Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I only watch AEW media scrums where the audio is pitched down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

The thing is - it could have worked. Hell I did like his developing friendship with Adam especially up to All In. But his character has become stale, and as his challengers become more and more credible his usual crap about acting like they aren't on his level is just dumb. Like when he said Jay you really think you're on my level and loses his mind. That works when he's a heel and talks poo poo about Bryan Danielson but not as a face.

I honestly don't know how much more I can type about it - I am just tired of his act.

MJF as a face was entertaining when he was learning the power of friendship. Now he's a babyface that is just being a dick to people for no reason and we're supposed to cheer that?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

MJF's the champ, Sammy's hurt/on paternity leave, JB's the devil (probably), Darby's climbing Mount Everest. It wasn't a matter of them being purposefully excluded.

Lol it's like Homer At The Bat

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if jack perry is the devil i’m taking a 3 month break from aew

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m too lazy to come up with a punishment but yeah just probe me for 90 days so i’m not tempted to post

Donation to a charity for REAL GLASSes for needy kids? Or glass recycling efforts? :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

If only he had improv training

"I have a follow up question, Tony: yes, and?"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

To avoid exactly what happened last night.

You always treat things like this like it's the first time, doesn't matter if that's how it's been done for years. Maybe there's a new reporter there that doesn't know that's how it goes. What's the big deal with saying something like that beforehand?

It's not worth the risk and now Tony looks pretty dumb in talking about a serious issue while dressed completely unserious. If something had been brought up beforehand he could have said he'll address it later. For that matter that's how he should have answered it anyway.

I have to think they prep the room before Tony sits down / the scrum actually starts.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Mone is 14 not being on TV at all in 2023 and being injured for over half of it. WWE doesn't think she's worth more than loving Charlotte. :laffo:

HHH is a Flair mark :shrug:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tonfa posted:

The Codyverse and whatever echoes of it happen in the fed are the last bastion of must-see wrestling TV, love my rollercodester.

Cody gonna come back and show E&C how to go through a flaming table the right way.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did your weekly telegraph just arrive

lmao this just made me imagine someone who's really plugged in to the dirtsheets but it's literally only the weekly paper WON.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

yeah its really easy to say that at the time when SIOG was winding down and The Acclaimed were super hot, and now The Acclaimed are super over-exposed and SIOG never really got to finish out their feud

Over exposed? They've been on TV once in at least a month and haven't had any actual feuds since winning the trios belts. (A major problem with the trios belts)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

neoaxd posted:

Get him on that Brian Cage diet of, uhh, "chicken breast and egg whites"

lol he's already on enough gear he had to get gyno surgery.

Also, you're looking for "one chicken breast, two asparagus" :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Squall posted:

AEW needs to do a big loving tag tournament to remind themselves that they have good tag teams.

This because I've

dromal phrenia posted:

been yellin about no tag matches for a while now, and im at this point with it. book tag matches or perish

:hai:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

post hole digger posted:

About an hour later another asserted, "Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is All Elite." The Lurker replied, "Man, I don't know what you're talking about!" Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed. Tony turned and looked straight at The Lurker. Then The Lurker remembered the word Tony had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times." And he went outside and wept bitterly.

What is Terry Taylor doing in AEW? WHAT JUST HAPPENED!?!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shard posted:

lol the idea that punk is like this force of nature that Hangman let out of Pandora's Box. Hangman had an off the cuff comment that 99 percent of other performers would have let slide.

My favorite thing is after Brawl Out, everyone went back to that "worker's rights" clip and went "that is what set Punk off??"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Vince McMahon still influencing wrestling

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That Dynamite flew by. Felt like a return to form for me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It was funny to me how the crowd went from hootin' and hollerin' the whole time until Sammy/Ricky where they sat on their hands and only popped for spots.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

trios division sucked from day 1. there was never enough dedicated teams to have a division.

Nah. Not when Death Triangle/Elite best of seven is part of it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nick is the balding brother

Can't wait for Nicholas to remove his hat to reveal a full head of hair

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lucifunk posted:

Maybe they should run Chicago another 7 or 8 times a year.

I'm just mad I was sick for the Phoenix show and now I'm sick for the New Orleans show.

Still plenty of tickets left for this next Phoenix show.

