Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The heating is ON this morning in the sebzilla house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

TACD posted:

just remembered I still need to buy a Christmas tree, lol

Any recommendations for a small or sort of collapsible tree for a flat with not much space?

Fake ones where you slot the branches on layer by layer can usually be made more "space efficient" by just using one side or ever a quarter so you can have the tree flat against a wall or in a corner.

Or just go out and find a fancy looking branch https://www.upcyclist.co.uk/2017/12/natural-branch-centrepiece/

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Celery is good for transporting dip because of the natural scoopy shape and very satisfying cronch

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Happy 4 December - the 45th anniversary of the raid on Cynthia Payne’s house in Ambleside Avenue, Streatham, in which police found men (including, apparently, a Lord, an MP, and some vicars) queueing on the stairs waiting to pay for sex with luncheon vouchers, to all who celebrate.

https://mulberryhall.medium.com/odd-this-day-036f6ff4d4a1

Who'd want to have sex with a luncheon voucher? Bunch of pervs.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Mebh posted:

Continuing my thread tradition of stanning for Clive Lewis, here's an interview about a podcast on slavery and British colonial history he's done. It's quite good. I wish we had him, not Starmer.

https://youtu.be/B4GnIbenPjU?si=MyZtQsXn0hHv-Jpqq

He's far from perfect but he would have been my choice for post-Corbyn candidate ahead of RLB.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

If anyone knows anything about us Brits it's that we all love our dear old mums

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Would swim in this.

As long as you don't dive down and rub your face on the nuclear waste it's probably fine

https://what-if.xkcd.com/29/

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

"DxEU's Midnight Runners - Come On Arlene" was one of the greatest titles in the history of this forum imo

Still appears randomly in my brain and elicits a chuckle five(?) years later

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

There's probably just about time for every sitting Tory MP to have a day as PM before they absolutely have to call an election, I think they should make the most of it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

grobbo posted:

It says the conference is 'to defend the Rwanda policy' so I think we're just in for a bunch of I HAVE BEEN CLEAR, THE BOATS MUST STOP

I'm getting flashbacks to Tezza May's incredible series of podium speeches outside Downing Street saying nothing at all

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ollie: What if the announcement is...there's no big announcement.
Hugh: Oh, for goodness...
Ollie: No, no, wait. Right? We say, "The Department of Social Affairs has been doing amazing work, bread-and-butter work, belt-and-braces work, the kind of work that you people aren't interested in 'cos it's not shiny, shiny, media-friendly stuff. You are so obsessed with how things play in the media, you sickos, that every time we try and do, you know, just carry on with our day, you don't show up. So we have to call a big, you know, thing like this."
Hugh: On target, under budget.
Ollie: Coalface politics.
Hugh: Absolutely. Yes, I like that.
Glenn: Not wasting resources.
Hugh: Good. Let's do that.
Glenn: Let's go for that.
Hugh: We trick them. We trick them. Tinselly thing and they come along and then we say, "Ah-ha, that's what we've been doing, we've been doing our loving jobs!" (beat) Yes, they never print that stuff, do they?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Hang on a second, the NHS probes aren’t usually ribbed, OR vibrating!

That's why you go private

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/11/keir-starmer-promises-red-wall-voters-the-basics-of-government-done-better

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Found myself idly wondering if anything had happened about Nick Brown's suspension yet and, apparently yes! (sort of)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/12/nick-brown-resigns-labour-complete-farce-disciplinary-process

Jumped, possibly before being pushed? Doesn't exactly paint Labour's wonderful new disciplinary process in a good light.

One step closer to Father of the House Jeremy Corbyn boiling everybody's piss, anyway

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 12, 2023

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Can Sunak even call an election without mps voting for it?

Maximum chaos. Call for an election, lose, remove the whip from all the MPs that vote against it, lose the confidence of the house and Keith becomes PM of a minority Labour government with Independent Tory support (and then calls an election)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

*Banging clipboard* GENERAL ELECTION GENERAL ELECTION

I mean, I guess?

It'll be fun to see the old set of bastards be eviscerated by the new set of bastards, I suppose.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

When was the last time we had an election where there's absolutely no sign of competence or energy from either main party? That's the key difference between now and 97, and 2010 when the Tories had revitalised themselves.

1992?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

S levels were higher than A levels.

A system familiar to all fans of Sonic the Hedgehog

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Crisp chat, motherfuckers (courtesy of my friend Andy)

quote:

Jesus Christ, these were an experience. If the Devil were a crisp, this would be he. Note the government warnings on the top right corner of the bag. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this poo poo but these really are not for the faint of heart and I am surprised they can be bought legally in this country. They are saturated satanic red in colour and have so much flavour dust and salt on them I felt approximately one tablespoon of water evaporate from my body with each bite. They are hot as gently caress and left me with a mouth full of thick, poisonous, red saliva that looked and tasted like blood. They literally felt like they were damaging my body as I was eating them. By the time I finished the bag my mouth and fingers were bright red and my entire body shook with uncontrollable sobbing. I reckon if you ate a bag of these each day you would be dead within a week. All this and a subtle twist of lime. 5 out of 5.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

British jobs for British sex arses

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Sanford posted:

I had 8 bottles of olive oil left over from the Brexit stash, all gone now and we’re back on the sunflower. Should have hodl’d it, I’d be a millionaire by now. I’ve become one of those people who angrily mutters “well I’m not paying that” and deliberately puts stuff back on the shelf wrong to prove a point of some kind.

I'm in this post and I don't like it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Merry Christmas, comrades

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Scientastic posted:

I fell asleep after lunch watching Dawn of the Nugget, now it’s time to eat a lot of cheese

I had a ten minute nap part way through that film and it gave me what I needed to power through the rest of the afternoon

It's been a good year, we had lasagne

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

crispix posted:

i only really liked civs and city builders and the like

played MSG in the late 1990s because of all the hype and thought it was corny AF even back then and waaay too short to justify what it cost :corsair:

Would you say it left you hungry for more soon after finishing?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Minimal fireworks tonight, dog managed to sit with me on the sofa without freaking out too much (beyond some mild quivering)

Can't ask for much more, happy New year goons

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The best Star Trek is Return of the Jedi

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Ah, the return of the classic Starmer "get ready for some bullshit in response to this difficult question" chuckle.

Such an infuriating little tell.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Looks like he's dropped his dart in the first picture

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Microplastics posted:

I reckon you should quote individuals because this kind of bucketing is usually what causes the thread to do a wobbly

Maybe the rest of you dickheads, but not me!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

he looks like a poo poo angel in that picture

A much less pleasant (but warmer) form of snow angel

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

It reminds me of the old goon joke where a thread contains two posts, one which I read and one which I don't.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Quick none war related question, but does anyone know if Admiral is a decent car insurer? I only ask because the one I'm with at the moment has put prices up £150 for no reason and was looking around to see what is best.

They're fine as far as I know, didn't make a fuss about paying out when I wrote off my car years ago. Really I don't think there's going to be much to choose between them other than cost/terms.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Issuing correction on a previous post of mine, when you live with three siblings and your mum and dad you don't just do whatever.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

🎶it means no penis
for the rest of your daysssss🎶

It's our todger-free philosophy
Vagina dentata

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/Dylan_Difford/status/1745730836601676160

1.2M dead Tories is what I'd call "a good start"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Lord of the Llamas posted:

That graph suggests a huge increase in turnout which brings into question how accurate the poll is.

Oh yeah for sure, I'll eat a hat-like object if turnout is up at all, let alone to the level suggested in that chart.

I'm sticking with my long-standing prediction of Labour going below 10M votes, even if they win.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I am half expecting Starmer to do the needful and step aside for Wes! before the election, but it'll be interesting if the lib dems are forced to as well because of this postmaster thing.

We already know the tories are going to stab Sunak in the back, so it'll be thoroughly odd going into an election where nobody knows who the gently caress anyone is.

Starmer replaced by the pet shop boy, Sunak replaced by a grinning skull, Davey replaced by ???, Big Nige canters to victory as the only party leader anyone can pick out of a lineup

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Microplastics posted:

I quite like that visualisation which shows each constituency as an equal-size hexagon, arranged such that it still makes the shape of Britain

lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

I don’t think we will see any debates this time round. Any media manager with an ounce of sense will know that having those two robotic soundbite dullards in a studio can only be a vote loser

"This is fine as long as the other guy loses more votes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

fuctifino posted:

Hope: Just say nope

ftfy