Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Woozie66 posted:

This has big shades of Baker in 2021 pushing through injury because he hasn't missed a game before. Someone needs to tell Trev that that streak doesn't loving matter.

Oof, yeah. It's way more important for him to sit and heal if he's not 100%, especially with the playoffs looming. I don't think the Jags are close to being in a win now situation where he needs to worry about that.

Borsche69 posted:

I think the Chiefs are still fine. Its just jarring cause they aren't guaranteed to drop 35 points every time and you have to hope that you're able to end the game while holding onto the ball just to beat them. They're more balanced than in years prior, even if part of that is that the offense (WRs) regressed. They can definitely beat anyone else, and in a high enough confidence interval that puts them into the 'good' category.

Yeah, agreed. They look more mortal than they have in recent years, but really, every playoff-caliber team except the Niners (when healthy) looks very beatable this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Cavauro posted:

nine days ago i said one thing. i said there's 7 teams that can make the super bowl this year. and i said no one else can even though they can. that's all one thing. i didn't say who the teams were and that bastard No Butt Stuff said only two teams could make the super bowl, because that's true but different. but you listed them all. congratulations Zurreco. You have been entered into a raffle to win an Amazon gift card using my microsoft points. if i should win, the card will be yours.

sir... my FRIEND... The prize is non transferable.. .

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Are we 100% sure the Chiefs are good? It feels weird to say this but they have some very suspicious losses and a couple more tight wins vs poo poo teams

If someone else is gonna sneak through from the AFC this would be the opening. Problem being all the other AFC teams are even sketchier

They have Patrick Mahomes, so they are still good. They have flaws which may prevent them from winning the Super Bowl, but they are probably contenders until he either retires or suffers a catastrophic injury. The Chiefs desperately need WR help going forward though, they basically have 4 guys who would be number 3 wide outs on most teams.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Gonna be fun watching him play football pumped full of so many drugs he thinks he’s in a Battletoads level

Trevor is going to make it to the bike level, refuse to ride it and promptly fall into a pit.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rooster Brooster posted:

sir... my FRIEND... The prize is non transferable.. .

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It would be the most Jags move to ruin their franchise QB just to try to keep their division lead and a shot at the 1 seed, even though they'd still make the playoffs with their soft schedule. For their sake I'm hoping it's just all bullshit and the plan is for Beathard to play.

It's just the Browns. They have a lot of injuries piling up and aren't the defensive juggernaut they were at the start of the season.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Trevor Lawrence is the dipshit in your office that comes in with the flu because they’ve never missed a day.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Trevor Lawrence is the dipshit in your office that comes in with the flu because they’ve never missed a day.

Except it's end of year crunch time and instead of squeaking by now everyone is hosed up and you're ending the year way in the red.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs have built up about a decade of benefit of the doubt in terms of their contender status, they’re just not terrifying like they used to be

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

and refuses to wear a mask because they don't work.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fate Accomplice posted:

good teams get a playoff bye OR win on wildcard weekend.

every other team is bad.
The Giants were good last year, confirmed.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Why are there two MNF games tomorrow?? Is it because Christmas is on a Monday?

e: wait there are three games on Christmas??? :sickos:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Giants were good last year, confirmed.

admitting the variance in a single elimination playoff system, yes they were.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fate Accomplice posted:

admitting the variance in a single elimination playoff system, yes they were.
Oh of course, I realize now that the way I said that could come across as being an rear end but I was just trying to be funny because... the Giants.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles are losing badly tonight. Their secondary is just non-existent and something's up with the offense.

Also, this has been a brutal schedule these past 2 weeks. Getting the Niners and Cowboys back to back, both with 10 days rest, is not optimal

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Rogue Elephant posted:

They have Patrick Mahomes, so they are still good. They have flaws which may prevent them from winning the Super Bowl, but they are probably contenders until he either retires or suffers a catastrophic injury. The Chiefs desperately need WR help going forward though, they basically have 4 guys who would be number 3 wide outs on most teams.

Calling them number 3 wide outs might be generous.

The average drops per team this season is around 19. Kansas City leads the league with 32!

And the drops speak nothing to the bad routes, inability to separate, etc.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

shyduck posted:

Eagles are losing badly tonight. Their secondary is just non-existent and something's up with the offense.

Also, this has been a brutal schedule these past 2 weeks. Getting the Niners and Cowboys back to back, both with 10 days rest, is not optimal

It's kind of horseshit how brutal the entire middle section of the schedule has been, and it's an absolute miracle the Niners were somehow the first loss in that stretch. They're gonna get demolished tonight, but considering I was expecting them to be sitting at around .500 by now I guess I can't complain too much.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Toaster Beef posted:

It's kind of horseshit how brutal the entire middle section of the schedule has been, and it's an absolute miracle the Niners were somehow the first loss in that stretch. They're gonna get demolished tonight, but considering I was expecting them to be sitting at around .500 by now I guess I can't complain too much.

Okay but have you considered that the Cowboys are frauds :hmmyes:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Let D-LINK have this.

Watt is the main highlight of the Steelers' season.

