same night. There needed to be some kinda big angle to go with it and that would've counted.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

He should have split it. Play the first part of the footage, right before it got physical, then have the bucks encounter technical difficulties. Then play the rest later in the show. This way you show the audience early on that you are going to be showing the real footage, but also getting them to stick around for the whole show.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

MJeff posted:

He was trying to pop a quarter and he did. You can argue the short-sightedness of that, but I think he knew what he was doing.

The more I think about it, I think they should've aired the footage and brought Jack back on the same night. There needed to be some kinda big angle to go with it and that would've counted.

I guess it was more that I was hoping showing the footage would change a few minds, idk. Instead the idiots have gotten louder.

It would have been better if there was a stronger show to hook viewers who watched just for the tape, though a mid Dynamite is still a great wrestling show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

aew took a chunk out of survivor, dropping to .69 in the key demo with 4.36 million viewers.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

STING 64 posted:

aew took a chunk out of survivor, dropping to .69 in the key demo with 4.36 million viewers.

jeff probst in the loving mud

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Goblin Queen posted:

jeff probst in the loving mud

Jack Perry sends his regards, Jeff, you little poo poo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jack Perry should come back but renamed as See 'em Dunk

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dustin Rhodes sharing a birthday steak with his dog and he used yhe same fork and people are disgusted

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jack Perry vs. Shota Umino was really somethin'. I'm kinda all the way back in on him now.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

playing the tape two days before Jack Perry wrestled in Chicago seems to have worked?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

Jack Perry vs. Shota Umino was really somethin'. I'm kinda all the way back in on him now.

My only trepidation was if he'd be able to lean into the heat in a productive way but uh, yeah, he sure fuckin' did.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Welcome back

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

that's the scapeGOAT for you

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Like the excursion did Jack good and Tony should send some talent needing some polish on a short tour but also I agree with you that heat would of been great on an AEW ahow

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a.lo posted:

Dustin Rhodes sharing a birthday steak with his dog and he used yhe same fork and people are disgusted

dustin is based as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dustin rhodes loves his dog unlike the perfidious cody