Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

There was a whole moral panic alleging that TikTok was teaching kids how to steal Kia Sportages, so it's good to know that the actual truth is that they're just annoying to unlock and not that today's youth can steal cars by twerking at them or whatever the tabloids were claiming.

They were selling cars without immobilizers, in the 21st century lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

quote:

UK would be a climate leader again under Labour, vows Starmer
Exclusive: Labour leader tells Guardian at Cop28 that Britain is wanted back in ‘leading role’ as he accuses Sunak of retreating
x

Keith, you retreated on your own climate policy before you even got elected...

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

What's the betting that Hunt or one of his aides will leave a note in a desk saying "There's no money left" before leaving?

That's a tradition now, right?

Incoming Labour government accepts blame for this, vows to pay off national credit card.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

smellmycheese posted:

Gone by teatime imho

Do we even have time to go and buy the lettuce.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

ThomasPaine posted:

I mean yeah, probably, but he'll at least look sad doing it and might throw an extra few quid at the NHS, I guess.

He'll throw money at the private healthcare companies he handed the NHS to.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

smellmycheese posted:

Hating your wife, and by proxy , her mother is an absolute cornerstone of Boomer Humour

Apparently he had other jokes.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

yeah tony blair literally had "things can only get better" as a song whereas these cunts just keep telling us things will be poo poo and should loving appreciate it

Labours next election song will be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZAcrZqcFU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Can't think why

quote:

Conservatives raised three times as much as Labour in the most recent quarter
The Tories brought in £15.8m overall for its election war chest in the three months to September, while Labour drew £3.1m in private donations from individuals and trade unions as well as getting £2.5m in public funds.
x

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

keep punching joe posted:

We already know about the alcoholism and affairs, so something even worse.

They have compelling evidence that proves Kier Starmer is Keir Starmer.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
A few days ago it wasn't a confidence vote :lol:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

grobbo posted:

You say this, but we're probably only one focus group away from either Starmer or Sunak declaring that a round of economic shock therapy is exactly the kind of decisive leadership the UK needs to get back on its feet.

Our political parties would never be that crazy

quote:

"He campaigned on promises of major spending cuts"
"has already cut nine government ministries, which he said would reduce 34% of public sector jobs"
"The reality is that there is no money to pay for more public works"

Ah,

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

forkboy84 posted:

LOL most people still haven't really recovered from 2007/8

The people that matter have done very well :wotwot:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

The Question IRL posted:

Having read this article, the part at the end is most interesting.

Basically Harry has three other tests coming up against other Newspapers (namely the Mail and the Sun)
If they go in a similar way, then I guess Labour will have to ignore three different calls to reform the Media.

This shows that reform is not necessary as people can deal with the issue via our robust legal system*

*if they are a millionaire / literal royalty.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's cool that the national broadcaster lets a tory bullshitter do an apology tour after they received millions from the government for providing unsafe medical equipment.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tigey posted:

Finally they stopped the boats

Rishi: STOP THE BOATS

Yemeni rebels: :getin:

Rishi: NOT LIKE THAT

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tedsville posted:

Are you telling me I'm going to have to spend Christmas this year without my sex arse?

You could support your local sex arse producer instead of ordering one from china. It's also better for the environment.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
stolen from the osha thread:
https://i.imgur.com/4lcAh62.mp4

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Bobby Deluxe posted:

still a scab

How can a cat scab, when a cat will never do work?

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Pretty hosed up that someone can get an indefinite hospital order for hacking

quote:

An 18-year-old hacker who leaked clips of a forthcoming Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game has been sentenced to an indefinite hospital order.
Arion Kurtaj from Oxford, who is autistic, was a key member of international gang Lapsus$.
The gang's attacks on tech giants including Uber, Nvidia and Rockstar Games cost the firms nearly $10m.

The court heard that Kurtaj had been violent while in custody with dozens of reports of injury or property damage.
x

I wonder why they might be violent while held in custody :iiam:

:lol: :science:

quote:

The jury was told that while he was on bail for hacking Nvidia and BT/EE and in police protection at a Travelodge hotel, he continued hacking and carried out his most infamous hack.

