Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Just got this and i'm not familiar with 5e - any particular classes i should roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Shadowheart romance.

yikes dat bowlcut

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

i was, then i tried creating a character and it seems terrible haircuts are the default in this world

anyway went with a well-meaning but naive halfling monk because... idk?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

The Lord Bude posted:

You enjoy roleplaying as short fat middle aged men

goddamnit i just got done with dave the diver too

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Is detect traps automatic when youre in stealth?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the green lady gave me some sass when she was up in the cage so i gave her a time out, now she's vanished

is she gone for good?

really appreciating how conversations won't let you mechanically choose every option bethesda style, you get one chance to flow through it then you're done

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
way to scare an eight year old with your snake lady, you really are making the Hard Choices

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i didnt want to kick the squirrel that hard

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
goddamnit you big red moron your victory rage just wiped the party

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
you can throw goblins???

this changes everything

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
not being able to gank people climbing up ladders by standing at the top of it is BULLSHIT

guess i'll just have to THROW YOU BACK DOWN

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
When people refer to act 1, act 2, etc., are these marked by title cards in the game or is just something fans referred to during development?

right now I just killed nere and freed the gnomes and now i'm trying to take the haunted elevator up on the way to moonrise towers - is that act 1 or act 2?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ok so its becoming clear i have a complete reluctance to long rest ever because of residual feelings from bg2 20 years ago, and i can't even recall why long resting was bad in that game?

other residual feelings from bg2 include:

the magic system is incomprehensible, expend every resource into ganking wizards in the first turn
drows can be fixed
if it has a goatee, it's lying

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
why are these kobolds exploding!!! they can't have drunk that much liquor, that's unpossible!!!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
sassed vlaakith

woops

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Pellisworth posted:

dommy mommy doesn't appreciate your backtalk

i didnt know she was actually a god, i thought she was a queen on a holocall with massive pretensions!!!

e: spoilered

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
im on my first playthrough and i can safely say there are absolutely no red flags about a pouty goth chick who worships the darkness who wants to be a mega assassin for the darkness but has amnesia and occasionally looks conflicted over her glowing purple hand and/or the lament configuration

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
command word: flee ing someone to make them run back into the hunger of hadar they just escaped is now the Ultimate Punishment

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
man why was raphael so scared of yurgir? that fat chump aint nothing once you bottleneck his boys with good ol hunger of hadar

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
are the blighted lands just filled up with ketheric's idiot failsons? i've met big fat drunk failson, steampunk medical fetish failson, who the gently caress is next?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
goddamn it shadowheart

i specifically told you NOT to do that

now the gates to hell are open and evil has gotten EVERYWHERE

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
boo you can't revivify npcs

now i gotta save scum because jaheria wanted to kill z'rell so bad she decided hunger of hadar was no big deal

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
end of act 2 spoilers: ketheric beings friends with neil gaiman and meat suit harley quinn and each of them having a magic crystal that controls a giant brain is pure d&d cheese and i am 100% down for it

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
halsin loving sucks, he keeps saying "i can help you get into moonrise towers" "I can help you get into moonrise towers" but all he does is mooch around in camp talking about his dream buddy and then guilt trips you that you didn't lift the shadow curse without providing any more guidance than "look for my dream buddy" gtfo you useless buff himbo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i cant believe they put the 'end concentration spell' in such an unintuitive and hard to find place, jeez louise

also why is wyll such a slut for me but karlach won't give me the time of day? :smith:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Vermain posted:

karlach has a very specific set of conditions to trigger her romance that you can miss entirely going from act 1 to act 2

noooo i'm already in act three

i guess i'm going to have to settle for shadowheart :smith:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
:siren:SHADOWHEART HAS DITCHED THE BOWLCUT. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.:siren:

seriously been wanting to sing a modified version of this at her since day one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaPk-TGwHEg

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
dribbles noooooo

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I had a 1060 and i couldn't get more than 10fps out of the game even with everything set to minimum :confused:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CodFishBalls posted:

What is your CPU?

I ran it on a intel 8700 and 1060 6gb and it was okay on medium/lowish settings.

an i7 8700, too. I should probably mention I was running it at 4K.

Either way, I still get some chonk after upgrading to a 4070, and the environment takes 90 seconds to load every time i move to a new area.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
this game has the highest concentration of condescending haughty british women ever

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Mr. Lobe posted:

It has some rare subtypes of this type of person. I can't think of the last time I was exposed to a butch haughty British woman.

are you talking about karlach? karlach’s not haughty or condescending which is why she rules

the only other two women ive encountered who arent haughty, condescending, and british is jaheira, who is haughty and condescending but not british, and nine-fingers, who is condescending and british but not haughty

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Trevor Hale posted:

And I want to romance them all

if minsc and jaheira are back, then theres always hope the og haughty condescending british woman viconia is back too :allears:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
im still waiting to dual wield nunchucks with my monk, but something tells me it aint happening, let alone trichucks :smith:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
yay viconia!!!

wait she's got how many friends???? gently caress

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
loading any save now gives me 5+ inspiration + associated xp for stuff I've already done, and i get a duplicate of the night spear

it's official: this game is jankier for me than cyberpunk was at release

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Man does gortash loving suck, all that build up to his fight and it's stupid home alone bullshit with traps everywhere. shadowheart just paddy mahomesing grenades all over the place, karlach amped up on hill giant juice throwing gortash through tables, orin better be better than this smdh

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
holy poo poo was orin's fight tedious, ended up with everyone dead apart from indestructible ac24 shadowheart just having to stand around and wait to get a shield reaction shot on the invisible acolytes and knock them prone, then plink a bit of health away

wanna dunk on this brain so hard, but after gortash, sarevok, and orin something tells me the fight is going to be underwhelming

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
finished the game got the karlach doomslayer ending, act 1 and 2 are 9-9.5 out of 10, act 3 is 8/10. Very good, but not the GOAT.

what's this house of hope everyone keeps talking about? is it something to do with raphael? i got sick of him after i killed his super-bad nemesis and he didn't even say thank you and left him sitting in the brothel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
holy poo poo dark urge alfira :stare: :smith: