Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jeff Fisher looks like some fuckin car dealership owner took a wrong turn looking for the can in his corporate box and wandered onto the field without anybody stopping him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Saints making the playoffs only to lose in an insane game? That doesn't sound right

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I have historically not been a fan of this guy but Tomlin having 7 wins with that QB and roster seems like some sort of voodoo.....

Yeah. Also someone posted the Steelers' schedule in another thread and the next month is a loving joke

vs ARI
vs NE
@ IND
vs CIN without Burrow
@ SEA
@ BAL who could be resting starters if they have the division locked up

11-12 wins is possible if they beat the bad teams and steal a low scoring win from the Seahawks or Ravens in a nasty defensive game. Which would definitely be voodoo

One month later

The Jets have placed QB Aaron Rodgers on IR, ending his season

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kind of expected since McBride is tearing poo poo up and Zach Ertz is old and dead

Also you love to see guys taking the opportunity to dunk of Schefter

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

syzpid posted:

A lot of people here didn't see the Joe Flacco Jets Experience

This is less a Flacco thing than it is a Zach thing but for a good time go look at Garrett Wilson’s splits with Flacco vs Wilson lol. His splits with Zach vs “literally anyone else” are also incredible especially considering the cast of XFL tier players who make up that pool

https://www.4for4.com/tools/splits

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

The best argument I've seen in favor of banning it — and the only one that didn't ultimately boil down to "it's ugly" or "I don't like the Eagles" — came from Richard Sherman: "If the defense can't push, the offense shouldn't be able to either."

This argument falls apart immediately for me because there is all kinds of poo poo one side of the ball is allowed to do but not the other. Are we going to eliminate the false start penalty?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nervous posted:

I just looked at the play by play for this game and holy poo poo it seems like their were three plays all game long that would generate any excitement.

It's honestly impressive that we all collectively watched Vikings/Bears and went wow this is about as bad as football can possibly get.

It was surpassed in dogshittiness in less than one week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

it seems like new england’s defense is very good, and if they had even an average quarterback, they’d make the playoffs.

more or less correct?

This feels like bait but :lol: I wish it were that easy. They have nothing on offense. It's a black hole of talent. It wouldn't even matter if they had a great QB because what the hell is he supposed to do with Juju and Parker and Henry and Gesicki? It's easily the oldest, slowest, least talented offensive roster in the league. The most exciting thing is that "Pop" Douglas has a fun nickname. Whenever the rebuild finally begins they are going to be starting from a hole that reaches to the core of the earth.

Bill is still running an amazing defense especially considering all of the best players are on IR. But it's 2023 and it doesn't matter how good your D is if you can't even score 10 points. They're dead last in Points For, by a lot. Like well behind the Jets, Panthers, Steelers, etc. It's a true disaster.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Please send him to the Chargers I know this has zero chance of happening but dear god

You are playing with some serious monkey paw poo poo since there's a 90% chance it comes with McDaniels as OC. And you will probably not draft an offensive player before the 6th round so I hope you are ready to run it back with Johnston and a receiver from Middle Tennessee State who plays fundamentally sound special teams as your 1/2 punch. The defense will be much better though

This is probably still an upgrade over Staley

Borsche69 posted:

the pats were missing skill position guys back in 2019 when brady was still playing for them. i can't even remember what year it was that their solution was to spend like a billion dollars on two mediocre TEs like that was gonna solve poo poo

Yeah they signed Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry to fix the offense lol consuming like 1/3 of the salary cap in the process. It went as well as you would expect. Jonnu finally got traded to Atlanta for a ham sandwich (and is actually producing for them, unlike New England). Henry is still here and doing jack poo poo. They signed Mike Gesicki from Miami to replace Jonnu as a "pass catching tight end" who gets no targets and catches no passes, and also does not do anything a tight end normally does. Bill needs a serious intervention before he is allowed to make an offensive roster decision ever again.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 4, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Dave posted:

Yeah but what if every team is bad?

I mean we are testing this theory already this year since like over half the league is loving trash cans. What happens is they still beat New England (unless you are the Jets or Bills :laffo:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Shaq Leonard to Philly

:toot:

Apparently he was talking to Dallas too but opted for Philly. Smart man.

Gotta respect Howie’s hustle as always. Get shithoused defensively on Sunday, defensive signing on Monday.