No seriously it's selling terribly because they booked the same week as the Phoenix Open.

Last year they opened every section. This year it's only hard cam side.

e: for WrestleTix post:
https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1748348432232681796

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 23, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

Adam Cole got zero reaction last night

That's because he wasn't wearing the Halo gear

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

I was stunned when they announced a match that was TWO WEEKS AWAY last night. Felt like I was back in 2020.

That's because it was for this show:

Dango Bango posted:

Still plenty of tickets left for this next Phoenix show.

No seriously it's selling terribly because they booked the same week as the Phoenix Open.

Last year they opened every section. This year it's only hard cam side.

e: for WrestleTix post:
https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1748348432232681796

(I am very curious to see how many tickets moved with the Sting announcement. A couple of floor seats I was watching on the secondary market sold immediately after the announcement was made.)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I was tempted to try and sneak into some of the empty hard cam seats when the crowd started to empty out for the ROH matched the two times I went to Collision but I chickened out :(

I did this in Phoenix last year for Rampage and had the time of my life. 10/10 highly recommend.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

He was resined. He has been encased in resin.

lol I can totally hear a JR call "The Resinous Ogogo"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I'm very excited for a popular injury-prone WWE Superstar to come in, with their own lackey in tow, with probable expectations that they should be the biggest thing on the show because they're a former WWE Superstar, and have Tony bend over backwards for them. They even get a big specially branded debut show in their home town! There's absolutely no way this will blow up in anyone's face. There's simply no precedent for that happening.

The pitched-down Moné scrum is gonna be hilarious

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

thats papa buck

"You are NOT the father!!"

Christian, in the crowd: :twisted:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

glad they hired a new live events guy

Yeah what changed where they're only running half the venues? Ticket prices? Diminishing returns for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. time in a city?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pylons posted:

Not to bring forums lore into hellthread, but was Mel the Saudi Arabia shill?

Yeah

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Max caster is never gonna rap again

He forgot what's past "yo, listen"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is how the triple crown should be defended

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

On The Internet posted:

Alright, just cancel all plans with Kingdom, Cole, and Wardlow. We can keep Roddy, but everything else is trash compared to what we have with everything else in this roster.

NJPW > NXT

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah after listening to it again, that song loving suuucks. It's a mid-2000s Raw theme.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cavauro posted:

it's illegal for darby to do it. you must be this tall to summit everest

loving :lol: this is my new favorite Cav post.

It made me picture Darby climbing Everest in his huge lifts lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

It stands for Constantly Eating Oranges. She can't get enough of em.

Be careful OC :ohdear:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1768716643033632788

lmao god dammit dude announce this match more than a loving day in advance I'm loving begging you

He thinks everyone is as terminally online as he is and we are.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You announce a tourney to coincide with March madness. You give the Infantry promo time. Then they only get a play-in win before losing to FTR instead of a little Cinderella run to put them over.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh lol I mixed up the bracket when posting and thought the Infantry had a winnable wild card match :doh:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Need a good name to show how we don’t like the Infantry

How about Indifferentry

KungFu Grip posted:

thought the collision crowd was kinda bad last night. even when there was chants they felt muffled and quiet i dunno. also think i might have over hyped myself on what a shibata/danielson match would like since it was a dream match and both men are not what they are from years ago

The crowd giving ZERO reaction to that disgusting submission Trish put Julia in was what caused me to complain about them in the GDT.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

yea ok posted:

Copeland vs Christian was announced 2 weeks ago. the ticket sales increased a ton this last week only

Copeland's WWE promo seg pulled in the fans brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

i bought tickets to a show in montreal but didn't wind up going because it was at the same time that car blew up on the border and i didn't want the hassle. so i sold the tickets and ticket master sent me a goddamned check in canadian dollars like what am i supposed to do with this? i can't do a digital deposit and my credit union is like 250 miles away so ive got a check for $153 canadian dollars and id probably spend that in gas to deposit it.

gently caress you ticketmaster!!!

and tony, send me money thanks

Oh hey I got to deal with this last year. Ticketmaster refused to send me a check in American dollars. Ended up having to change banks to be able to deposit the check lol. (It was worth it because said bank had high-yield savings options :shrug:)