There's nothing to "let" me have. He leads the league in sacks, tied in TFL with Mack, Crosby and others, has an INT in coverage and 5 PBUs (which none of the others he's compared to even do), and a defensive touchdown.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

Why are there two MNF games tomorrow?? Is it because Christmas is on a Monday?

e: wait there are three games on Christmas??? :sickos:

https://theathletic.com/5120360/2023/12/10/nfl-week-14-espn-monday-night-football-broadcast/

quote:

[...] The NFL already went with two Monday night games in Week 2 (New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers and Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers) and Week 3 (Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Los Angeles Rams at Cincinnati Bengals). However, there was an hour gap between the start times for the two games each evening.But why is the league double-dipping when it comes to MNF? According to the league and ESPN, it’s about getting real-time data on viewer interest regarding “Monday Night Football” doubleheader start times.

“We’re going to learn more about what optimizes best, and I think by next year we’ll continue to hone on driving the biggest viewership between the two games,” ESPN president of content Burke Magnus told The Athletic’s Richard Deitsch in September. “We will learn if it is better to start with the ABC game, the ESPN game, or the other way around. … In Week 14, we’re doing both games at the same time. The thought there is, can we combine total audience and do a little bit like we used to do in the old days of college football where we create a simultaneous national and regional appeal and use our networks to do that in a single window? Then it combines to sort of like a super audience total number.”

Hans Schroeder, the NFL’s executive vice president of media distribution, called it a unique opportunity with a single broadcast partner to examine the possibilities.

“We have the unique opportunity with a single partner, with two really strong national distribution assets in ESPN and ABC, and what we want to do is continue to innovate and create a new viewing experience,” Schroeder told Deitsch in September. “So you’ll see more look-ins in between the games. You’ll see more coverage between the two games going on, you’ll see things at halftime in those first couple weeks where they go to the other game. The whole desire is, how do we create a new and different and compelling way for fans to watch games, and how do we continue to test and innovate as we do that? We’re really excited for those side-by-sides with Disney.” [...]

tldr they're trying to figure out how to juice viewers for MNF

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
hmmm if they want more viewers maybe they should try having good teams play instead of shoving the new york football teams down our throats bc they have the biggest markets

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I had skipped over until just now noticing that Trevor Lawrence who cannot be totally right is coming back after 6 days to play against Myles Garrett?

I mean everyone has pass rushers, that's just one I'd rather not have my quarterback play against if he can't move.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LA isn't showing Chiefs /Bills for the ten fans who want to watch Broncos / Chargers

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Sad news, former Titans player and half of the Music City Miracle Frank Wycheck fell, hit his head, and died.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1733904867385548854

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

Sad news, former Titans player and half of the Music City Miracle Frank Wycheck fell, hit his head, and died.

Oh jesus that's horrible.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That is awful. Wycheck apparently had to give up his broadcasting gigs in 2017 because of...well, general head issues.

Not that this was expected, but he can't have been in good shape I'd imagine.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

GD_American posted:

:smith:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

That is awful. Wycheck apparently had to give up his broadcasting gigs in 2017 because of...well, general head issues.

Not that this was expected, but he can't have been in good shape I'd imagine.

That explanation sounded like there was more to the story honestly

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

GD_American posted:

jesus

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

That explanation sounded like there was more to the story honestly

definitely CTE involved, he's had brain issues for years

very sad, I will always remember the Music City Miracle

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My bud's dad is in the hospital after hitting his head falling, is in his early 60's and was in the ICU for like 3 days. Probably CTE or whatever post-NFL situation here, but you can easily kill yourself hitting your head falling as an older guy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah it's loving scary to think about being one slip away in the wrong spot and falling the wrong way and all of a sudden you're dead

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh jets

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I used to sleepwalk. One night I woke up to find myself falling backwards onto my bathroom floor. Which is tiled. I thought I was about to die. I got away with an incredibly minor bump on my head and a three-day concussion watch.

The CPAP machine is saving my life in so many ways. If you snore or have any, any other bad sleep symptoms, get checked out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

My bud's dad is in the hospital after hitting his head falling, is in his early 60's and was in the ICU for like 3 days. Probably CTE or whatever post-NFL situation here, but you can easily kill yourself hitting your head falling as an older guy.

Wycheck was four years older than me and I'd like to not think I'm entering "falling risk" age tyvm

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

Wycheck was four years older than me and I'd like to not think I'm entering "falling risk" age tyvm

Every age is falling off a roof/ladder falling risk age.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Every age is falling off a roof/ladder falling risk age.

Don't forget DIY tree work

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

hmmm if they want more viewers maybe they should try having good teams play instead of shoving the new york football teams down our throats bc they have the biggest markets

The Jets hadnt been on SNF in like 12-13 years prior to this season lol.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

You also don't have 10+ seasons of football wear-and-tear on your body and mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Grittybeard posted:

I had skipped over until just now noticing that Trevor Lawrence who cannot be totally right is coming back after 6 days to play against Myles Garrett?

I mean everyone has pass rushers, that's just one I'd rather not have my quarterback play against if he can't move.

Myles Garrett is super hosed up ATM to be fair, he's not been himself at all due to a shoulder injury