Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Huffing Mr Sheen to make the phone calls go away

HopperUK posted:

Chilly out innit

Had to spend a full 10 minutes defrosting the car this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

killerwhat posted:

If it’s not below freezing, this works well and quickly: pour warm tap water over the windows to melt the frost. Then use the wipers and screen wash - it’s got antifreeze in it.

I'm fine using the scraper on the windscreen, it's waiting for the engine to get hot enough to blow warm enough air to demist the inside. Where I live they have these bright-rear end white LED street lamps and if there's any condensation inside, when they shine through you can see absolutely nothing.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

The Question IRL posted:

I started my car a good five minutes before I was going to leave the house to defrost it.
The wife took her car to drop the baby to childcare.

I go out to drive off, only to discover that my car automatically locked itself and thus I was locked out of the car. (I thought the car only auto locked when it was moving. Very frustrating. )

I wait for the wife to come home so I can use her spare key to open my car. Discover that the clicker won't work on a locked car with the engine running.

I then had to look for the keyhole on the car. But there is no visible one.

5 minutes of searching Google I find that with Kia Sportages you can use the car key to pry off a part of the door handle to get access to the key hole and manually unlock the car.

Not a huge issue, but when you are truing to leave the house in the freezing cold, it's very frustrating.

All that tech, you would have thought there would be a 'its freezing today so just switch on and run until engine is hot' button.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Guavanaut posted:

They're more underground than the Albanian ones, but about the same size.

Hoxhaism-Wombleism

Now this is an ideology I can get behind / inside.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

The Question IRL posted:

This is factually untrue.

They released the Remastered versions of the first two Tony Hawks games.
You know, going back to the old hits, but with slightly less of the licenced music.

This does not count and you know it.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

kecske posted:

uhh 2021???

Oh, well then, I stand corrected.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

kecske posted:

uhh 2021???

Okay I just got it for a fiver on steam and it's actually pretty dope.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

For some reason this makes me deeply uncomfortable even though I have never bought Tescos or anyone else's stuffing before. Like, how many moths were involved here for there to be a recall? How did moths get in to the process at all?

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Pistol_Pete posted:

Like, give me a big bag of dried, chilli-salted insects and I'll happily stuff them down like Wotsits.

Same. It's just... moths.... how are moths getting in to the process of mixing up flour and sage and onion powder? Does the process happen outside under really bright fluorescent lights?

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

OwlFancier posted:

Moths have scales so papally speaking they're fish.

Going to my local seafood eatery and ordering up a big ol' plate of moths.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Oh dear me posted:

Pantry moths will eat anything. Very fond of porridge oats in my (horrid) experience

I'm fortunate enough to have only experienced the ones that occasionally munch holes in your clothes.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The Evergiven was only stuck for 6 days, now a bunch of the biggest shipping companies have all stopped sending freight through there, for a longer period of time, this is going to be even worse in terms of sex arse shortages.

Are you telling me I'm going to have to spend Christmas this year without my sex arse?

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

sinky posted:

You could support your local sex arse producer instead of ordering one from china. It's also better for the environment.

Organic, locally sourced sex arses.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Wachter posted:

All cordless vacuums are poo poo. They might be easier to use if you have mobility issues but they don't retain anything other than powderised dust and dirt and have a million points of failure. HENRY SUPREMACY

For reals, I've had my Henry for 12 years now and dude still sucks with the best of them, all with a smile on his face.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

happyhippy posted:

Things that sound really loving strange out of context.

Yeah I didn't read that back in my head before I posted it.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Runcible Cat posted:

Oh, that's going to be fun, I've got chemo on Tuesday. Hopefully London Overground doesn't include Southeastern or it's an hour and a half bus ride. Or seeing if I can fight my way onto a riverbus I guess.

I'm on Southeastern and they've never been included in TFL overground strikes.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

And lo, Keith dranketh deep of the puddle. Yet the press were turncoats and reneged on their promise...

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Gorn Myson posted:

I was hoping to start 2024 on a high by blasting some baked beans up my brand new sex arse but now the bloody Houthi's won't let me.

Just when I thought there was hope.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

fuctifino posted:

That's how the IRA forced the British back to the negotiating table by bombing Canary Wharf

Also the Bishopsgate bombing. Keep having to remind myself it was literally only 30 years ago that happened.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

And nothing of value was lost.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

He was certainly one of the chancellors we've ever had.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

crispix posted:

this was literally a week or so after he died in 2015 and he wrote an article saying his work was rubbish, despite, admittedly, not having read any of it

What the gently caress. Who wrote this?

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

OwlFancier posted:

I want to say his name was jonathan something, I gather he's a culture reviewer of the guardian or something.

E:
https://www.theguardian.com/artandd...inment-than-art

The missus works at the guardian, I'll try to convince her to find his desk and poo poo in the drawer or something.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Apraxin posted:

lol jesus christ

'we're the Popular Conservatives, or PopCons! for short :D. we're a grassroots movement dedicated to restoring the vibrancy of our national democracy :D. our policy agenda is :byodood:SUFFER NOT THE WOKE TO LIVE, TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY FROM THE SINISTER FORCES OF THE GLOBALIST TRANS CONSPIRACY:byodood:.'

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

smellmycheese posted:

https://x.com/samcoatessky/status/1761405110305857605?s=46

He can get a “Too Racist for the Tories” T Shirt

He made the fatal mistake of being racist towards 'one of the good ones'.

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

Microplastics posted:

Sitting in a cafe off trafalgar square and, overhearing a conversation, heard someone say "but a ceasefire, a ceasefire doesn't do anything, it just stops the killing"

:psyduck:

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedsville
Aug 21, 2020

fuctifino posted:

He's another person being sponsored by that crazy Quantum Hypnotherapist
https://www.tickettailor.com/events/davidpeterevents/1067181

It's nice to see Carl of Swindon circling the same drain as Lozza