Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bix could probably elaborate more (maybe) but I've always heard that New has wanted to get Tony under oath on a disposition for the longest of times.

Guessing lawsuits are going to be filed between Punk/Ace and Tony sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

these loving idiots didn’t deserve an alternative to wwe lol

this but referring to the members of this forum instead

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Classicst3ve posted:

This company deserves to loving die and there shouldn't be an alternative, we never loving deserved it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
between another aew self-imposted implosion and kevin dunn loving off, everything's coming up for the ol' corncob, ain't it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tonfa posted:

the devil poo poo had no choice to be stupid as poo poo by this point. tony actually looking at the numbers and realizing they spell disaster for mjf is the best thing he could have done. if he has the stones he consigns the entire angle to rampage and never lets fraudman book a segment again

tony needs to tear up the contract he signed mjf to and tell him to take his rear end to wwe

if mjf is smart he'll listen

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
can't wait for joe to injure himself playing on his steam deck and miss the next 20 months

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

2025: AEW is just like WCW, out of business

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Warthur posted:

Honestly the plausible worst case scenario is that AEW loses their TV deal with WBD, doesn't get another one, and for the sake of remaining viable has to switch to a mode like it was in before Dynamite started where they do a big tentpole show every few months. A lot of people would lose their jobs because you simply need less people at the office and less people under contract to keep that going, but the silver lining is that it will be an opportunity to retool and rethink.

In that scenario I would figure that AEW would merge with ROH under the ROH name and go streaming-only, which would require a signficant shedding of personnel.

Those saying they'd get another TV are probably right, the issue is would it be financially enough to maintain their current levels of spending, or would it require either cutting expenses (meaning personnel again) or operating at a loss. It's one thing to be in the red while getting the show on the road, but at this point if the product can't pay for itself, it may not be worth it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't want to be a wait and see guy but boy will i he fascinated to see what dynamite and collision look like this week. The entire universe has spun around C2 and MJF sleuthing and both of those are just boom gone

sounds like a good time to cancel both of them and start 2024 off right

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The only promo apologizing for trying to stab someone in the eye with a screwdriver is because you either didn't succeed or you should have taken out both eyes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
People: Tony can't possibly mess up Mercedes, he's spending so much on her.

February reports: Mercedes is fed up with her lack of TV time and incomprehensible booking that she's ready to walk out.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
trying to think of anyone in aew who wouldn't benefit from going away for at least the next six months and coming up empty. ship them away tony, you'll be better off for it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i don't like the way keith lee writes and talks it's too smart i need him to spend the next year taking unprotected chair shots to the head to get enough cte to commuicate in a level i'm more comfortable with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
happy anniversary to jercho's wife

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

I can't remember if it was Osprey or someone else but they once said something like "Wrestling has to be presented to Americans at a third grade level" and every day the IWC proves it right

How would Ospreay know what a third-grade anything looked like

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

when he namechecked Cody on Collision, I knew he was out the gap ASAP

Ricky's been counting the days on his contract for a while now. Hobbs and Wardlow too.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

and this is based on what exactly?

Cody taking care of his guys.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
bold to imply he ever had it

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
the people who don't like aew said aew was bad last night, the worse they've ever been since last week

i didn't watch but i have no reason not to take them at their word

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
all wrestling was bad this year the wrestlers should just stand and talk to each other instead

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Peanut President posted:

also sonny kiss got fired and nyla rose is working the dark shows.

folks, is tony kahn transphobic ?

tony's real bigotry is that he has no one over 350 pounds on the roster

where's the beef tiny you scrawny son of a bitch

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i thought the cope open was how tiny con started all of his tweets

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

Guide to AEW Hell Thread:
1) You post what you're thinking about AEW.
2) You have fun.
3) That's it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
big bill and a cgi big bill

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
young bucks should do something relally funny and retire

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony kahn here i just signed okada

Seams posted:

can you loan me a million american dollarssome totally not illegal narcotics

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tony knew the ratings couldn't hit a million. So instead of reflecting on himself, he blamed the Fed.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
remember when keith lee was good

no well neither do i

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
aew needs to find a nice 150-200 seat place and tape tv there once a month

occasionally they can branch out, like when the flea market is open

maybe the girls jv volleyball team needs to raise funds to go to regionals, they can partner with aew and do a show

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i'm saying it

i am also saying it

i am the source

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Zarian is saying all the execs at the strip club are talking about how AEW is weak and sad

i just left a hipster coffee shop. it was packed with liberals, whispering amongst each other about what a commendable job nick khan did with the netflix deal this morning - america is PROUD!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

have you seen the roster, i’m not sure they could get much smaller

We're putting Adam Cole on a diet.

projecthalaxy posted:

What is the correct number of wrestlers per minute of television?

The rule of thumb I had always heard was an average of 3 per segment/15 minutes. So 24 per 2 hour show, or 60 for the 5 hours of TV that AEW has weekly. AEW could get away with more as they have a heavier focus on tag teams/stable and don't have anyone who can justify multiple segments of attention on a regular basis, like Austin back in the day.

Counting people on the IR I'd say AEW's ideal roster size should be about 75-80 people. Big enough that people won't get overexposed and can be cycled off TV as necessary, but not so big that people are signed and forgotten about. I would also say that people on prospective/developmental deals wouldn't count against that number.

If AEW really does have 160 people under contract, they genuinely need to cut about half the roster.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I was at least moderately wondering.

And I moderately answered.

If I seriously answered I would have said everyone needed to lose their jobs :evil:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
so mostly shows at daily's place in front of a couple hundred people then

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
tiny next week: folks we got the money man

fans: piss and poo poo themselves in excitement

tiny: it's ted dibiase jr!

fans: piss and poo poo themselves in sheer unmitigated rage

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Peanut President posted:

when is aew getting a hardcore title

when they actually have matches that end in a dq or countout

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

The average AEW hell thread poster can't tell the difference between these 6 letters: AEHORW

For just the price of a cup of coffee your donation today will help them learn their letters and promotions

which real housewives spinoff is this now i can't keep track

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shard posted:

loving love that title. Reminded me of that rip off mortal kombat show where they had to collect the six coins to get the master title or whatever

WMAC Masters, aka cinematic matches.

Featuring the guy who was Liu Kang in MKII, and the guy who fought Liu Kang in the first and only good Mortal Kombat movie, and some other people who probably played Mortal Kombat as well.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
roh hell should be mike mondo getting the roman push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
rooting for the five years