Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
In a shocking turn of events, leading candidate cock&balls has been eliminated.
If you want to spoil your ballot write some nice words of encouragement for the vote counters, or draw a nice picture of a dog instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Not an XL bully though

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

This owns
Russian hignfy looks way better than ours

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

TACD posted:

Some combination of hung parliament and an unprecedentedly massive surge for third parties that makes it clear how completely disenchanted everyone is with the mainstream parties.

Then the long-overdue fire burns down parliament and every journo in the country gets to sagely comment on this metaphor for how badly politics in this country needs to be rebuilt from the ground up for the modern age.

Ummm...

Hung parliament followed by a huge fire certainly sounds like the start of something.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Extreme bidet

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

fuctifino posted:

On the subject of transport, I was looking at ways to use a sudden injection of dead-mum-gently caress-you-money in ways that won't throw a sledgehammer in my benefits.

This is the most decadent option so far while also being absolutely life changing at the same time

This looks cool, but they're really loving you by making basically everything an optional extra.

Can you post the configurator link? Wanna see what it's like with better rims and a sound system

Found it. https://www.scooterpac.com/mobility-scooters/cabin-car/

DreddyMatt fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 19, 2024

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

fuctifino posted:

I have a certain amount I need to spend on stuff for it not to affect my long term disability benefit 'safety net'. The optional extras are there for this very purpose.

I get you. Gonna spend it otherwise they'll cut your payments. Bastards.

Imo looks better in grey, with the optional black wheels. Makes the bullbar pop a bit more.

https://freeimage.host/i/JaoL7kJ

But I appreciate I'm doing this for fun, while you have actual real works requirements and budget concerns

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
That's cool. What's the lead time on getting a custom one? Should be ready for when the weather turns, hopefully

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Scan and pack owns

Tesco pull me for a check of 12 items pretty much every time I use it.
Sainsbury's never ask to do a check, so do you shop lifting there

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh yeah that's a different thing entirely because you have to victimise and threaten an actual person to do it. I just assume every mugger has a machete under their coat though so I'd probably just hand over my poo poo lol.

One of the things I enjoyed about Spain is that muggings are basically non existent.
Pickpocketing is a fine, but using threats or violence is jail time, so everyone just gets good at pickpocketing, so it's a game of skill.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Tag yourself:
I'm all of them

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

keep punching joe posted:

How can a thing that costs £15k be old after two years? Car stuff is insane.

edit: what's the thinkpad of cars, i.e. what can I get thats like 10 years old but still perfectly fine if not better than something new.

Probably most cars at the moment. They'll still have regular buttons for things, unlike new cars which put all the controls on touch screens

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Gonna need you to stay up late tonight, I imagine he's gonna get insanely spicy as the night goes on

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

fuctifino posted:

I missed this bit of news yesterday. Reform are on the up, and I can seriously see them overtaking the Tories to become the second party before we finally get our GE in November.

https://twitter.com/realBenBloch/status/1751878292041330962

Lawrence Fox judged to be legally racist in the high court

Reform UK popularity immediately jumps 5 points

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Ah poo poo, owned by there being too many racist parties in the UK

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Chubby Henparty posted:

I watched Reality yesterday which was the literal transcript of Reality Winner(!)'s fbi interview, so it can be done, sorta

It was actually pretty good, picked it up while trying to parse if it was about survivor or something

That was a p. Good film, and I liked the stylistic choice of just using the transcript

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Yesterday's man, and all that, but has corbs made any indication whether he's gonna stand as an indy in this election? Or is he so committed to labour he'll bow out gracefully as the party rat fucks him?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

crispix posted:

king dying

2 more bank holidays

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Might need bolt cutters to get it off those swollen fingers

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
What does gibbo say?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

fuctifino posted:

e: Oh, so that's why Morgan announced he was leaving TalkTV to switch to Youtube?!?!.... He's been sacked. LMAO :allears:

Got any sources for that? Hopefully a sad/furious tweet from him.

Edit ^^^^^^ just saw the above

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Tesseraction posted:

literally just a case of showing anything other than disdain for the fucker gets the local community pissed at you

Idgi, looking at an election map from 2019 shows Cornwall as solid blue? Gotta be enough Tories down there, surely?

E: people from Cornwall loving hate outsiders too, which is classic Tory behaviour

DreddyMatt fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 10, 2024

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Oh dear me posted:

Most of Cornwall is divided between second home owners (largely Tory for obvious reasons) and reservation dwellers. Very little is true of both groups.

Second home owners don't vote, do they?
Surely they're only registered to vote at their primary address? Seems ripe for abuse if not

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
Well poo poo, getting schooled on a Saturday. Seems like a bad system (might as well write that on our flag tbh)

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
No, gently caress you dad

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

happyhippy posted:

Thanks.

