Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which 2023 game do you think will win Something Awful’s Game of the Year award?
This poll is closed.
Dead Space 5 5.10%
Metroid Prime 15 15.31%
Resident Evil 4 17 17.35%
Super Mario RPG 37 37.76%
System Shock 24 24.49%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I've never seen any Invader Zim, but that looks very Invader Zim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I love Brand Synergy

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

they never fixed that warcraft 3 remaster?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still need to play Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire

Good game. Fun setting.

I hope the series isn't done, because I don't think it got much mainstream success.

I know they're making an elder scrolls looking thing, but that looks a whole other type of game.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

They did London that one time, and whatever city GTA2 was set in

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I saw a street vendor selling GTA Brazil or whatever once, but what was actually on the disc, I do not know.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Cities own because you can just take the subway or the tram or the bus that leaves every 5 minutes and you can get good food.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I don't think the youths will enjoy bg1 & 2 much. Frankly, they're were too complex for me at the time.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Very excited about a new Golden Idol game.

Also weirdly intrigued about the Blade game by Arkane.

Oh, and the new game from Ori devs looks neat.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Lavatein posted:

I wanted to say that this would be Crazy Taxi 3, because 2 came out in 2001, but apparently there was also already a Crazy Taxi 3 in 2002 :confused:

The first Xbox was secretly a Dreamcast 2.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

playing as the bad guy is fun

i dont want to be mean to the virtual people

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

And this garbage was something made by a production company recently and not a flash cartoon from Newgrounds ca. 2003?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Neo Rasa posted:

My partner wants to play MGS3. I have the Metal Gear Legacy Collection on PS3, is that still the best way to play it or do any of the PC/whatever ports top it?

The recently released ones are literally the same as the ps3version, only worse somehow.

PS2 emulation is very good now, however.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Not a single vg credit on Andre Braugher, a true tragedy.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I wish Alan Wake 2 wasn't called
Alan Wake 2, so that I could free myself from thinking I need to play Alan Wake 1, which is very boring to play.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Title makes it sound like a spiritual sequel to Asura's Wrath, but if that's the case, FF16 beat them to it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

On Star trek they would always physically hand someone that ebook reader thing when they wanted to show someone else something. The whole notion of a personalized pocket computer was completely alien to them.
Their notion of a future computer was a magical voice in the sky making thing appear. I guess they predicted online shopping, but free since money did not exist, at least in S1 of TNG.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Story bad, but Max Payne 3 was still fun to play.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Piss And Shittium posted:

Downloaded SWTOR again. I normally get an itch for it every December. One of those cozy winter games. I also enjoy just logging in and chatting Star Wars on the in-game chat. Any fans about?

I played through the story content for it last year and had a great time. It works fairly well as a single player rpg these days.

There's a SWTOR thread somewhere in the MMO subforum if you're curious.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I have both Sword Coast Legends and Tony Hawk HD Collection in my Steam library, so I assume it is worth a fortune, since those games are delisted.
They're also broken and/or bad games, but you can't buy them on Steam anymore!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ironically, Die Hard 2 is the best part of Die Hard Trilogy (the game).

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I'm playing Alan Wake "remastered" since it came free with Alan Wake 2 which is currently like 26 dollarydoos on egs.

I tried playing it a couple of times before, but now I feel compelled to finish it since AW2 looks so dang good.

It's very repetitive and the levels are very samey, but occasionally it will hit with some really atmospheric set pieces and use of light and the sound design is real good. Very effective use of music, especially the end of episode thing is superb.

Feels like a very ambitious game constrained by budget and having to run on a 360. Really looking forward to seeing this stuff with ray tracing and all the rest in AW2.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Finished up Alan Wake 1 and then immediately started downloading AW2.

Started playing it a couple of hours ago and holey poo poo this is incredible.

If anyone has felt like "the generation hasn't really started yet" what with major games still coming to PS4 and the like, well, Alan Wake 2 is here to save the day. I thought Cyberpunk looked pretty good with the new RT Overdrive stuff they added and the Dead Space Remake had some crazy good atmospheric use of light and really well made environments, but AW2 is even better. It's not just technical brilliance either, really immersive and intense atmosphere. Writing is good, interesting characters, plot has me intrigued.

I'm going to have to rearrange the upper half of my top10 goty list I think.

also, the Epic Game Store achievement sound is very silly and kind of ruins the amazing sound design in AW2 when it pops up...

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

idk starfield isn't that bad.
it's more that is is intensely mediocre and almost impressively out of touch with what other games have done in the last 15 years or so.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Vermain posted:

got quake on sale and i can't believe it took me this long to play it. what a goddamn good game

The out of nowhere patches for Quake and Quake 2 were so godamn good!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Saints Row reboot that killed Volition is free on Epic Games Store now, if you, like me, are curious as to how bad/mediocre it is.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Saints Row feels floaty and bad to control. The sound design is terrible.
There's something off about the scale of objects or something, it feels like an upresses old game in so many ways.

It was fun to play dress up with my character though and the cutscenes with my Zoomer gang were surprisingly decent. Idk. It's a shame it all went bad for Volition, the game seems very directionless.
Embracer really destroyed a lot of good studios...
I don't think we'll ever see the Saints again, but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Celebrating New Year's Eve with my best pal Clive Rosfield. He's just off screen with my good buddy, Torgal.