Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Finished honour mode! Didn't do Cazador, House of Hope or Grief and blew Gale up so the ending felt a bit lovely, but I have the dice. It's amazing how much of a wrench it is letting down these collections of pixels and voices even when you've saved them properly the first two times round.

I'm tempted to only play honour going forward, it really adds something to the game having to accept your fuckups. I saw so much content that I never would have in tactician. The only issue is when you get the odd bug or the game mechanics don't work how you expect, but they're sufficiently rare that you can power through

I haven't finished honor mode yet, but next time I play it's going to be on tactician with no savescumming. That's really the only part of honor mode I like. The game's a lot more immersive when I'm not relying on the F8 key to get out of every small jam.

I haven't used Gale, Halsin, or Wyll in three plays, so that's my team next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

I haven't finished honor mode yet, but next time I play it's going to be on tactician with no savescumming. That's really the only part of honor mode I like. The game's a lot more immersive when I'm not relying on the F8 key to get out of every small jam.

I haven't used Gale, Halsin, or Wyll in three plays, so that's my team next time.

Yeah same. I’m still chasing the gold dice so for now I’m sticking with what I know. But if I ever finish I would like to do a run with the companions and classes I never use. Have hardly touched Druid and ranger at all. Not used paladin too much either. Probably with the mod that turns tactician into honor mode but without the single save.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I had what felt like a classic D&D encounter. Secret cellar that had a secret passage to what seemed like a benign cavern. Decided to open an old coffin and there was a BOOM and out popped a skeleton, taking my party by surprise. And this was not a shambling sort of skeleton, but a spry rear end in a top hat of a skeleton who began dashing around the room and bashing open other coffins and in short order my party was outnumbered by these higher level bony shitheads. Everything went downhill from there and I had to reload, but still... if I'd just left that coffin alone I expect things would've gone differently, unless after my reload I'm about to do something else that wakes them all up again.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Docjowles posted:

Is he wearing the arcane acuity hat? With how many attacks bards get that can really pump up your spell save DC to an insane degree.

It was probably something like this. He's a College of Swords Bard, and I remember hoarding some of the various gear that would let spells and physical attacks pump each other up (a lot of it from the Creche), and gave it to him once I made him a Bard.

Dick Trauma posted:

I had what felt like a classic D&D encounter. Secret cellar that had a secret passage to what seemed like a benign cavern. Decided to open an old coffin and there was a BOOM and out popped a skeleton, taking my party by surprise. And this was not a shambling sort of skeleton, but a spry rear end in a top hat of a skeleton who began dashing around the room and bashing open other coffins and in short order my party was outnumbered by these higher level bony shitheads. Everything went downhill from there and I had to reload, but still... if I'd just left that coffin alone I expect things would've gone differently, unless after my reload I'm about to do something else that wakes them all up again.

There's something special in that room that can get you a permanent friend :)

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

my second honor mode run ended at level 3 again after flinging poop in a goblins face. his buddies sounded the drum, I should have ran for it. you really have to plot this poo poo out huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

my second honor mode run ended at level 3 again after flinging poop in a goblins face. his buddies sounded the drum, I should have ran for it. you really have to plot this poo poo out huh.

yes. my first solo hm attempt ended with a double crit from edowyn's idiot siblings. you'll get those golden dice yet. :cheersdoge: