Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'll never understand how you can line up ahead of where the center is and not notice
The refs usually grab you by the hips and gently pull you back so it's not something players pay much attention to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Black Lighter posted:

As funny as that would be, the Broncos already split with KC, and I think if they wind up tied KC holds the tiebreaker. Nothing ruling out a total end-of-season collapse tho!

It's gonna depend. If the Chiefs drop a division game and the Broncos win out, the Broncos will hold the tiebreaker (playoff machine at least is telling me that Broncos will have the common-game tiebreaker over the Chiefs for the division). If the Chiefs win both their division games though, they'll have the division tiebreaker over the Broncos, so the Broncos would need the Chiefs to drop their other 2 games (and win out themselves) in that case.

Since the division games are against the Raiders (who can't score) and Chargers (without Herbert), I think it's actually more likely for the Chiefs to lose to both the Patriots and Bengals somehow.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gully Foyle posted:

It's gonna depend. If the Chiefs drop a division game and the Broncos win out, the Broncos will hold the tiebreaker (playoff machine at least is telling me that Broncos will have the common-game tiebreaker over the Chiefs for the division). If the Chiefs win both their division games though, they'll have the division tiebreaker over the Broncos, so the Broncos would need the Chiefs to drop their other 2 games (and win out themselves) in that case.

Since the division games are against the Raiders (who can't score) and Chargers (without Herbert), I think it's actually more likely for the Chiefs to lose to both the Patriots and Bengals somehow.

“The Pats defense might be good enough to shut down the Chiefs offense” was not a sentence I was prepared to type in 2023 but they really aren’t great

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bellmaker posted:

“The Pats defense might be good enough to shut down the Chiefs offense” was not a sentence I was prepared to type in 2023 but they really aren’t great

The problem is the Pats offense will do diddly poo against the Chiefs.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

I'll never understand how you can line up ahead of where the center is and not notice

I think most NFL players are braindead and so are the coaches. In fact, I think that everyone involved in the sport is braindead, including us.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

sweet thursday posted:

The refs usually grab you by the hips and gently pull you back so it's not something players pay much attention to

Did you coach 1st grade flag football too?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The problem is the Pats offense will do diddly poo against the Chiefs.

They should let Jim Mora do the post game presser.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

There's a bad taste Penn State joke here somewhere but I'm too busy to tease it out

Nov 6, 2002

JGdmn posted:

Did you coach 1st grade flag football too?

There was always a sound like *slap* *slap* *slap* when he did this.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

There's a bad taste Penn State joke here somewhere but I'm too busy to tease it out

Fun fact: they put the Paterno statue back last year

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Is it looking the other way at least

Nov 6, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sweet thursday posted:

:drat:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

sweet thursday posted:

Goddamn

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sweet thursday posted:

:eyepop:

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

boom shakalaka

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

kiimo posted:

Wycheck was four years older than me and I'd like to not think I'm entering "falling risk" age tyvm

I'm the exact same age and yep, we are

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
For those who like to say Purdy can't play off schedule:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s6lk0NHw6A&t=1598s

Play gets completely covered up, has to roll left out of the pocket, hits the 45 yard gain during a scramble drill. Sick rear end play that's basically all Purdy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns are without their main running back, their main QB, their main tackles, their starting CB Ward out, injuries piling up, have lost their starting DT for the season but are 8-5. I hope Joe Flacco is the difference maker to get us to the post season at least.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Asproigerosis posted:

Fun fact: they put the Paterno statue back last year
I don't think this is true? Where did you hear this?

sweet thursday posted:

Lmao drat

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's not.

The last official act of the President of Penn State was to have it melted down to, and I am not making this up, cast the lettering for the building adorning his name. His as in the former President of the school (Rodney Erickson), not Paterno.

https://onwardstate.com/2015/04/01/april-fools-university-source-joe-paterno-statue-melted-down-for-rodney-a-erickson-food-science-building/

I think that loving rocks. I'd love for my last official act of leadership to be that spiteful and symbolic.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

:pusheen:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GD_American posted:

It's not.

The last official act of the President of Penn State was to have it melted down to, and I am not making this up, cast the lettering for the building adorning his name. His as in the former President of the school (Rodney Erickson), not Paterno.

https://onwardstate.com/2015/04/01/april-fools-university-source-joe-paterno-statue-melted-down-for-rodney-a-erickson-food-science-building/

I think that loving rocks. I'd love for my last official act of leadership to be that spiteful and symbolic.
Did you look at the date on that article

Or the url

I wish that part were true, but alas

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Rae Carruth's trigger man died in prison.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39090497/van-brett-watkins-accomplice-rae-carruth-dies-prison-63

Fifty Three posted:

Did you look at the date on that article

Or the url

I wish that part were true, but alas

mother---fuckkkkk

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

sweet thursday posted:

:perfect:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://x.com/eddiebarstool/status/1733924328872267830

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

sweet thursday posted:

A get-back coach for receivers who runs onto the field pre-snap like tennis ball-gatherers

sweet thursday posted:

holy moly

kalensc fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 12, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

I think we have to sit him for Jacksonville and hope we beat them anyway and then sit him for the 49ers regardless, then hope he's back for Miami. Because 4-1 with a win over Miami is #1 seed overall.

This is like when we lost Adalius Thomas in 2003 but at least this one isn't permanent like that one was. Hamilton reminds me a lot of Thomas even though they were different positions they had a very similar role playing all over the field. And it was nice to have that back with Hamilton.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://x.com/cjzero/status/1734369794390978749?s=20

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

Wycheck was four years older than me and I'd like to not think I'm entering "falling risk" age tyvm

When I was a kid is was afraid of ghosts and Bigfoot

Now I’m 56 and ladders, going down stairs, and being near a precipice spook me

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rashan Gary is gonna bury DeVito in the pine barrens

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Sean "Stiletto" Stellato

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

You have gotta be loving kidding me

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Guy looks like if Inspector Gadget got into the Venom symbiote

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Mara’s gonna wake up with a horse head in bed

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I prefer this joke from the GDT:

Dr_Strangelove posted:

He failed to assassinate Hyman Roth and now he’s an agent for backup QBs

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

I prefer this joke from the GDT:

Need someone's Achilles to snap? Maybe you need a rotator cuff to tear so you can get your night in the spotlight? He's your man.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah they didn't actually put the statue back. It's forever lost in some warehouse somewhere.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah they didn't actually put the statue back. It's forever lost in some warehouse somewhere.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

News: Manningcast did both games.

Views: It was awesome. Good guests too.

also

News: Kirk Cousins is an enormous goober.

Views: Lol. He does know football though.