Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The_Rob posted:

I would Dan Lambert to come back. I miss him so much.
whither junior dos santos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Okada phoning it in on tv in nothing matches is gonna be so fun to see reactions to. Big stars don't go hard on road to shows

He should get into the “do my poo poo then go surfing” life like Nakamura did, and also like Nakamura just show up to shows in the same wetsuit he just surfed in.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

okada should be allowed ot bury one wrestler one of his choosing
Casket match. Give him the undertaker gimmick. The old one. Purple gloves, face turn saving a woman from a snake, the whole nine. Then we give him a gnarly hog and let him no-sell everything

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Elias got over big on NXT as Vagabundo the night before he got called up

*el Vagabundo

https://youtu.be/XqGQ6C3tT1M?si=OozX87INGe1F3bQ9

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don't have any expectation that Mercedes is going to thrive. But I'm assuming she'll be paid

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I don’t watch the product anymore but they really must be in trouble if they’re giving Will Osprey promo time

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Shard posted:

he's actually really good since coming to AEW. Like probably the best babyface promo in the company, no joke.
I had some time to check it out and you know what, it's true. That was a great promo. Kind of shocked, tho, that when he said some variation on "do you hear that?" the crowd was just above a WWE quiet murmur. Idk when it scheduled in the rhythm of the live show but a crowd ought to know when a good promo is being cut and act accordingly. Get some ringers in there.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Honestly a legend

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Is this true??? I don't watch WWE(statement made under oath) so I don't know how good she is, but this feels like one of those Cody Rhodes things.
Certainly best in the west. Circa NXT, her program with Bayley was legitimately hotter than any of the mens’, and the men’s roster at that time was fully stacked

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The cybotruck belongs with a worker who botches constantly.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW does have a really weird problem to solve in that you can either put the title on the best wrestler in the world and suppress the development of a bunch of dudes who should also be holding it or you can sometimes have your title match feel like it's not the most important match on the card.

He should have bled.
IMO less important title matches aren’t necessarily bad — if you’re determined to keep the title picture as the effective main every show no matter what, you’re working against yourself imo. A good booker recognizes that title lineage is not super reactive compared to audience reception (esp in the internet age), and will always lag behind it unless you hotshot (which helps no one).

The challenge is letting your hot angles reach their ceiling even if that’s above the title picture at a given time… but not making a habit of it. A good rubber match is probably going to have more juice than the first-time title defense coming after it. It’s folly to try and act otherwise.

Also I think ideally you’d have parallel titles to pick up slack — not necessarily tag or secondary singles titles, but actual equivalents or near-equivalents. My immediate frame of reference is golden age NXT and it didn’t hurt the men’s title when their (pretty good!) Balor / Owens ladder match was semi-main below Bayley / Banks.

But even the secondary titles should be able to lend cover to another surging angle in the same division… now and again. A belt is not necessary nor sufficient for a hot angle, but hot angles are necessary for a meaningful championship.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Not enough big meaty men to bump meat with. Been a problem for awhile tbh

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There isn’t a single good fight scene in Matrix 4. They are all poorly shot. The choreography is not on the level of Eastern European D2DVD readymade action films, let alone the Hong Kong craft of the originals.

You can absolutely feel Wachowski gritting her teeth through those studio-mandated sequences so she can get back to what matters: her dogshit scriptwriting, all the new age PLUR slop she couldn’t get into Sense8 before they canceled it. She clearly didn’t want to be there, it’s clearly not the movie she wanted to make. That the parts she did want to make aren’t completely witless is down to the Cloud Atlas guy carrying her rear end.

The Wachowskis chasing script-driven thematic filmmaking over visual spectacle is like Jordan quitting the NBA to play baseball full time, if he’d also done a bunch of DMT and couldn’t stop talking abt it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

panko posted:

you say that like bound isn’t script-driven and also their second or third best movie

It’s clear that at that early juncture, they’d either yet to make contact with the machine elves, or still had faculties to resist their influence

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Speaking of machine elves, what’s PAC up to

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Am I required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion?

We've moved on from Wachowski talk

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Ari Gold

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They’ll throw all the names in the Hunnukah song into an excel table and run a randomizer macro

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Did anyone end up attending / documenting his leadership seminar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Danielson’s in a weird place where he should always be believable as a main eventer but the meta-knowledge of his announced winding down (unless he took that back and I didn’t hear abt it?) makes it so that even if you were really selective in how you used him, would you ever expect he wasn’t going to do the job in a title match? Barring some situation where he’s brought in as a short-term ringer (champion gets injured or leaves for the fed mid-reign, etc.)

I mean if he’s in that position you might as well use him — he’s going to have the best match possible in terms of work rate and he’ll make the champ look good— but given how great he still is, it somehow feels like a waste to put him in the role of first-up title contender. Like, I’d use him to cement a dominant reign, not christen a new one. It sets a high bar.