Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

did anyone look into the copywrite strikes on the fight footage? helwani claims it came from jacksonville (aew). seems weird because not even aew reposted the footage on their youtube page so whats really the claim even if its fan recording in the arena?

It's a copyright troll abusing twitter's DMCA system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Pylons posted:

It's a copyright troll abusing twitter's DMCA system.

Phil?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Shard posted:

he's actually really good since coming to AEW. Like probably the best babyface promo in the company, no joke.
I had some time to check it out and you know what, it's true. That was a great promo. Kind of shocked, tho, that when he said some variation on "do you hear that?" the crowd was just above a WWE quiet murmur. Idk when it scheduled in the rhythm of the live show but a crowd ought to know when a good promo is being cut and act accordingly. Get some ringers in there.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

punk made jack perry look dumb just so that he could make himself sound like the responsible backstage leader and perry hit back and punk immediately proved he’s not a responsible backstage leader

punk has been doing too much “dumb internet poo poo” and doesn’t have thick enough skin about it when called out

airing backstage dirty laundry to the dirtsheets is bad, except when Punk does it of course

The Pic
Nov 23, 2019
I don't know but I've been told

AEW Tix sales are mighty cold

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Pic posted:

I don't know but I've been told

AEW Tix sales are mighty cold

Doesn't fit the metre. You could have just said "Ticket sales" and it would have worked. Try again.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Cody parodys taught me this forum is rhythmically challenged

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

adrenaline
in my soul
EMF is a bitch

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

my father said
“hire drake younger”

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cody loads

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
buying tickets to aew atm just to sit there with my arms crossed and shaking my head in disproval

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

buying tickets to aew atm just to sit there with my arms crossed and shaking my head in disproval

Sounds like some football fans I grew up with

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Wasn't there someone who actually did this?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
theres plently of history or people going to wrestling shows just to cross their arms and shake their head, or even turn their back on the ring

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Hefty Leftist posted:

adrenaline
in my soul
EMF is a bitch

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

This is my plan for when I go to Universal and ride the Harry Potter rides.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
last time i went to an aew show ric flair debuted so my condolences for when Matt Riddle debuts or something

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

KungFu Grip posted:

last time i went to an aew show ric flair debuted so my condolences for when Matt Riddle debuts or something

Flair has one last run on top in him. Strap him up.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

theres plently of history or people going to wrestling shows just to cross their arms and shake their head, or even turn their back on the ring

Well yes, I suppose the Undertaker is immortal and will always deserve respect.

I meant some guy highlighted in the bad social media takes thread a while ago was posting about how he bought front row tickets to Dynamite or Rampage or one of those shows, sat there and went home as some sort of own on Tony.

Like mate, Tony owns himself plenty. He doesn't need your help.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Sandman fan is a legend to this day

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

Wasn't there someone who actually did this?

That was JR and he was paid to be there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

tao of lmao posted:

Sandman fan is a legend to this day

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

That was JR and he was paid to be there.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FNDYJ44.mp4

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Honestly a legend

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

this was the first guy I thought of when the topic came up

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Legend.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I wonder what he's up to now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, lesse, Hogan's WCW run lasted from 1994 to 2000, but for the middle chunk of that, he was Hollywood Hogan and this is red and yellow Hogan, so it's either before or after 96.

Man looks around 40s-50s. Probably not 60s.

1994 was 30 years ago.

So I'm gonna say he's.....

Alive. Probably.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Based on what I'm guessing is Savage's gear I feel comfortable guessing that's pre-nWo, I don't think Savage wore anything but leather during Hogan's second red and yellow run.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Based on what I'm guessing is Savage's gear I feel comfortable guessing that's pre-nWo, I don't think Savage wore anything but leather during Hogan's second red and yellow run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/324msk/biggest_four_horseman_fan/

Reddit link and all that, but Sting is in surfer gear and still has some blonde. It's gotta be '95-'96 era.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

MJeff posted:

Well, lesse, Hogan's WCW run lasted from 1994 to 2000, but for the middle chunk of that, he was Hollywood Hogan and this is red and yellow Hogan, so it's either before or after 96.

Man looks around 40s-50s. Probably not 60s.

1994 was 30 years ago.

So I'm gonna say he's.....

Alive. Probably.

he's probably not that old, back in 1994 that's what 30 year olds looked like sorry

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

*sadly turns dial towards "Dead"*

Parallax posted:

he's probably not that old, back in 1994 that's what 30 year olds looked like sorry

*optimistically turns dial back towards "Alive?"*

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he saw hogan get "IMMORTAL" tattooed on his back and took that as a personal challenge

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its alliance to end hulkamania era, probably around the doomsday cage

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was the south in 1995 and that fan was 38 years old

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cavauro posted:

it was the south in 1995 and that fan was 38 years old

I would have followed that guy's twitter

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
If it was just ripping up the Hogan merch, that's kind of lame (gently caress Hogan tho). But throwing up the symbol for excellence at the end? King poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he looks like a trucker and thats badass