Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I have to agree with whoever it was that said Miro clearly is into angles where his hot and flexible wife is paired up with other guys

Yeah it...looks fuckin weird now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Why the hell is Briscoe considered a bad addition to the tournament? I'll take him over either of the Hardys or pretty Peter or some other blank space on the roster.

A lot of this is booking chickens coming home to roost. Of course someone like Nemeth or Avalon or the Dark Order aren't going to be winning anything major, they've been booked like complete fuckin goobers for years now. And yes, there's always going to be usual winners and usual losers, but if you're not willing to shake things up a little bit and surprise people short term then poo poo like this tournament and people's expectations for it are gonna be in the mud. A percentage of your roster may as well not exist with how low the bar is set for them by the audience. Emi Sakura getting occasional TV time now is like the shock of the fuckin year, by the way.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

When he gets injured TK'll make it up to Okada by having him come in to lose a 4th time

Yeah if you want AEW Hell let me tell you how fuckin dumbshit it is to have Okada come in and just lose repeatedly.

Always gonna be an attraction, but hey let's kill a lil of his shine against a guy who can't wrestle him without breaking. I'm absolutely sore about this, yes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fez_machine posted:

lol already deep into the making poo poo up and goon illiteracy parts of a hate thread

If I could read this post I'd probably hate it

.....bitch!!!!!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

Disagree I sincerely think more companies should be openly telling their customers and prospective customers to go gently caress themselves sometimes

At least it’s honest

Can I interest you in a Comcast plan?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I don't want to hear another bad word about Hangman being world champ when it's a loving miracle his Adam Cole feud wasn't complete death.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
NXT with the most epic pranks of all time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

i read report that the end of aew is being tied to the sting retirement angle and will be a 'multiversal event' featuring njpw and aew and even wwe stars. john hausman of haus of wrestling reported yesterday that it will be like the marvel endgame with the big armies charging at each other and that's going to be aew + njpw led by mjf and adam cole versus' cody rhodes wwe army. a big battle royale fought to a standstill with all the big beloved stars and something special for the gals too. hard cut to the main event, its the OG three, kenny omega, jon moxley and sting staring down the big dog roman reigns and his island of relevancy. all seems lost when sting throws the bat to kenny - woah, he is worthy? he hits the juggernaut for the 1. 2. no! its broken up by seth rollins and.... the REAL dean ambrose? the shield is reunited. spear! the big dog stacks them and pins. ding ding ding. aew is over. of course aspects of this could change in the months to come

i didn't read that report but so help me god i will defend anyone who dares challenge you on this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

Jack Perry is trending and it's all WWE fans going "Thanks Jack :D" and disgust at the idea of him being the Devil, lol.

Feels like both sides of the divide should be thanking Jack Perry. Seems to have done everyone a favor. Most people don't want AIDs, but I guess WWE's got their bug chasers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MotU posted:

It’s hosed up you’re calling several hundred thousand wrestling fans “aids” because that’s what’s WWE got gift wrapped from Tiny

If everyone is happy with the transaction what's the harm, really

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah the modern Cody love feels like cope

I wouldn't go that far, but it had definitely hit a wall. Something had to give, and Cody made the call he did. It sucks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW has failed in one major category, and that is showing me people get fuckin obliterated by The Rainmaker.

They're still an absolutely reprehensible company in this regard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fez_machine posted:

yeah Hangman sucks.....blood out of a man's face

Begrudgingly agree

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

If only I was allowed to be involved in cool stories says the guy who was in a cool story until he got his millionth DUI

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nick Wayne's mom has been a factor from the jump, so it made sense.

I get it bugging people regardless, since it was a match I think people have wanted from the second Copeland was signed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

We're, like a month removed from them losing to Jericho/Omega in a match that was still really good even if it had to follow Hangman/Swerve which was a loving impossible match to follow, throwing a tantrum, and shutting down their youtube show with Brandon Cutler doing a bunch of spoof dirt sheet posts.

oh no

You put it like that and it's clearer than ever

Prayin 4 thos claifonria boys rn

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KungFu Grip posted:

also re: bucks, that match vs ftr at all in was sloppy and very much felt like neither team really wanted to be in that match.

Hell, I felt the same way watching it.

FTR is more miss than hit for me, even if I know full well they are god darn good tag team wrestlers

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MJeff posted:

I assume that just means USA is gonna pay up for Raw too.

If it means WBD is about to get Raw, then, uh, Jesus fuckin' Christ.

Phil sucks more poo poo than anyone could have realized

Destroy his cock and balls at your own peril

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's rad as hell that the show that doesn't have a show on TV has titles that grow more worthless with every passing week

I don't even care about RoH but lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sleep with the vicious posted:

Who cares anyway? Guys attack each other every week, why does it matter if someone does it in a goofy mask. Swerve broke into hangmans house to protect his baby that page left alone and he didn't need a mask

Imagine he was wearing a mask while he did it though

That's right, your blood ran cold just now. That's booking, baby

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ANTHONY KORN

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sydney Bottocks posted:

No they meant "the last place you can say the name Larry the dog without being treated like Jason Statham, the star of the movie Crank"

Do you mean LARRY THE DOG???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
AEW would 100% have interested parties if Warner parted with them (which I don't think is happening at all, for the record)

It would look lovely short term, but there's no shortage of stations that would love any increase in ratings or younger viewers.

Coming soon to Nick at Nite.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tampa Bae posted:

when miro was making references to his wife I was kind of excited because I thought she was a good manager to the Ruusev character when she was introduced but nothing cooled me off like the CJ Perry we get being the same bizarre "my wife is with another man" angles that miro and cj perry had at the end of their WWE careers

yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Refusing to pivot on an angle soured by injuries? Gee golly, that's always been a recipe for success historically!!!!

Oh wait

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ChocoPro is forever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

reported, you son of a submariner

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it just doesn’t really matter at this point and is once again just embarrassing the company with 18 month old drama

It matters in that Punk and Co are still interested in preserving the appearance that he's somehow more legit than Bucks and Co, despite both sides being equally authentic or not. Carnies gonna carn.

I know people wanna poo poo on Jungle Boy (not JUNGLE BOY), but what he did was also as carnie as it gets. Hell, for all the talk of "it's disappointing the Bucks didn't wanna play up that angle for a big feud," Jungle Boy's actions could very well have been the same and we see how interested Punk was in exploring that. It's only a good idea to get meta and carnie if it comes from Phil, otherwise you're the problem.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
But also argue against me and make fun of my post if you'd like but I don't have any other posts about this poo poo to poop out anymore. I gotta save up my energies for this gentleman from Chicago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fart blood posted:

According to WOR, Dana Massie quit because she felt the company didn’t defend the Bucks during the whole time they were vilified by everyone after Brawl Out.

Lmao that's hilarious.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I kinda love it more that it looks bad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just feel bad for Sammy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if jack perry is the devil i’m taking a 3 month break from aew

what if there's multiple devils

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oh hell yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yea ok posted:

gently caress off jungle boy you have to post through it with the rest of us

:lmao: good point

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Thank you

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good god I am asking 100% of the roster to get the gently caress off social media today

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

keith lee refusing to put over swerve sucks.

Yeah I'm not particularly happy with how this poo poo has gone down

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah gently caress off, after a day like today just absolutely tone deaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

these loving idiots didn’t deserve an alternative to wwe lol