Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah that whole sequence was awesome. On 2nd down Lamar screwed by the refs with a bad sack call, now it looks like we'll have to get it closer on 3rd to have a chance on 4th but no he gets the TD immediately on 3rd and long. Then an impossible throw made on a 2 pointer that ended up being what even allowed us to win.

Which brings me to my next issue: gently caress Joe Flacco. I dont want to hear good things about him from Ravens fans when our own QB just did this. And i dont wanna hear Lamar missed deep throws or whatever. He should be getting the accolades from us not the man-dork in Cleveland. gently caress him(for now, Ill go back to being cool with him after this long-toed stint in Cleveland is over with).

Maybe you shouldn't have been so hasty to ship off your elite, super bowl winning QB in favor of a fast but fragile guy who has to poop during games :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Don't do your boy dirty like that, Kawalimus. There's still time to repent for your sins against the elite.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nervous posted:

Maybe you shouldn't have been so hasty to ship off your elite, super bowl winning QB in favor of a fast but fragile guy who has to poop during games :colbert:

The Browns thought PJ Walker was better to have around as a backup than Flacco.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The heat of the moment game stuff ok sure maybe, but after the game when you blew the rest of the possession all on your own and then to have the loving post game pressers to cry about it is what has really made this the thing. Like how did nobody on the chiefs get a screen grab or open loving twitter and show Mahomes and Andy one loving picture before they got up on that throne to show their whole asses?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Kawalimus posted:

The Browns thought PJ Walker was better to have around as a backup than Flacco.

The Browns thought Nasty Man was worth multiple firsts plus a quarter billion, their evaluation process is obviously bunk and they're now getting to the correct choice through chance, not smarts.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They're so freaking lucky Flacco was right there to save their season. They can do damage in the playoffs if he continues to play like this.

But... What do you do if he is clearly better than Watson? You may be able to get him for 15-20 million but now you're spending so much on the quarterback position.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kirios posted:

They're so freaking lucky Flacco was right there to save their season. They can do damage in the playoffs if he continues to play like this.

But... What do you do if he is clearly better than Watson? You may be able to get him for 15-20 million but now you're spending so much on the quarterback position.

Flacco is going to be 39 in January. No one is going to pay him anything other than glorified backup money even if he continues to play well this year - unlikely.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
just saw in espn that the Pro Football HOF has proactively barred Kelce. Sad!

I think the message Pat is really trying to make is that the refs should use The Rule of Cool on all flags.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
No way Flacco can maintain solid play for a 17-game season at this point. That's too much wear and film for opposing teams to make for a top-half-of-the-league starter. That said, this closer role he's playing in Cleveland is perfect for him. I'm on the exact opposite side as the Ravens' resident bird enthusiast on this one. Flacco owns and I want him to have as much playoff success as possible, without negatively impacting Lamar and co.

Honestly, the best thing to do would be to steal him from Cleveland since they have very stupidly placed Flacco back on the practice squad instead of securing him a spot on the 53. Even with his different style of play, he'd be a better backup than Huntley. The fact that it would eliminate the Browns as a threat in the playoffs is just a bonus.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What the hell they actually did that?! Pittsburgh would be very wise to snatch him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If Flacco put on a Steelers jersey he's dead to me.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Guido Merkens posted:

just saw in espn that the Pro Football HOF has proactively barred Kelce. Sad!

I think the message Pat is really trying to make is that the refs should use The Rule of Cool on all flags.

getting pissed off bc refs should allow cool poo poo for the sake of itself would be a good argument tho, and pat is a whiny wiener incapable of being cool

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If the refs hadn't thrown the flag and KC won, you just know Mahomes would say something like "You can't blame the refs for losing" if Buffalo had done the whining

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

no he should become the greatest qb in the history of every afcn team. he's already got two

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

*Patrick Mahommes watching the opening scene of The Last Boy Scout*

"Good heavens how will this effect Kelce's hall chances?"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I got breakfast in the hotel bar this morning and the TV had on some split-screen sports thing from the cable provider. It was showing Jim Rome, Cowherd, Stephen A, and Pat Mcafee all talking about the Chiefs offsides. Truly the 4 horsemen of the sportspocalypse, I tell ya.

