Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Really hope Hamiltons knee is ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Are the Mannings doing one of these games because I'm inclined to not watch either of them with regular announcers. Sorry NFL marketing people.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Someone posted that this is due to the network trying to figure out what scheduling works best for the MNF double header in terms of ratings.

Schedule good games and people will come

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Sunday Morning posted:

Are the Mannings doing one of these games because I'm inclined to not watch either of them with regular announcers. Sorry NFL marketing people.

They're doing both at the same time!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

SKULL.GIF posted:

If this is true I'm all in then!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Harlock posted:

Is there a reason why there's two NFL games tonight at the same exact time? Can the NFL beat up that AI who scheduled this mess?

Does anyone know if we get to choose which one to watch, or is one blacked out unless you have Redzone

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Does anyone know if we get to choose which one to watch, or is one blacked out unless you have Redzone

Titans-Dolphins is on ESPN
Packers-Giants is on ABC

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

In the states, one is on ABC and the other ESPN. Dunno about overseas.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I hope they redzone it and just cover the games when scoring is happening.

This might save MNF!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Vertical Lime posted:

that’s what they used to do week 1

I remember that and thought it was fun. When did this change?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Ayudo posted:

I hope they redzone it and just cover the games when scoring is happening.

This might save MNF!

Adding the Mannings to the afternoon Sunday slot of RedZone would rule.

Early slot would be fun too but probably too hectic with the number of games and constant switching for the guys to get a conversation going.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Harlock posted:

Schedule good games and people will come

If it's a Manningcast game, I'd rather watch them rag on and get pissed at lovely QB play than a good game where everything makes sense.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1734270675328647621?s=20

Good news

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

Titans-Dolphins is on ESPN
Packers-Giants is on ABC

Black Lighter posted:

Bless

I never get to watch the Dolphins, so I’m excited :3:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I hope they give him all the rest he needs. Would much rather play wildcard weekend with Hamilton than get the bye without him.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Huh. I didn’t even realized he was injured again since I was there. You miss a lot when you’re not watching on TV.

it sucks but I think they can probably afford to sit him against the Jags. Miami is looming and he HAS to play that week

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

Huh. I didn’t even realized he was injured again since I was there. You miss a lot when you’re not watching on TV.

it sucks but I think they can probably afford to sit him against the Jags. Miami is looming and he HAS to play that week

Rams were under 4.5 yards per pass with Hamilton on the Field. Over 7.0 yards per pass with him off.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Black Lighter posted:

Packers Giants is on Sky Sports NFL, Titans Dolphins is on Sky Sports Main Event or Arena in the UK

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Rams were under 4.5 yards per pass with Hamilton on the Field. Over 7.0 yards per pass with him off.

its a weird thing cause its not like we can just replace him with a single guy since he just plays his position as a swiss army knife, which results in him playing all over the line and in different coverages. all of which is a force multiplier, since now it's more difficult to read the coverage because you can't simply look at where hamilton is lined up and know what he's gonna do. at least not in the same way you can when you see them bringing in an extra linebacker or a dime corner.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

AndrewP posted:

8-5 Kansas City - good but flawed
8-5 Jacksonville - the Lions of the AFC
8-5 Cleveland - maybe the scariest team on this list somehow
7-6 Pittsburgh - nope
7-6 Indianapolis - fun but no
7-6 Denver - don't buy it
7-6 Houston - a year early but fiesty
7-6 Cincinnati - how are you still alive
7-6 Buffalo - flawed but I don't wanna see you in the playoffs

Unfortunately Houston is not fiesty anymore with all their playmakers on O and D out

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whoever said it feels like people were waiting for Mahomes to show his true colors were correct. Folks are teeing off on him and the Chiefs.

Honestly, he has to apologize. You can't triple down on this (he's already double downed on it). Take the L (again).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nah I bet Chiefs fans are ready to get in their "KC against the world" season (like the comical "nobody believed in us" thing last year)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Yeah he will absolutely triple down on it, Chiefs' fans are out of their minds angry at the call

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They're gonna chop themselves right out of the divisional round and the rest of the NFL will be there to laugh.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think the Chiefs will probably win out, this was their last really hard game.

It's really a shame the Chargers wilted so badly in a year that the Chiefs are actually a little vulnerable. Missed their chance.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Denver is one game behind KC

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Where do I send this tweet to everyone in the Jets FO?

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1733938829331927084?t=4ZgdWBA7ZNZzXACwjIWUUA&s=19

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A lot of Chiefs fans woke up today angry as hell instead of just the usual fat and racist

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Zach Wilson revealing that he was secretly good this entire time would be the funniest possible outcome, so I'm rooting for that

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

A lot of Chiefs fans woke up today angry as hell instead of just the usual fat and racist

Good

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

nachos posted:

Denver is one game behind KC

I can imagine a world where there Broncos win out and KC drops one more to, say, Cincinnati. But KC still owns the tiebreaker and wins the division.

Dropping one to the Raiders or Chargers would do it. but... nah

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 11, 2023

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

gently caress OFF

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scarabrae posted:

gently caress OFF

:allears:

https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1734048405444256092

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

MikeCrotch posted:

As a filthy brit I find Monday games annoying. Less Monday games!!!

Show a stuff upper lip chap.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I am of course assuming the NFL won’t stand for the disparaging remarks to their officiating and I fully expect a 3 game suspension for Mahomes

:colbert:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

I can imagine a world where there Broncos win out and KC drops one more to, say, Cincinnati. But KC still owns the tiebreaker and wins the division.

Dropping one to the Raiders or Chargers would do it. but... nah

The Broncos are 1-0 against KC. If they win next week they are leading the division with head to head tie breaker over the Chiefs. Sunday could make the Chiefs a Wildcard visiting team.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Broncos are 1-0 against KC. If they win next week they are leading the division with head to head tie breaker over the Chiefs. Sunday could make the Chiefs a Wildcard visiting team.

As funny as that would be, the Broncos already split with KC, and I think if they wind up tied KC holds the tiebreaker. Nothing ruling out a total end-of-season collapse tho!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll never understand how you can line up ahead of where the center is and not notice

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Black Lighter posted:

As funny as that would be, the Broncos already split with KC, and I think if they wind up tied KC holds the tiebreaker. Nothing ruling out a total end-of-season collapse tho!

Whoa, I was way off. Not sure why I thought they play next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'll never understand how you can line up ahead of where the center is and not notice

Look at those eyes. He probably thought he was in the backfield.

Only registered members can see post attachments!