Despite having his laptop confiscated, Kurtaj managed to breach Rockstar, the company behind GTA, using an Amazon Firestick, his hotel TV and a mobile phone.

Also :jerkbag: at the judge for trying to make people care that some videogame clips got leaked / cost four companies an entire £10m. Nvidia alone made $4billion in profit this year.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

James Cleverly is stopping the small boats....at Luton Airport.

Have you seen any small boats at Luton airport recently? Checkmate :smugbert:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
One of those motorbikes with a big hoover on the back for sucking up dog poo poo, but for the home.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

Of all the problems in the UK I don't think lovely candy shops are one anyone really gives a poo poo about.

Doing something about rising commercial rents and bills will upset some people though.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
We can't have a weapon blessing gap with the russian orthodox priests.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Z the IVth posted:

Also dependents don't qualify for public funds.

BUT THEY GET GIVEN A 12 BEDROOM HOUSE FOR FREE :bahgawd:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Janeway is my favourite captain, she veers from being perfectly reasonable and calm to just being completely done with everyone's poo poo and doing the most ballistically ballsy poo poo possible.

:commissar: Tuvix

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Chubby Henparty posted:

Derek? Babylon 5's a big pile of poo poo

:getout:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

This is unexpected. It looks like Keith's going to stab Corbyn in the back

Starmer to distance himself from Corbyn in major speech

I'm shocked. I never saw any of this coming.

The vanity fully costed manifesto of policies that will improve lives
vs
The sensible there is no money nothing will improve

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Tesseraction posted:

Thanks *google shopping searches the price of a new phone* fffffuuuuuck me

I recently replaced my 2018 moto G (since it was now a piece of poo poo and the battery was dying) with a new moto G32 for £90

It's pretty good and recently got an update to Android 13. I'm not sure what more I would get if I paid £500+ for a phone. Wireless charging would be nice I guess.
Sadly it still runs awful.apk.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Former Director of Public Prosecutions: ":shrug:"

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

kingturnip posted:

There's a rare flood alert for my local river, which extends a couple of hundred metres from my house, but apparently the river level's falling, so I'm just gonna sit here playing video games.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

You need to play Raft and get some practice in.
Although the only thing you'll reel in from a british river is poo poo.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Nuclear Spoon posted:

can't wait to pay five quid to look at ducks in the park

The ducks have also been sold off.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Big TBM wants you to believe that digging a tunnel yourself is extremely dangerous and can make your house fall down

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

smellmycheese posted:

DONT OPEN
TORY INSIDE

When hell is full, the Polling Place will get a lot busier.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Azza Bamboo posted:

The electorate sucks. I want autocracy.

One man, one vote.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Beefeater1980 posted:

He was blaming Starmer for a lot of the things he didn’t like, which is quite impressive 360 degree noscope puppeteering for a leader of the opposition.

It will be accurate in <12 months, since Starmer isn't going to improve anything.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

A friend and I got caught after shoplifting these from Woolies.

Stolen valor if you didn't win your gold spinner from a vending machine :colbert:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It's time to withdraw from the woke UN

quote:

UN expert condemns UK crackdown on environmental protest

UN special rapporteur on environmental defenders says he is seriously concerned about ‘regressive new laws’
Forst highlighted the case of a peaceful protester jailed in December for six months for walking slowly down a road for 30 minutes during a climate protest under the new public order law.

“It is important to highlight that, prior to these legislative developments, it had been almost unheard of since the 1930s for members of the public to be imprisoned for peaceful protest in the UK,” said Forst, in a statement issued on Tuesday morning. “I am therefore seriously concerned by these regressive new laws.”
guardian

It's a good sign when UN inspectors look at best country-on-earth-UK and go :catstare::stonk::catstare:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Darth Walrus posted:

It means that you have a hell of a time melting them down - they just turn up again in your evidence locker the very next day, only there's twice as many of them.

Use a Bound Dagger so the evidence disappears in 120 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

OwlFancier posted:

I really would like a copy of that but it's expensive and you'd have to import it I think.

Ian McCollum thought it would be a great idea to publish a memoir by a neo-nazi, so maybe don't give him any money.