(Skip is obviously Satan)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What if Toney wore way too big Kevin Durant shoes.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Guido Merkens posted:

want to reiterate that the flag was thrown as soon as the ball was snapped

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

also I’m pretty sure Pat had never complained about getting a “free play” when the defense is caught offsides.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Send My Qb To Pittsburgh???

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If Mahomes was a Raven I'd be saying he's deliberately goading the press and public to take all the heat on himself to spare Toney from getting ripped to pieces and that's what a good leader does.

But he's not a Ravens so suck it Pat you loser.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

sharknado slashfic posted:

If Mahomes was a Raven I'd be saying he's deliberately goading the press and public to take all the heat on himself to spare Toney from getting ripped to pieces and that's what a good leader does.

But he's not a Ravens so suck it Pat you loser.

Judging by the news this morning, the press and public are perfectly willing and able to rip both Pat and Toney (and Andy), regardless.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Mahomes needs to learn how to chew out his teammates from Peyton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DttfyOeU3vw

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
My crazy hot take is maybe the refs shouldn't be helping players out in any way and just call the game as it is and let these professional athletes who should goddamn well know what the rules of their position are figure it out after they get flagged for it repeatedly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:five:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Josh is so handsome how could she resist, make the switch and dump the bitch

[e] actually no leave Josh alone plz the Bills don't need your bad ju ju

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 11, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I really love people trying to zapruder this

https://twitter.com/MichaelMUSEA/status/1734313343039787241

Like my guy, if he's checking (he's not, he's telling the ref he's the cover guy), he's still walking forward when he checks, so yeah, he was good where he was, he then takes a few steps forward.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
More importantly, it's not the refs' job to tell you if you're lined up correctly.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The refs should have penalized Buffalo preemptively to ensure that KC wasn't offsides.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Not to defend it but if someone is that obviously off sides why even let the play happen

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Because you can shift before the snap.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The refs shoulda told Mac Jones to throw poo poo passes all year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:lol:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Harlock posted:

Not to defend it but if someone is that obviously off sides why even let the play happen

Refs usually don't blow offsides calls dead. They're usually on the defense and wind up as a free play.

If this was just a normal incompletion or whatever, Buffalo declines it and the chiefs lose a down like normal.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's my opinion that getting heated about this is dumb. It's clearly not the Chiefs' year and they should fire Nagy and that douche first year WR coach and also sign Calvin Ridley

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kalli posted:

I really love people trying to zapruder this

https://twitter.com/MichaelMUSEA/status/1734313343039787241

Like my guy, if he's checking (he's not, he's telling the ref he's the cover guy), he's still walking forward when he checks, so yeah, he was good where he was, he then takes a few steps forward.

Even in this video his entire foot is clear of the ball (on the wrong side) lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kiimo posted:

It's my opinion that getting heated about this is dumb. It's clearly not the Chiefs' year and they should fire Nagy and that douche first year WR coach and also sign Calvin Ridley

I mean I don’t care if he gets heated if you know it actually happened which is the bigger issue

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

My crazy hot take is maybe the refs shouldn't be helping players out in any way and just call the game as it is and let these professional athletes who should goddamn well know what the rules of their position are figure it out after they get flagged for it repeatedly.

I am a-okay with referees being a resource for players to check rules against in the moment.

It’s not illegal to be offsides before the play, it’s illegal to be offsides after the ball is snapped. Dudes way out on the perimeter might not have a clear view at where the ball is or where the spot officially is, checking with a ref is allowed for that reason.

The officiating response wasn’t “we didn’t tell him to get back on the right side of the ball so we flagged it” it was “he didn’t ask, so we didn’t tell him, and we flagged it.” They aren’t out there to babysit the players to make sure the game is clean, but referees across all sports are supposed to be the rule experts, why wouldn’t you use them as a resource as a player?

It happens all the time at professional levels of all games. Look how many times a baseball player specifies the strikezone with the plate umpire or, hell, as a mega nerd, a judge call in Magic: The Gathering comes to mind.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Chiefs possibly should have tried scoring more than 17 points against a depleted defense while at home to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

the Chiefs possibly should have tried scoring more than 17 points against a depleted secondary while at home to begin with

or not allow like ten yards a rush most of the game. That's a lack of effort and a large reason I'm not allowing them to affect my mood this year.