Get a photo of your self on it.
Toggle on the photo itself that you are 'looking for work' and it shows an icon which companies will instantly see.
Fill out your skills as these are the ones they will be looking at.
Better than nothing I suppose.

Sucks about your job. What kind of industry are you in? That linkedin looking for work thing is p. Good for some sectors.
16+ years experience means recruiters should be all over you

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

happyhippy posted:

Customer Support, bit of programming and QA testing.
Seriously thinking of just spending a month in bed.

Dev and QA work is linkedin recruiter bread and butter.
Spend an hour updating it with some key words, get a smart ish photo and link up with your colleagues and work mates to all endorse each other.

Look on the job section to set up alerts for roles in your area/remote and you'll get daily updates when new jobs are posted
You've got this

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

crispix posted:

you're a oval office, though :/

You say that about everyone

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

crispix posted:

no, just cunts

I did a search of posts by you containing the word oval office and it crashed the forums.
Try and be less negative

DreddyMatt fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 16, 2024

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Starbucks posted:

I thought you had to punch them in the nose

That's sharks
Try punching a dog in the nose and you're inviting it to amputate the entire fist

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Solefald posted:

what's your thought on the new mint chocolate orange

Is it both minty and orangey?
Coz that sounds awful

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

No it’s just mint and it’s great

Mint chocolate is fine, but I have an issue with them calling it a chocolate orange

E: gonna get trading standards on them

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm struggling to parse a coworkers opinion on something. I kind of only half give a poo poo to be honest, but I was wondering what the threads thoughts on it were. Basically, as a woman, she thinks that Muslim's and Islam are a threat to her, or at least, that the people and culture are very backwards on their views towards women. I can't deny that. She says, for example, that she wouldn't feel comfortable with her white daughter dating a Muslim boy. I guess I'm struggling to articulate why I think that's racist, even though I also think that as a man it's not really my place to say what cultures or people she should feel comfortable around.

It's a tricky one for sure, but obviously British culture is different to Saudi. Tell her you trust her abilities as a parent to have raised a daughter capable of independent thought, who is unlikely to become a subservient niqab wearing doormat just because she met a nice Muslim boy. That's assuming that this hypothetical boyfriend would even want her to become one.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

kecske posted:

situation, task, action, result. it's exactly the same 'explain a time when X happened and you did Y to resolve it' thing they've always done but rebranded now for some reason

Yeah, but now it's got a fancy name and some management consultant probably made a lot of money from it

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Guy's been making 80k a year for loving years and his home looks like poo poo

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Jakabite posted:

Anyway, enough of that. I’m wondering this morning whether there’ll be any actual consequences as a result of yesterday? As it was happening it felt like it might mean something (well not mean something but you know have a consequence and not be immediately irrelevant to the continuing shitstorm of the world), but I feel like it’s just going to be a big old nothing burger. I really think that guy should’ve tried to grab the mace or sat in Lindsay’s seat or something.

Nothings gonna happen to Hoyle, SNP are mad as hell, but I doubt enough Tories are gonna sign a no confidence letter. He's been such a weak speaker, they know it'll be to their benefit to keep him around for the rest of the term.

Comedy outcome is starmer wins the election then sacks him off anyway now he's served his purpose

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

happyhippy posted:

The irish version can have one yeah.

You had any contact on LinkedIn this week? Or are you using redundancy money to fund a week in bed?

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

happyhippy posted:

Still in the notice period, last day any time after next week.
Not sure if they are going to give us garden leave after, legally have to give us 6-8 weeks for my tenure there. So final date could be St Paddys day.
16 years of having only a few weeks of holiday per year, think Im just going to spend a month just doing nothing apart from playing games and wanking.
And poo poo posting as usual.

Fair play. I'd recommended getting your poo poo updated first so you can be passively getting offers before you start actively applying for jobs
Sign on for JSA on day 1 though, they won't back date anything

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Pistol_Pete posted:

This is what puts me off from replacing my 12 year old TV: I don't want something that's forever showing me tailored unskippable adverts, or downloading a massive update without asking, when there's something else I want to be doing with it. I just want a TV that shows me moving pictures, as and when I want it to.

You don't have to connect your smart TV to the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyone else watched this "The Way" thing on BBC iPlayer? Some sort of revolution in Port Talbot. Michael Sheen / Adam Curtis thing.
Seems a bit bonkers but I was multitasking. I think I'll have to watch it again (only 3 episodes) and concentrate.

Just saw the first episode. Thought it was p. Good.
I liked the despair in the dad as poo poo got more and more out of control.
Adam Curtis style archive footage being cut into it was nice visually too