Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I read that they didn't get post the full fixtures for the upcoming tournament. I don't like this decision therefore AEW is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sticky Nate posted:

there's plenty of room in the Ryuki Honda fanclub

The only obstacle is knowing how to count to four in time with the ref

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding league tables or good booking but isn't having swerve vs mox now a little silly? Like, this is the de facto block finals but then we'll also each have a pointless match after it's decided because???

Unless i'm also reading it wrong it's only the finals if Swerve wins, If Moxley wins:
- Switchblade can still win the block by winning out and Swerve losing next week
- He can win the block by beating Jay next week regardless of what Swerve does against Rush

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okada's peak is better than anyone else in the world but for me nobody beats Kento Miyahara for sheer consistency, and he's the exact same way. He'll hit the Blackout knee 15+ times over the course of the match (to my delight each and every time) because otherwise he's only got the Big Boot, Headbutt and German Suplex

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The NEVER titles fully justified their existence by giving us main event YOSHI-HASHI.

Hell yeah, that year long reign of YOSHI-HASHI and friends where the titles were invariably the only thing making the Road To shows worth tuning in for live

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

apophenium posted:

Giulia should go to AJPW and wrestle Nakajima for the Triple Crown.

Either that or go to SEAd to fight the other Nakajima, it's another chance to get kicked real hard

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

projecthalaxy posted:

The ideologically pure wrestling company is out there. Do not lose hope...

It's GanPro

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT employs Kazuki Hirata who is the best comedy wrestler in the world, man has been saddled with so many dumbshit stipulation matches yet consistently manages to pull gold from the stone

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

apophenium posted:

I was just teasing, anyways, AJPW has been a light in the darkness and Nakajima v. Miyahara for the TC will probably be the best wrestling match happening this weekend. Wish I could watch it with my AJPW sub though

The Dec 31st and Jan 3rd shows are still listed on the Battle Library live schedule, so might just need to set a vpn to Japanto access it like when fite carry the New Japan american shows

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 29, 2023

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The only reason for Sheamus to switch is to reform The Los Caronies

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Let my people go...work for the competition

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

Who is Nakamura

Keigo Nakamura

Unless they meant Michael Nakazawa

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I for one welcome the new member of the Bullet Club

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He'll clonk someone over the head with Kanemaru's obviously plastic whiskey bottle and make a crack about it being real glass

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Benne posted:

I'd be more into Ishimori having an AEW run if he did anything remotely interesting over the past 4 years or so

He threw up a nazi salute during his entrance a couple of weeks ago, that was pretty interesting

Also BC Cutest Tag Team was fun

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will never forgive whoever it was on Dark commentary that kept mixing up Shunma and MAO. You fuckers, Takeshita finally backdoored 37KAMIINA into AEW and you don't even look close enough to realise one of them had their name on their gear in big letters

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ThePariah posted:

Also Soup should be wrestling every week and winning all of his matches.

Not sure about next week, but he's facing Yuma Aoyagi in two weeks so that's good news

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

mooseinfants posted:

When was the last time that strong belt was even defended on a njpw show

January, at the last American show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress it, bring in 37KAMIINA or Bishamon or any of the cool CMLL teams I don't know, it's can't have been that hard to pump it up to 16 teams and incorporate partner promotions. Even if the fans know they're not going to win it at least gives the illusion that these titles are ones the world wants to have

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NienNunb posted:

Kawada kicks just barely looked good when Kawada (the fourth best pillar) did them, and it’s diminishing returns with every person that’s done them since.

Only Taichi should be able to use the Kawada kicks, as his only disciple and also doing them lovely on purpose because it pissed Kawada off

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I just want the Speedo Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hard pass, Cage had by far the worst match of the night when WSW came to Perth last year. He and Eric Young made 9 minutes feel like 25.

Put him back with Chuck Taylor to restore the feeling